WaveCut

34 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I am sure the subleties of the wheel's feel can be adjusted.

They are definitely not subtleties. One small rider couldn’t turn with my V11 until we adjusted the suspension sag correctly. The height difference can be up to 2 inches.

And the sponginess can be controlled very well by the negative chamber pressure, and can make the suspension pretty tight if one wants to.

Same goes for the ride mode settings. They go roughly all the way from a vintage KS soft to a modern GW medium. And the beta firmware can even adjust braking and accelerating separately. Also an adjustment that can make the wheel unridable.

Knowing that your experience comes from wheels that have only three riding modes, which all tend to be sort of more of the same, the range of adjustments is way beyond what you are thinking. The V11 is a wheel that you have to learn to know to be able to make it into your own.

34 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I highly doubt that the ride modes and rebound/dampening has much to do with center of gravity and lack of power from that of which I am used to.

Those are exactly what they are designed to adjust. And they do it well.

But it takes some effort to get into the wheel, and I can’t see how you would be interested enough to do that.

• Like 3

I have to agree completely with @mrelwood

@ShanesPlanetA few minutes of riding a different unicycle doesn't give us any idea what it is. Also, considering that the V11 can be set up very thoroughly, unfortunately you did not have the opportunity to feel what could be achieved with this unicycle. So, I suggest you take a closer look at this unicycle and you can feel what we feel when we are riding with it :)

• Like 3

I started on the V11 loved it, knew no better. I just rode it and it was great.

Then i started to dial in tire pressure, both chamber pressures, pad position, tilt angle, soft/hard mode percentage and then work on my riding before i really started to feel like everything was good. About 6 months riding before i sorted all that out for me. Had fun the whole way though. 

Still do, it’s a workhorse! love it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

lack of power from that of which I am used to

I must admit I tried my wheel with a lower pedal height and was so surprised how different it felt. I had so much more manoeuvrability, response, poke and stability.  I put the pedals back up though as I prefer the clearance. Over and above the suspension maybe this too is why you didn't like it as much. 

• Like 1

So any feedback on the new firmware released today?  I have heard very little so far. 

3 minutes ago, Paradox said:

So any feedback on the new firmware released today?  I have heard very little so far. 

I haven’t seen anything yet. Just woke up and saw it, keen for a roll but wet atm. 

People seem to be updating no problem that’s a good sign. 

• Like 1

I have a question about the tail light.  Does it only work if the head light is on?  Is there a setting in the app to always have the tail light on?   I just noticed my brake light only lights up if the front light is on.  I did update to the new firmware today but I think I just never noticed the tail light was off.

6 hours ago, Paradox said:

I have a question about the tail light.  Does it only work if the head light is on?  Is there a setting in the app to always have the tail light on?   I just noticed my brake light only lights up if the front light is on.  I did update to the new firmware today but I think I just never noticed the tail light was off.

Yes, light must be on. Turn on Day Running Light (DLR) to be seen but to not blind others with the high beam.

A tip: if you hold the cut-off switch and press the power button shortly, it will toggle DLR instead of the high beam. Works during the ride as well: the cut-off button does nothing when over 2 or so km/h so you can hold it safely.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Updated the firmware without problems on Android.

Any ideas how the new split ride mode works? Are they percentage modifiers of the original pedal sensitivity, or do they work as their own sensitivities for speeding and braking, while overriding the original sensititivity? Why it seems unclear to me is that the original sensitivity stays enabled and can be changed while the split ride mode is enabled.

Haven't rode the wheel yet after the upgrade.

8 minutes ago, idzspeed said:

Any ideas how the new split ride mode works? Are they percentage modifiers of the original pedal sensitivity, or do they work as their own sensitivities for speeding and braking, while overriding the original sensititivity? Why it seems unclear to me is that the original sensitivity stays enabled and can be changed while the split ride mode is enabled.

CDA801A6-2BFF-4B7A-9A54-B55B9110779B.jpeg

FFF4E636-FB83-4C20-A187-16669D7CF2AA.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, idzspeed said:

I believe they Work in additional to the global Pedal Sensitivity Setting where with Split Ride Mode Setting activated the neutralpoint is 50% for braking and speeding and from there you can adapt Up or down for each seperately

At least this was my Feeling when i tried all These settings out

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Djal said:

FFF4E636-FB83-4C20-A187-16669D7CF2AA.jpeg

7 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

I believe they Work in additional to the global Pedal Sensitivity Setting where with Split Ride Mode Setting activated the neutralpoint is 50% for braking and speeding and from there you can adapt Up or down for each seperately

At least this was my Feeling when i tried all These settings out

Thanks for answers. A bit confusing, but I guess then if I wanted to e.g making braking a bit easier without adjusting speeding, I would set:

* Speeding - 50%
* Braking - 30%

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, idzspeed said:

Thanks for answers. A bit confusing, but I guess then if I wanted to e.g making braking a bit easier without adjusting speeding, I would set:

* Speeding - 50%
* Braking - 30%

With this the braking would turn "Softer" and If thats easier for you with braking then yes

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Being of the definitely not-large persuasion, I was guessing that the suspension would be a rock and I'd feel like I was on top of an extension ladder

This is a good point… I feel like I read on here that @ShanesPlanet is a distinctly un-American weight, too

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Paradox said:

I did some 30 km off-road today right after an update. About 27 Wh/km, max power was 4361 W (67 A) spike, max braking -2008 W. I didn't see any difference in the behaviour except for the split mode.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WrongWay states there is no passive cell balancing in any InMotion wheels.  Is this true?  Video time stamped.

Hey! Just bought my first EUC and went with the V11 as it was constantly recommended as a fantastic all around wheel. I want to think I’ll end up on something more off-road/trail focused but I’m going to try crawling before I walk.

One thing this forum has made abundantly clear is the V11 Can be adjusted and tweaked to meet a given riders style. Are there any good resources/videos for initial setup as well as anything that covers the more advanced adjustments that I’ll appreciate after the first hundred kms or so? I’m beyond excited to start this adventure.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wakestrap said:

Hey! Just bought my first EUC and went with the V11 as it was constantly recommended as a fantastic all around wheel. I want to think I’ll end up on something more off-road/trail focused but I’m going to try crawling before I walk.

One thing this forum has made abundantly clear is the V11 Can be adjusted and tweaked to meet a given riders style. Are there any good resources/videos for initial setup as well as anything that covers the more advanced adjustments that I’ll appreciate after the first hundred kms or so? I’m beyond excited to start this adventure.

Welcome to the forum!

When I bought my Inmotion V11, I used these posts to get the settings more or less correct and started changing them until it felt good:

There are even polls, click the button below them to see answers of what settings riders are using.

The V11 manual states that the tire pressure should be 2.8 bar / 41 psi, so check that it is OK and change it if you feel that the tire is too soft or too hard.

The pedal has a table (as well as in the manual) on how to set up the air suspension. Usually, half of what is in the lower chamber is pumped into the upper chamber, but a range of 50-60 psi has been found to be good regardless of what is in the lower chamber.

I´m happy to see a new V11 rider!

• Like 2