New GotWay Nikola 17''

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice. "Don't try this at home" :lol:

I could never hear your ampere alarm (maybe too much wind noise?). But great that it works. At the end of that climb, when you stopped, did you happen to notice what the temperature was?

Those are nice trails. Are they logging roads? Do you have to drive very far to get there?

I was using my new full face helmet with BT speakers for the ride, so the warnings were not audible in the video. In hindsight, using the wheel's speakers would have been better for viewers ;)

No, I'm a bit further up north now, there are ordinary forest roads and logging roads connected everywhere. Just took off from the cabin.

Nothing much happened with the temperature at all during the ride. Here are some ride stats for you (graphs appear to be smoothed for what it's worth)

https://euc.world/tour/576876903186336

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nils said:

I was using my new full face helmet with BT speakers for the ride, so the warnings were not audible in the video. In hindsight, using the wheel's speakers would have been better for viewers ;)

No, I'm a bit further up north now, there are ordinary forest roads and logging roads connected everywhere. Just took off from the cabin.

Nothing much happened with the temperature at all during the ride. Here are some ride stats for you (graphs appear to be smoothed for what it's worth)

https://euc.world/tour/576876903186336

it still baffles me that no euc has incorporated the ability to push alarms through the main speakers or external speakers/headphones... and im not talking about the supremely annoying PLEASE DECELERATE!!!! that everyone turns off because its so annoying, why cant they pause the music and push the beep warnings through to the speakers?? actually correct me if im wrong but i heard that the inmotion v10 does do this, in the original speedyfeet review? i could be imagining this but anyways all eucs should do this as you rarely can hear the beeper with the wind noise lol

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

it still baffles me that no euc has incorporated the ability to push alarms through the main speakers or external speakers/headphones... and im not talking about the supremely annoying PLEASE DECELERATE!!!! that everyone turns off because its so annoying, why cant they pause the music and push the beep warnings through to the speakers?? actually correct me if im wrong but i heard that the inmotion v10 does do this, in the original speedyfeet review? i could be imagining this but anyways all eucs should do this as you rarely can hear the beeper with the wind noise lol

Yes, agreed. Haven't thought much on how the beeps are handled on the V10F, but they are loud so it's either true that they're using the main speaker or their other speaker is much louder. So that's great, of only it wouldn't beep all the time.. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Nils said:

Yes, agreed. Haven't thought much on how the beeps are handled on the V10F, but they are loud so it's either true that they're using the main speaker or their other speaker is much louder. So that's great, of only it wouldn't beep all the time.. :ph34r:

yea i just seem to recall ian commenting on how insanely loud it was.. might have been when he was on low battery going through town? hahaha no doubt the option to disable warnings and maybe just vibrate your phone or something instead would be a nice addition as well, because if youre wearing headphones all youre gonna do is annoy the neighbours xD

14 hours ago, Rywokast said:

batteries are here, board in same place

Thats -by far- not big enough! The 500 wh pack that is added is 2/3 the size of the 800wh pack. (Actually it is the pack used in the Tesla's)

Thats why the board on this 2100wh Version( and the 100V 1845wh Version with 3 x 615wh) goes to the side...and the  extra 500wh (615wh on 100V)pack goes on top.

Edited by US69
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Wow man. Good for you I guess. I also use my wheel as my main/only transport. And I’m kitted out almost always. Unless I’m going like less than a mile.   I don’t know about where you are from but in Seattle people can’t fucking drive.  I’ve been hit twice in six months     I guess if you ride slowly and on the side walk it wouldn’t be a big deal.. but you might as well walk..   I always have full face helmet.. to stay pretty.  Lol.  And a armored jacket gloves wrist guards and knee\shin guards.   I get more people tell me how glad they are I’m smart enough to wear protection... never have I felt silly or encumbered by my gear.  It’s just smart.   If I fall at 35 without gear.. Jesus Christ. I don’t even wanna think about it.   But with all my gear. I know I would be more okay then not.   So I will continue to gear up ..  it doesn’t make you cool to not wear protection ! 

cool is what I imagine a teenager thinks he is when he gets new shoes in high school,, not something that I strive for in my every day adult life lol.. I have have never been nor will I ever consider myself cool lol,, and generally that's not what comes to mind when most people think of PEVs :p I used to ride a bicycle most of the time and I've never met anyone who wears gear on a bicycle not even while cycling next to cars every day, some people wear a dinky bike helmet but that's about it, I got into EUCs initially just because I was curious but now because its far more convenient than anything else.. like I already said I laud and encourage safety gear but it's just not something I'm interested in personally which is my choice.. believe me I've had road rash before and it's not fun but nothing will ever get me to gear up while riding anything but a motorcycle for a long trip

