Seeing More EUCs

Lillian

I’m in Southern California and he past few years I have hardly ever seen a wheel in the wild.  Once in awhile I will spot an Ninebot E or an Airwheel.  Couple of weeks ago I was shocked to see a 16x coming the opposite direction on the bike path.  I yelled out 16x and slowed down but the younger guy had no interest in chatting.  I was riding my Nikola Plus.

• Like 1

I've seen many OneWheels and a handful of EUCs. I've also seen a lot of MiniPro's, and there's also a Segway tour group that I've talked to. 

The self balancing technology has become ubiquitous.

• Like 1

I'm seeing a bunch more. I spotted 4 in the wild last week. Funny but most have been on 16S, including a 20-something girl a block from my house, and 2 others around my work downtown.  The other a MSX passing each other near Griffith. 

I like to think that I influenced some of them 😁

• Like 3

Where I live, in the past 2-3 years, I've seen only 2 euc's in the wild. Within the last 3 months I saw a OneWheel, and a neighbor just bought a NB1E+ . She says I was the inspiration for it when she saw me ride 2 years ago.  👍. Since then, I've helped accelerate her learning and education on different euc's.  Also her adult daughter and two grandkids.  The grandson, by the way, has quickly improved, and is riding solo around the neighborhood. 

• Like 2

There is one other guy in my town that owns an EUC, but I have never actually seen him.  The only riders I have even seen first hand are the ones I have taught, three of them.  The only EUC's I've seen are the ones I own: 3 - V8, Mten3 and an old Freeman 14 (learner).  Live in Yakima, WA in the Pacific Northwest, about 2 1/2 hour drive from Seattle.

That will change when I get to the EUC games! So looking forward to it!

Edited by John Walden
added bottom line
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Coffee guy said:

Where I live, in the past 2-3 years, I've seen only 2 euc's in the wild. Within the last 3 months I saw a OneWheel, and a neighbor just bought a NB1E+ . She says I was the inspiration for it when she saw me ride 2 years ago.  👍. Since then, I've helped accelerate her learning and education on different euc's.  Also her adult daughter and two grandkids.  The grandson, by the way, has quickly improved, and is riding solo around the neighborhood. 

That's nice of you! It was a neighbor who taught me to ride my Segway i2 around 2007. He still rides with his friend and dog on the Segway - it's a sight. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

I'm seeing a bunch more. I spotted 4 in the wild last week. Funny but most have been on 16S, including a 20-something girl a block from my house, and 2 others around my work downtown.  The other a MSX passing each other near Griffith. 

I like to think that I influenced some of them 😁

I bet you were the influence to them and others. I wanted an EUC after seeing a guy effortless roll by on one. I never thought I could do that, but here we are.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  I saw my first EUC rider in the wild downtown tonight!  :w00t2:  He zipped across the road wearing a white full face helmet.  I couldn’t tell what black EUC he was riding, but it had no side lights.  Pretty cool!

You need to track that guy down so you have a riding buddy. When will we see Hunka zipping through the streets?:popcorn:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  I saw my first EUC rider in the wild downtown tonight!  :w00t2:  He zipped across the road wearing a white full face helmet.  I couldn’t tell what black EUC he was riding, but it had no side lights.  Pretty cool!

Sure it wasn't your reflection on a mirrored window office 🏢building or shopping window🛒? 😁

Maybe we get a video of tag team Hunka now :popcorn: Taking on the challenge of ever pavement and curb 😉

• Like 2