New GotWay Nikola 17''

2 minutes ago, Nils said:

The choice is yours, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Nikola. First generation problems should now have been dealt with, and oh my, it's such a good wheel.  I'm myself now completing a first round of of KS, Inmotion and Gotway, and who knows what the future might bring.. 😉

variety is the spice of life ^_^b every manufacturer brings something unique to the table

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

How do you guys feel about locking up Nikola at a bike rack for quick grocery shopping session? 
I feel pretty weird bringing it inside and wheeling it around tbh. Seems like locking it thru handle would be enough?

I wouldn't feel comfortable with it out of my sight, and the only time I've locked it up was with my wife's scooter outside a restaurant with us watching them.   .   It trolleys so well that I usually carry a hand basket and have no issues.   If you need more than a hand basket you should probably bring a car.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

How do you guys feel about locking up Nikola at a bike rack for quick grocery shopping session? 
I feel pretty weird bringing it inside and wheeling it around tbh. Seems like locking it thru handle would be enough?

ive never once not taken an euc in the store with me, thats why i have smaller ones for errand running and shopping.. its not that theres an issue locking it up it would be just as secure as locking up a bike, i would just be worried about idiots trying to play with it pressing buttons and stuff and knocking it over lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

ive never once not taken an euc in the store with me, thats why i have smaller ones for errand running and shopping.. its not that theres an issue locking it up it would be just as secure as locking up a bike, i would just be worried about idiots trying to play with it pressing buttons and stuff and knocking it over lol

would be nice if it had same security features a keycode or thumb sensor...but probably not worth the extra 1k it would cost

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zenleetech said:

Just take it with you, the risk isn't worth it..

9 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

would be nice if it had same security features a keycode or thumb sensor...but probably not worth the extra 1k it would cost

that would be cool.. kingsong has a sort of lock where you can lock the wheel with the app so somebody cant come along and turn it on

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wheelr said:

Just take it with you, the risk isn't worth it..

and henrik (tech drone media) has his almost brand new 18L stolen... it wasnt locked up mind you lol, but we all know how easy bike locks are to cut.. though i cant see it happening outside of a grocery store

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zenleetech said:

I grocery shop all the time with my wheels. I don't feel strange at all. I would probably feel strange locking up the wheel :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

That would cost a few dollars, not $1k!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I grocery shop all the time with my wheels. I don't feel strange at all. I would probably feel strange locking up the wheel :)

i feel weird if i go into a store without a wheel now lmao, kind of like forgetting your wallet its just so normal for me now.. but to answer the question yes through the handle is as secure as it can get.. cant do it on a ninebot one, and wouldnt do it on a kingsong.. but any gotway or inmotion wheel you would literally need to take a sledge hammer and smash it apart to get it off the handle lmao

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

I frequently ride my 18XL (previously MSuper V2 and IPS 191 Lhotz) for grocery shopping. I always take the EUC with me into the store, but instead of trolleying it in the store, I place it in the shopping cart. https://youtu.be/gBE2GC4UZWk?t=1001

I've done that a few times with my V8, including earlier today in fact. I'm not sure I'll like doing it with my 50-pound 16x after that arrives. 

15 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

.... When he gets a little older, I will consider putting him on a safe, small wheel fully bubble wrapped! :lol:

He is probably not going to like that, and you'll likely get a call from the police or family services.