Edited by Rywokast

3 minutes ago, US69 said:

Thats not big enough! The 500 wh pack that is added is 2/3 the size of the 800wh pack. (Actually it is the pack used in the Tesla's)

Thats why the board on this Version goes to the side...and the  extra 500wh pack goes on top.

just indicating what I saw in the picture xD that sure looks to me like a battery maybe 250 on each side and they shuffled stuff around, I have no clue until I get mine and I only saw a pic of the one side but it certainly looks like a battery

8 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

just indicating what I saw in the picture xD that sure looks to me like a battery maybe 250 on each side and they shuffled stuff around, I have no clue until I get mine and I only saw a pic of the one side but it certainly looks like a battery

What i guess what was  seen in the Picture Looks was the black pastic cover from the Speaker box.....

And i know the packs GW uses...they dont have 250/260wh 84Volt packs...(that would add a 4th BMS!) just 510wh from Tesla and 800wh MSX/ACM etc for the 84Volt and 615wh for the 100Volt. That producing of new or custom size battery packs is the biggest cost factor in producing a unicycle...and btw the reason why there is no 1845wh 100V MSX official made by GW. 3 x 615wh just dont fit... Cause they only use their 3 Standard pack size.

But when you get yours...we will see…(but it is an official Version, ,or? no "Special mod"?)

Edited by US69
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, US69 said:

What i guess what was  seen in the Picture Looks was the black pastic cover from the Speaker box.....

And i know the packs GW uses...they dont have 250/260wh 84Volt packs...(that would add a 4th BMS!) just 510wh from Tesla and 800wh MSX/ACM etc for the 84Volt and 615wh for the 100Volt. That producing of new or custom size battery packs is the biggest cost factor in producing a unicycle...and btw the reason why there is no 1845wh 100V MSX official made by GW. 3 x 615wh just dont fit... Cause they only use their 3 Standard pack size.

But when you get yours...we will see…(but it is an official Version, ,or? no "Special mod"?)

it probably just is the speaker lol I didn't even see that they added a cover I was going off the eco drift pics of the disassembly in which there is none.. I thought maybe they just moved the speaker and added a couple small batteries, is it an official version? not even sure of that haha.. I'll be posting pics next week it does make more sense logically for them to have just put the battery up top

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I hope you at least wear wrist guards. They only take 30-seconds max to put on. If I wear nothing else (going to the store, etc.), I always wear wrist guards.

EUC failures present a unique opportunity for bodily damage. Any comparison to bicyclists is apples-to-oranges and is meaningless in my opinion.

I have them, but I will admit I have only ever worn them once.. I know it's stupid lol I should be wearing them all the time, yes an EUC is unique you're right.. but I don't think it's completely meaningless I could easily crash doing 35 on a bicycle near traffic I know the actual style of the crash would be different but the road rash and broken arm would be quite similar. I'm not trying to justify it and I know it's idiotic that's why I encourage full safety gear

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I would encourage you to think more about the wrist guards. So easy to wear and they don't look goofy, etc.

It probably took over a year before I started upping my safety game. What changed? Injuries. The more injuries you have the more gear you'll start wearing :)

yup, I know,, I subscribe to you on YouTube ;-)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Slashebeest said:

I agree.

My first faceplant was without any protection at 30pkh.

Road rash everywhere and a small fracture in my elbow + sprained wrist.

A week later I had my second crash, this time I had full protection.

Both my wrist protectors took a big hit, but even with my sprained wrist, I had no extra injuries.

pretty sure that if I didn't had my protection, I wouldn't be riding my euc for a long time.

OT

This topic doesn't make it easier to decide between a nikola or 16x.

But I think, I'm going for the nikola because I want a gotway instead of a second kingsong.

Good choice. The thing is, Nikola's have been shipping for a long time. When will the 16X be available? For many it'll be the end of summer, if then.

Also can't hurt that the Nikola is the best riding wheel yet made, IMHO.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@US69 Are you guessing about the 2100Wh, or are you absolutely sure and have a source?

Sure...

The 1845wh 100Volt has the board on top.

as the 500/510wh pack of a 84volt is —nearly—same size as the 100V 615wh packs...it cant fit without packing it on top.

Also i have heard it from a reliable source..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slashebeest said:

But I think, I'm going for the nikola because I want a gotway instead of a second kingsong. 

The choice is yours, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Nikola. First generation problems should now have been dealt with, and oh my, it's such a good wheel.  I'm myself now completing a first round of of KS, Inmotion and Gotway, and who knows what the future might bring.. 😉

• Like 3