WaveCut

@Paradox I just heard that even those saddle screws are supply constrained right now, but retailers can order them from Inmotion. 

If you can't find them online, try contacting the store that originally sold your v11 to whoever you purchased it from, they might be able to help.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, Adv.Andrei said:

Hi Gents,

Bought a inmotion v11 In dec2020 but couldn t ride it due to health conditions.

Want to start riding it and i was browsing through the internet avout the power pads and ended up at the bearings issue. Now, i live in uk where the weather is what it is. what s the best strategy to make the most out of it. I ve seen some 3d printed parts for the bearings. Thought might ask for a extension of the warranty, the wheel has less than a mile on the odometer, a few times around the living room.

any advices?

kind regards,

Andrei

We have seen both the older and the newer style motor have some issues with water and dirt in the bearings. Like mentioned, gently pry off the outer bearing seal and add some more grease to it as the factory adds only a minimal amount. The grease acts as a barrier in itself as the bearing seals - don't really seal all that well: Any dirt or moisture can easily permeate it. The silicone cover works pretty well in our experience. When you take the motor off for a tire change, its a good idea to wash the cover with some grease detergent to "refresh" it and reuse. The bummer about the outer seal is it does add some slight resistance and it can wear out in time because of friction but its the best option. Now, If you have the older style motor/ bearings, we have still seen riders use a grease layer but because it is exposed it just gathers more dirt/debris. Hope that helps.  

Congrats on the V11 Paradox! Awesome

I have left those screws off so I can reach into the chambers for regularly checking suspension. I have a large hand. 
I just found this easier, I haven’t noticed any problem doing this. 
perhaps the old owner had done the same. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

original wheel causing wobbles by design?

Hey, I picked up a new v11 yesterday, really happy with it.

I just have a problem with wobbles, I understand its normal and since this is my first euc with a decent motor / range its hard for me to judge if it is more than normal. 

When I look at the tire there seems to be like a "thin" plateau on the middle (basically the middle part of the tire is protruding outwards) and I cant help thinking if its a big part of my wobble problem.

Did any of your v11 come with this tire? did replacing it help with stability? 

IMG_20220326_093125.thumb.jpg.456de0eec77f8ac6d745cb63fc1ad48a.jpg

3 hours ago, Poker said:

I just have a problem with wobbles, I understand its normal and since this is my first euc with a decent motor / range its hard for me to judge if it is more than normal. 

When I look at the tire there seems to be like a "thin" plateau on the middle (basically the middle part of the tire is protruding outwards) and I cant help thinking if its a big part of my wobble problem.

IMG_20220326_093125.thumb.jpg.456de0eec77f8ac6d745cb63fc1ad48a.jpg

Hi @Poker and welcome to the forum!

I decided to replace the V11 original tire with the Heidenau K66 80/90 D14. I have to say that thanks to this my V11 became much enjoyable to ride. K66 has tons of grip on the asphalt as well as on the off-road conditions. K66 gives a wobble free life, much better stability, improved carving and so on compared to the original tire.

Downside is that you get a little bit less range, but it doesn't bother me since I get a lot in return.

5 hours ago, Poker said:

Nope.

5 hours ago, Poker said:

New wheels tend to cause wobbles until you get used to it and you can relax. You simply need to ride more!

5 hours ago, Poker said:

It isn’t. A solid and pronounced center section is a normal tire design in the bicycle class.

5 hours ago, Poker said:

All V11 units have come with the same tire from the factory, the one in your photo (CST C-1488). And so have many other EUCs as well.

If you suspect that the tire has been seated badly, lift the wheel up while powered on, without engaging the motor kill switch. Watch the tire as you let the wheel spin. Does it wobble?

If you suspect that the tire causes excess instability, decrease the pressure. Depending on your weight you can safely go down to 26-30 psi.

The mentioned K66 80/90-14 is a magnificent tire, and naturally it is more stable as it’s a motorcycle tire. But that doesn’t make the original “unstable”, it’s simply “normal”.

