New GotWay Nikola 17''

4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

yea of course you can see it in a lot of videos, but it would require a lot more hand strength than something you can wrap your whole hand around like a kingsong handle.. you can test it on any euc just pick up your ks with your fingers only, keep your fingers flat dont wrap them around the handle at all perfectly flat and thats what it would be like lifting the nikola, its definitely harder lol just depends on your personal strength.. a few steps is nothing but if you needed to go up five flights of stairs twice daily i might rethink it haha

The fingers shouldn't be completely flat though, they will curve up into the recess in the middle of the handle containing the lift sensor. Still not as easy as an ordinary handle, but it's actually not that bad for me (I have big hands though).

3 hours ago, Nils said:

The fingers shouldn't be completely flat though, they will curve up into the recess in the middle of the handle containing the lift sensor. Still not as easy as an ordinary handle, but it's actually not that bad for me (I have big hands though).

how much does it recess? looked pretty flat it pics does the button actually depress any?

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

how much does it recess? looked pretty flat it pics does the button actually depress any?

Damn you Rywokast, you made me leave me chair and go lift my wheel! And I have a beer open!! *mutters* some people.. 

Anyway, there's a definitive ridge to the handle, so you'll find some purchase there. What I noted now though when I lift it is that with the resulting angle it will for me hang off my hand, so I pretty much don't need to use any fingers at all, but can mostly let it dangle..

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nils said:

Damn you Rywokast, you made me leave me chair and go lift my wheel! And I have a beer open!! *mutters* some people.. 

Anyway, there's a definitive ridge to the handle, so you'll find some purchase there. What I noted now though when I lift it is that with the resulting angle it will for me hang off my hand, so I pretty much don't need to use any fingers at all, but can mostly let it dangle..

hahaha sorry about that :p that's good.. because I have to lift mine up a lot of stairs lmao,, it is easy with the 18XL so the nikila shouldn't be too bad

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

What do you guys think of this? Could I travel around the world on my EUC using Space A flights?

Would it be safe to bring my EUC on a flight? My disability is not related to mobility, so I'm not sure
if they would allow it or give me hard time. JAPAN would be lit!!!

Screenshot_20190724-132507_YouTube.jpg

Edited by zenleetech

40 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

What do you guys think of this? Could I travel around the world on my EUC using Space A flights?

Would it be safe to bring my EUC on a flight? My disability is not related to mobility, so I'm not sure
if they would allow it or give me hard time. JAPAN would be lit!!!

Screenshot_20190724-132507_YouTube.jpg

You didn't mention your device has 1600Wh Lithium-Ion Battery pack.  I think you need to mention that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zenleetech said:

Asking them now, thanks:)

thats about 100x too large to take on a flight lol

Gotway batteries have always been flawless. I can't remember a single reported problem or issue with them.

So it would be safe. As safe as transporting properly packaged explosives. Nothing wrong with it in general, you don't need to have a bad conscience or anything. But you should definitely inform the people so they can decide what they think is right. They are responsible for the plane after all.

On normal passenger flights, such batteries would not be allowed according to international IATA rules. No ADA or anything will change that. But the military has their own rules so maybe they'll allow bigger batteries. Keep us informed:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zenleetech said:

if they did allow it - would it be safe? or is this a potential note 9 explosion x 1000

its safe, just as safe as any lithium battery... but any battery has the potential to go up in flames, its like 1 in 100,000,000 chance but anything bigger than a laptop battery you wont be able to take on and you definitely cannot have it in checked luggage.. any passenger airline will never allow it in a million years youd have to have it shipped.. 100 wh is the max, cant be fully charged and has to be carry on.. but even if it was less than 100 wh i dont believe they would allow you to take any PEV on a plane unless you proved the batteries were removed thanks to hoverboards lol.. btw i have no idea what that picture you posted is, air force base passenger terminal? idk private airlines could have different rules but if you were hoping to hop on a regular passenger flight with it forget it

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, zenleetech said:

Asking them now, thanks:)

It could depend on the base you fly from, but in general, I think the USAF is very capable of handling unusual payloads, and far easier to deal with than commercial aviation regulations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

@Rywokast It's a military flight from an Air Force Base. Space-A is open to disabled veterans such as myself, meaning if they 
have space on a specific flight I could jump on.

aaah okay, literally had no clue what that was

6 hours ago, Jia Liu said:

4. The iOS Gotway app connects to the wheel without any issue, all functions and stats seem to work, including setting alarms, riding mode, LED mode and calibration.

That's weird.  On my Gotway Nikola 84v the iOS app Gotway app always crashes when I try to set the riding mode.  

???