New GotWay Nikola 17''

1 minute ago, zenleetech said:

so is this supposed to come with manual, i have no idea what to do now!

Long press the silver button to turn on.  Watching your live stream.

5 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

You better pad that Nikola up good before trying to ride it.  You’re gong to scratch it up good trying to learn if not.

go to YouTube and check out some EUC learning videos.  @Kuji Rolls just put out a good one.

Edited by Sketch

8 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

EWheels usually provides an e-mail with some detail information about your wheel, such as the app to use, etc. And there is a manual in the box.

Edited by Marty Backe

1 hour ago, zenleetech said:

Wow bud.    Be careful.  And really take people’s advice and wrap the crap out of your beautiful nikola you’re going to drop it a lot trying to learn.  Good wrist protection is the most important safety gear imho enjoy owning the most comfortable wheel available 

• Like 1

@zenleetech That was cool, thanks! I'm going to watch the start, only saw the last bit.

Pad up the wheel everywhere it might hit. Including the top sides, undersides of pedals, and even the undersides of the pedal hangers. And wear at least wrist guards while riding. Two things you might otherwise regret not doing:)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

thanks! need some more tape!

Also got a email from ewheels informing that they will be sending out new boards with instructions on how to install.

Should I just burn this one up b4 putting in the new one?

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

Keep it as a spare!!! :shock2:

Edited by Kens

Also got a email from ewheels informing that they will be sending out new boards with instructions on how to install.

Why is he sending out wheels with boards that need replacement??? Did his evil clone take over or something? This is a $2000 wheel and he just let's the customers do the repair?

Should I just burn this one up b4 putting in the new one?

Not sure what is best now. Wait or hope fot the best...

You could have a look at the board. Maybe you already got a new one (big mosfets) and that was just a generic email?

• Like 1

although it may be a generic email i would highly advise taking off the left side panel to make sure.. just take a pic of the board and post it here.. if you were to burn that board as you say, and it were to blow a mos you would do a faceplant, and the wheel would immediately plummet into the ground damaging your new wheel

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

although it may be a generic email i would highly advise taking off the left side panel to make sure.. just take a pic of the board and post it here.. if you were to burn that board as you say, and it were to blow a mos you would do a faceplant, and the wheel would immediately plummet into the ground damaging your new wheel

I already provided information on how to check, and I think with a strong flashlight he can look for the presence of a particular connector via the translucent shell.

• Like 1

I just got this notification today so I’m assuming I’ll be receiving my new board . .. not sure when I’ll be putting it in though.. this is my most recent DarknessBot snapshot. With my wheel running this good I would be scared my new one wouldn’t work or something . 

FE177D27-BB87-45B4-94F5-24E44554EFAC.png

8B91DE2C-988E-4049-84CA-1A38BD2F8B2B.png

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I already provided information on how to check, and I think with a strong flashlight he can look for the presence of a particular connector via the translucent shell.

oh thats a good idea, hopefully it will work,, much better than having to take the panel off

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

And probably send him to the emergency room.

• Like 1

anyone have manual or guide for the nikola? 

someone said the tire pressure could be seen from the outside of nikola, but I have it all taped up so,

probably can't see it. where would it be located at?

also not quite sure how to fill up the tire atm.

Edited by zenleetech

3 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

someone said the tire pressure could be seen from the outside of nikola, but I have it all taped up so,

The tire pressure is listed on the side of the tire. All tires list the nominal pressure range.

The manual didn't come in the box? You sure? It includes the QC info which has the manufacture date. It's good to have - worth mentioning to EWheels if they didn't put it back in the box for you.

8 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

there is no such thing as a true manual for 99% of all EUCs.. (think ninebot and inmotion sometimes have decent ones) best you can hope for is some three page thing in chinese with some basic specs and safety warnings.. what are you trying to figure out? this should cover most questions, anything else ask here. use a pressure gauge like that or preferably a pump with one so you know as youre pumping lol.. the recommended is on the side of the tire

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The tire pressure is listed on the side of the tire. All tires list the nominal pressure range.

The manual didn't come in the box? You sure? It includes the QC info which has the manufacture date. It's good to have - worth mentioning to EWheels if they didn't put it back in the box for you.

doesnt that info usually come on the tag? or is that just kingsong, cant remember lol

1 minute ago, zenleetech said:

@Rywokast I did get a lil pamphlet, it's all in Chinese, must be the manual.  Inside the manual is a barcode with my  motorcode etc.

yup.. thats what passes as a manual in the euc world.. the rest is up to us to figure out usually lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

Not sure how to fill up the tire, going to go thru @Marty Backe 's videos and see if I can find out how. I'm such a noob.

spin the tire around youll see the valve, it can be hard to spot

this will usually make life easier https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Adaptor-Extender-Inflation-Motorcycle/dp/B07GT4WNG9/ref=sr_1_73?keywords=valve+extender&qid=1562808860&s=gateway&sr=8-73

Edited by Rywokast