But be sure to check that you have the correct amount of pressure in the shocks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Wolverine said:

Hi @Poker and welcome to the forum!

I decided to replace the V11 original tire with the Heidenau K66 80/90 D14. I have to say that thanks to this my V11 became much enjoyable to ride. K66 has tons of grip on the asphalt as well as on the off-road conditions. K66 gives a wobble free life, much better stability, improved carving and so on compared to the original tire.

Downside is that you get a little bit less range, but it doesn't bother me since I get a lot in return.

Thank you, the tire sounds really nice. 

What kind of range loss are you looking at with that? 5-10%?

If your battery was full how far would you be willing to plan a route? 

I'm thinking going as fast as you want, with some hills in there and maybe some offroad, like worst case scenario that one would meet in the real world. 

I see the price on that tire is really affordable too! 

17 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Nope.

New wheels tend to cause wobbles until you get used to it and you can relax. You simply need to ride more!

It isn’t. A solid and pronounced center section is a normal tire design in the bicycle class.

All V11 units have come with the same tire from the factory, the one in your photo (CST C-1488). And so have many other EUCs as well.

If you suspect that the tire has been seated badly, lift the wheel up while powered on, without engaging the motor kill switch. Watch the tire as you let the wheel spin. Does it wobble?

If you suspect that the tire causes excess instability, decrease the pressure. Depending on your weight you can safely go down to 26-30 psi.

The mentioned K66 80/90-14 is a magnificent tire, and naturally it is more stable as it’s a motorcycle tire. But that doesn’t make the original “unstable”, it’s simply “normal”.

But be sure to check that you have the correct amount of pressure in the shocks.

Thanks for the welcome and the good advice. 

I've been testing different things and some make it better. Im only at 150km traveled so far on it so no expert at all. Im sure the tire is seated properly, I was more commenting on the design

The worst thing about the wobble is how brutal it is when I'm trying to break pretty hard whilst going fast down a steep hill, it feels outright dangerous. 

7 hours ago, Poker said:

Thank you, the tire sounds really nice. 

What kind of range loss are you looking at with that? 5-10%?

If your battery was full how far would you be willing to plan a route? 

I'm thinking going as fast as you want, with some hills in there and maybe some offroad, like worst case scenario that one would meet in the real world. 

I see the price on that tire is really affordable too! 

The loss of the range is indeed about 5-10%, but it depends on the weight of the rider, road conditions, weather conditions, etc.

I can ride about 55 km without any worries, of course it also depends on a lot of different things (rider weight, road conditions, weather conditions, tire pressure, speed, etc.).

As I wrote earlier and as @Flying W wrote, wobbles will most likely disappear. Make sure that the tire has correct pressure and that the shocks has also the correct pressure. Feel free to play with them and see what works best for you.

The price is good, but because the walls of the K66 are thick, it requires a lot of grease and patience to install. But when you get it done, you notice that it was 100% worth it.

• Like 3

Alright, I can see there is a lot written about different tires on the forum (understandable). 

Will all 80/90-14 tires fit on my v11? 

I've driven enduro motorcycles with both offroad and SM tires on gravel and I have a feeling I could get away with a delicious grippy street tire for my use. Hard to say for certain what the future holds. 

Meanwhile, the sun is shining and summer is coming. Time to get back out there! 

@Poker, I believe the 80/90 would fit, the 80/80 is visibly shorter than the stock 1488 but I also do not have first hand experience with the V11. 

Seeing barely any wear after 800 miles with the performance of the tire though makes the install worth it. 

Since your also a motorcycle guy I will share my biggest trouble. I was using my tire spoons that I use on my dual sport. The chinesium that our rims are made of scratch very easily, enough where the small part I nicked inside poped my tube, twice. I was pointed so some strong plastic tire levers that did the trick by @mrelwood

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2022 at 7:53 PM, Poker said:

Will all 80/90-14 tires fit on my v11?

The tires from various manufacturers vary in size so much, that I’d say: probably not.

