New GotWay Nikola 17''

EcoDrift

1 minute ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Sorry - if question is already answered in this thread:

Are there any other differences than the battery between Nikola 1600 Wh and 2100 Wh - both 84 V.

How many batteries are used? Type? Is it possible to upgrade (by a dealer) on a later step?

Currently price difference is a bit high between these 2 models!

As far as I know, just more batteries. You're paying a premium for a very high capacity wheel.

I don't know for sure, but this version of the 84v wheel probably has the control board located in the bottom of the wheel (like the 100v version) and the extra batteries are located in the huge cavity underneath the handle.

I doubt any dealer would upgrade your model, but in theory, if you can purchase the new battery you could do the re-layout of the wheel yourself. Buying batteries minus the wheel is always the most expensive route.

• Upvote 2

New climbing and load test for the poor Nikola:

From the description:

With the new motherboard in place it was time for another Nikola climbing and load challenge.

The new board should be at least as good as the old board, but who knows how this particular board holds up?

The current was monitored during the ride using the Wheellog app, with an alarm going off at 90A (as reported by the wheel).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, US69 said:

Hmmh,

As the board on a 2100wh is vertical like on the 100V 1845wh, you can NOT just buy a battery for the 1600wh and „rebuild“ it.

when the board position is different....you need another firmware, as the vertical firmware is another than the horizontal!

This problem is known from the very old GW MCM2 340wh ...when upgraded to 680wh. Board positon change = change of firmware!

The  gyro must have a firmware that fits to its general position.

This is not something which can be done by recalibration!

Just saying!

Fantastic! Thanks @US69. I totally forgot that small detail :facepalm:

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 12:14 PM, Marty Backe said:

As far as I know, just more batteries. You're paying a premium for a very high capacity wheel.

I don't know for sure, but this version of the 84v wheel probably has the control board located in the bottom of the wheel (like the 100v version) and the extra batteries are located in the huge cavity underneath the handle.

I doubt any dealer would upgrade your model, but in theory, if you can purchase the new battery you could do the re-layout of the wheel yourself. Buying batteries minus the wheel is always the most expensive route.

batteries are here, board in same place

Edited by Rywokast

8 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

batteries are here, board in same place

Monokoleso-Gotway-Nikola-razbiraem-7.jpg

That really doesn't seem big enough. The 2100wh version requires 500wh of additional batteries from what you see above. They couldn't possibly fit in that small cavity.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

That really doesn't seem big enough. The 2100wh version requires 500wh of additional batteries from what you see above. They couldn't possibly fit in that small cavity.

either side,, seen pictures on fb.. I don't know whether it fits within those borders shown in this pic or if the 2100 is different..saw pics through the shell

10 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

either side,, seen pictures on fb.. I don't know whether it fits within those borders shown in this pic or if the 2100 is different..saw pics through the shell

The other side has the speakers.

Nope, I don't buy it. There's no way batteries go there. You'd have to show me a picture.

However, I have seen pictures of the 100-volt version with batteries up top.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:40 PM, Marty Backe said:

The other side has the speakers.

Nope, I don't buy it. There's no way batteries go there. You'd have to show me a picture.

However, I have seen pictures of the 100-volt version with batteries up top.

Edited by Rywokast

@Dave U can't get his 2100Wh Nikola and open it fast enough! I want to know what is going on:pooping:

• Will the 84V Nikola always be with white stripes and the board on top? Or will it become a "Plus" in all-black and have the board on the side, like the 100V?
  • How exactly is the battery configuration of the 2100Wh, and where exactly are the battery packs?
  • I don't understand why they do this strange thing with two small batteries on the sides (if that picture is still up to date), instead of putting the board on the side and just putting one standard Tesla battery in the now free top space. Weight balance? Is the 2100Wh some strange battery config? WHY?
  • What happened to Jason? MIA approaching two weeks now (at least here). He might be able to answer a lot of these questions. He must be in a week month of hell, hope he is fine.
  • Why does this wheel stuff have to be like Kremlinology, where all you can do is guess based on uncertain info? Do they not want to make it easy for people to know about and buy their wheels?
Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Dave U can't get his 2100Wh Nikola and open it fast enough! I want to know what is going on:pooping:

• Will the 84V Nikola always be with white stripes and the board on top? Or will it become a "Plus" in all-black and have the board on the side, like the 100V?
  • How exactly is the battery configuration of the 2100Wh, and where exactly are the battery packs?
  • I don't understand why they do this strange thing with two small batteries on the sides (if that picture is still up to date), instead of putting the board on the side and just putting one standard Tesla battery in the now free top space. Weight balance? Is the 2100Wh some strange battery config? WHY?
  • What happened to Jason? MIA approaching two weeks now (at least here). He might be able to answer a lot of these questions. He must be in a week month of hell, hope he is fine.
  • Why does this wheel stuff have to be like Kremlinology, where all you can do is guess based on uncertain info? Do they not want to make it easy for people to know about and buy their wheels?

my 2100 nikola will apparently be here next week :D who the hell knows lol they may have changed it by then idk whats going on but i cant wait to see.. i think its better to have the board up top and batteries low on the side(s?) for better handling

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

my 2100 nikola will apparently be here next week :D who the hell knows lol they may have changed it by then idk whats going on but i cant wait to see.. i think its better to have the board up top and batteries low on the side(s?) for better handling

How much do you want to bet that the batteries will be up top?