2.75-14 is an 80/90-14 equivalent, and we know of at least the Shinko SR-244 that will not fit the V11, not even close. Many other 2.75-14 tires fit very well though.

Best to stick to tires that others have already tried to fit. Or prepare for worst.

alright, thanks. 

I already ordered some ContiScoot 80/90-14, tried searching them and v11 on the forum, didnt find anything to confirm they would fit but its from a local tire dealer and I can just return them if they don't fit so practically no risk.

• Upvote 1

Also thanks @Unventor for the in depth post on wobbles. I have been googling and reading up on the forum but I also wanna spend lots of time riding so it will take time to dig through.

I am pretty sure I wanna order the inmotion power pads for the v11.

Does anyone have any good reason not to buy them?

I have been looking at all the options I could find and what I like the most about them is they follow the design of the v11, I'm not a big fan of "pimping" my wheel with lots of strong or different colors. 

I did see the "back part" of the pads were much smaller but I also saw someone that said they preferred it to be mounted on "mirrored" so you got the fat part pointing backwards.

I had to walk my wheel up two steep hills today that I think i could have climbed with pads on, I tried squeezing the top of the wheel while standing on the tip of the pedals but the saddle is too smooth  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Poker said:

I am pretty sure I wanna order the inmotion power pads for the v11.

Does anyone have any good reason not to buy them?

First of thanks for taking notice of reply on the wobble issue. 

As of the power pads I will share my thoughts. As if people agree are a complex matter I think. 

Now in general I am not a fan of power pads or jump pads for that matter. This is a 2 edge sword, so would say they add to safety for you to maintain control of the wheel, but my view is it also add options to take much higher risks both in how aggressive you can push the wheel and jumping with the wheel adding risks of rim damage. 

Now if you know this and choose not to ride in this way it will in most cases add as a safety option. The problem as I see it it is just a slippery slope that can be hard to stop even if you never intended to persue this. 

Now with that cleared out of the way the Inmotion pads are a mix of good and bad as for pads goes. The biggest problem I have with them is they feel slippery when I ride with my mc suit. The suit has goat skin on the inside to make it more durable. Other MC suits might be fine in the IM pad combo. 

The other part is both good and bad. They are very generic. But it is to a point that they don't do as good a job as they could have done. That said I preferred to have them mounted as power pads (high around just below knees) vs as jump pads (low just above feets). 

There are other options. What one prefer depends on rider and how you ride. 

The part I settled on is the saddel/body guard from roll.nz (I have a prototype version. New version is much better I expect after giving feedback). @Chrissi is a great listener and have made changes I would love to have, but we'll the price of early adopter as usual. 

There are a few reasons behind why I like this solution. The fabric feels really great with my mc suit but also if I ride in just shorts (and other clothes) with knee pads on in the hot summer times. It have great feel of enough without too much friction. And with cushions on the guard it makes the bumps need to add control but with less risk of overpopthe wheel as you cannot go to as much extreme riding style as on hard fixed pads. 

The cushion pads are under the green area of the guard in this picture. 

Winter gear december 2021

These are not so raised from the wheels sides so it is nicer to put the wheel on the side when using it with my car to ride other places the wheel do not have the range for. 

I used to free ride my wheels and I ride with 40kmh as my top speed these days. This is down to having a control board dying on me at around 30kmh. So with this incident and my other accidents I have not settled on how much risk I am willing to risk. And that too shapes my view on pads. 

I know this is a longer post than most on pads but now you know my experience and views on this. That said pads can be a way to get wobbles under control as it help to grab the wheel with you stance or leg. But wobbles are mostly solved by gaining experience and miles you ride. And you might need a short adaption period swapping from wheel to wheel. That is normal for most riders. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

How long do I need to make a custom mudguard at the rear to not get dirty when riding on fast on the wet road?

Same question about a mudguard in the front.

I still want to be able to go up and down curbs and steep hills 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Poker I had the same problem with the rear mudguard. I bought a long V11 mudguard from hulaj.market The rear fender extends the original mudguard by 18 cm. They had a discount and I got it for about 15 euros. I must say that it solved this problem immediately.

Here´s the link:

https://hulaj.market/en/inmotion-v11/160-long-fender-for-inmotion-v11.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Finally got to ride a v11 around. Well... I'm glad I didnt get one. Its not a bad wheel for the few minutes I rode it. It did fall over off the stand sitting on flat ground tho.  My suspicions were confirmed. The v11 felt like a spongy dog of a wheel that had high center of gravity and a serious gyro feel while slow turning. Accel was passable, braking was meh. I guess I would say this wheel is for leisure rides that leave you feeling disconnected with the road. I'm not saying its a bad wheel at all, but its simply not my flavor. Tbh, my ole 18xl felt more manageable and would be my choice. My opinion doesnt have anything to do with longevity or build quality of the V11, as I don't own one. I DO KNOW I can trust my 18xl, and have for a long time. I don't think the v11 would take a beating like some other wheels can. I also dont think it will be as easy to tote around as some of its hardtail competitors. If you want a spongy ride and are willing to compromise in many other areas, perhaps its the EXACT wheel for you. The wheel's owner seemed to like it. Of course it was the only wheel he had ever ridden and you'd have to have met him, to come to your own conclusions of source validity. Boing....Boing...Boing....:thumbup:

Regarding the high center of gravity, some of us prefer it. And you do adapt to it pretty quickly. The sponginess is pretty easily controlled with suspension adjustments. And I’ve taken mine on mountain bike trails plenty of times and it has taken a beating. Some of the plastic is pretty flimsy, but overall it’s not a wheel that’s going to fall apart. But yeah, to each their own. Everybody has their preferences I guess. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Finally got to ride a v11 around. Well... I'm glad I didnt get one. Its not a bad wheel for the few minutes I rode it. It did fall over off the stand sitting on flat ground tho.  My suspicions were confirmed. The v11 felt like a spongy dog of a wheel that had high center of gravity and a serious gyro feel while slow turning. Accel was passable, braking was meh. I guess I would say this wheel is for leisure rides that leave you feeling disconnected with the road. I'm not saying its a bad wheel at all, but its simply not my flavor. Tbh, my ole 18xl felt more manageable and would be my choice. My opinion doesnt have anything to do with longevity or build quality of the V11, as I don't own one. I DO KNOW I can trust my 18xl, and have for a long time. I don't think the v11 would take a beating like some other wheels can. I also dont think it will be as easy to tote around as some of its hardtail competitors. If you want a spongy ride and are willing to compromise in many other areas, perhaps its the EXACT wheel for you. The wheel's owner seemed to like it. Of course it was the only wheel he had ever ridden and you'd have to have met him, to come to your own conclusions of source validity. Boing....Boing...Boing....:thumbup:

Did you try different settings? With Inmotion wheels, you can change a ton of different settings and make the wheel unique. Did you adjust the suspension and tire pressure to suit your weight?

I am asking this because last month I tried a friend's Inmotion V11 and it was completely strange to ride with it, because he had quite different settings and different air pressure in the suspension compared to my V11. The point of the story is that you can tweak the V11 so that each one feels unique.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

Did you try different settings? With Inmotion wheels, you can change a ton of different settings and make the wheel unique. Did you adjust the suspension and tire pressure to suit your weight?

I am asking this because last month I tried a friend's Inmotion V11 and it was completely strange to ride with it, because he had quite different settings and different air pressure in the suspension compared to my V11. The point of the story is that you can tweak the V11 so that each one feels unique.

No I did not. It was not my wheel. I am sure the subleties of the wheel's feel can be adjusted. I don't think what I felt and am describing, is a sublety. I highly doubt that the ride modes and rebound/dampening has much to do with center of gravity and lack of power from that of which I am used to. Tire pressure was moot, I was riding on hard and short grass. My mten and 18XL, didnt suffer handling issues on the same exact terrain.  No matter, as to each their own. I am just happy to have finally gotten a chance to ride one and it wasnt on my dime.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1