BTW, in a darkened room or at night, with the aid of a strong flashlight you can see all the components inside of the Nikola. So if you don't want to open it, you can still tell us the configuration.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

How much do you want to bet that the batteries will be up top?

BTW, in a darkened room or at night, with the aid of a strong flashlight you can see all the components inside of the Nikola. So if you don't want to open it, you can still tell us the configuration.

yea ive seen newer pics of the 100V versions with them up top, every pic ive seen besides the one i posted was up top, but that was the only 2100 wh one that ive seen... i wouldnt be surprised but im really hoping they are not up top.. yea ill be checking it out and posting pics for sure

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

yea ive seen newer pics of the 100V versions with them up top, every pic ive seen besides the one i posted was up top, but that was the only 2100 wh one that ive seen... i wouldnt be surprised but im really hoping they are not up top.. yea ill be checking it out and posting pics for sure

I think batteries on the rear sides would throw off the balance more than a battery up top in the middle of the wheel. In the latter configuration, perfect symmetry would be maintained.

And 500wh battery relative to the 2100wh total is still a small amount. So I anticipate the very nice balance of the current Nikola to be maintained.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think batteries on the rear sides would throw off the balance more than a battery up top in the middle of the wheel. In the latter configuration, perfect symmetry would be maintained.

And 500wh battery relative to the 2100wh total is still a small amount. So I anticipate the very nice balance of the current Nikola to be maintained.

it is not much weight so hopefully.. though doesnt the monster have the huge batteries in the back for 2400 wh? my ACM2 1600 was very back heavy also but i think the batteries were just slightly more to the back

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nils said:

New climbing and load test for the poor Nikola:

From the description:

With the new motherboard in place it was time for another Nikola climbing and load challenge.

The new board should be at least as good as the old board, but who knows how this particular board holds up?

The current was monitored during the ride using the Wheellog app, with an alarm going off at 90A (as reported by the wheel).

Nice. "Don't try this at home" :lol:

I could never hear your ampere alarm (maybe too much wind noise?). But great that it works. At the end of that climb, when you stopped, did you happen to notice what the temperature was?

Those are nice trails. Are they logging roads? Do you have to drive very far to get there?

47 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

Really enjoyed my ride today without the pads, was my longest ride.

Without the pads- I'm able to maneuver much tighter and feel more connected to the device. Think she's starting to respect me :)

What safety gear are you wearing? Because right after the "This is hard..." phase comes the "I can ride!" success phase but you really aren't ready for unexpected stuff yet (like having to brake suddenly) so it's a dangerous time. I learnt that first hand and have a tiny scar on my shin to prove it (you don't need shin protection though).

The trick (in general) is to wear gear before having a crash that convinces you you should have worn (more) gear. I've been quite lucky with my first crash (the rubbed through winter gloves convinced me I really needed wrist guards but my hands were fine because it happened to be winter) and less lucky with my second crash (convinced me to wear knee guards, but that knee scar won't go away from that) and I figured I should wear a full face helmet before regretting not wearing one. Trying to convince myself of elbow guards currently... one day I'll get some... eventually;)

47 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

Think we'll be driving these devices with our minds soon!

That wouldn't work. The EUC must follow a weight shift. No weight shift, it can do nothing productive except stand still.

But essentially riding a EUC feels like mind control already. Try a lighter EUC that reacts more directly when you can, I'd be really interested what you think about it. What ride mode are you using?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What safety gear are you wearing? Because right after the "This is hard..." phase comes the "I can ride!" success phase but you really aren't ready for unexpected stuff yet (like having to brake suddenly) so it's a dangerous time. I learnt that first hand and have a tiny scar on my shin to prove it (you don't need shin protection though).

I've wrist guards and skater helmet. Just riding around in tennis court and empty parking lots. Not going to do anything crazy till I can afford some gear, a full face helmet is something I'd prefer not to wear as I think it would take away a lot of the enjoyment, but if that's what you pros are recommending may have to get one.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The trick (in general) is to wear Trying to convince myself of elbow guards currently... one day I'll get some... eventually;)

Yeah, if you would have seen @fryman fall and shatter his elbow then you’d choose to wear them all the time.  It’s the hard lessons in life that are remembered, strengthens our resolve, and lengthens our memories. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

i cant personally understand how anyone can stand the restriction of a full face helmet, i cant wear them even on a dirtbike or motorbike absolutely hate them lol, but i would encourage them if you can put up with it.. i ride for the fun and freedom at the risk of my own safety.. it may not be smart but its what i choose as i wouldnt bother to if i had to fully gear up every time, i would just get a car then lol

I love my full face helmet. They all don't have superb peripheral vision, but mine does. The Sun shade makes everything look great and keeps the wind (and bugs) out of my face. And the helmet mounted mirror keeps me fully aware of my surroundings.

What are the restrictions that affect you?

• Like 1