New GotWay Nikola 17''

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Put an ad in the Sales section of the Forum. Also, there will be people at the Las Vegas ride that may be interested if the price is right. Unfortunately used EUCs probably lose more value than cars.

You also might want to sleep on it for awhile. Don't let your reptilian brain take over ;) More people have died on scooters and ebikes that EUCs. Most of us are not laying around in body casts.

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You tried and didn't enjoy it. Nothing wrong with it. Sell it (will probably be easy) and get a nice scooter or ebike.

I enjoy riding it, if I was out in the country with lots of open roads, would be more inclined to keep it. 

Cars here seem so interested in me that they almost swerve into me. A guy today stopped in awkward spot to watch me, and it put me in a weird position as a new rider, had to dismount and walk onto sidewalk. 

Would guess that more people have died on scooters and ebikes, because there's more of them out there and I'm willing to bet there are more injuries on the euc than the others. 
Definitely going to sleep on it, really appreciate this community and wishing you guys all good vibes and safe rides.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Put an ad in the Sales section of the Forum. Also, there will be people at the Las Vegas ride that may be interested if the price is right. Unfortunately used EUCs probably lose more value than cars.

You also might want to sleep on it for awhile. Don't let your reptilian brain take over ;) More people have died on scooters and ebikes that EUCs. Most of us are not laying around in body casts.

true, i have never felt more calm and at peace then when riding EUC.. sometimes its so lulling i could have no problems falling asleep haha, but it can also be very exciting.. scooters and bikes are lame, no skill = no fun xD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like all these new electric devices. E-Bikes, scooters, EUCs, E-Skateboards,One Wheel...all are great fun.

When I was a new EUC rider, I only rode in empty parking lots for weeks, then only when and where cars were not. I think riding with or near traffic is expert level, and should be done only after months of learning and riding on empty streets.

The Nikola is not a starter wheel; the weight, power, price, shell design and electrical problems are all characteristics of an expert wheel for someone with expert skill and knowledge of these devices.

I started with a Ninebot One E+, $600 on eBay brand new. It's cheap, safe, light, maneuverable, durable, and will not let you go break neck speed before your ready. Its side-walk friendly, backyard party toy friendly and 7-eleven friendly too. It makes for a good learner and hand-me-down to other learners. Whether your learning to drive, ride a motorcycle, or learning an EUC, beginners should never start with an expensive, high-end device!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zenleetech said:

Definitely going to sleep on it

I just ordered a Nikola 84V / 2100Wh wheel while you've been sleeping, , don't give up! it will eventually click in and you'll have great times with your wheel. I was struggling  with my first wheel at first  (I'll make a left but it wanted to go to the right) but once i got the hang of it (clicked in), it is all about play time now!

25 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I think riding with or near traffic is expert level, and should be done only after months of learning and riding on empty streets.

You're a funny guy. :P

Edited by atdlzpae

4 minutes ago, Dave U said:

I just ordered a Nikola 84V / 2100Wh wheel while you've been sleeping, , don't give up! it will eventually click in and you'll have great times with your wheel. I was struggling  with my first wheel at first  (I'll make a left but it wanted to go to the right) but once i got the hang of it (clicked in), it is all about play time now!

I'm down to about 80% selling it lol, you guys are awesome. I think in the back of my mind is this idea that if something fails on ebike or scooter - I'll be ok. With an EUC,

you're probably not going to be ok. 

today I picked it up and I guess the button to disengage wheel didn't work or I didn't press it hard enough, when I lifted it the wheel spun like crazy

and when i set it down it flung up rocks almost hitting a car.

Edited by zenleetech
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

today I picked it up and guess the button to disengage wheel didn't work or I didn't press it hard enough, when I lifted it the wheel spun like crazy

When this happens, just hold the wheel off the ground and in seconds the wheel will stop rotating on its own.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

I'm down to about 80% selling it lol, you guys are awesome. I think in the back of my mind is this idea that if something fails on ebike or scooter - I'll be ok. With an EUC,

today I picked it up and I guess the button to disengage wheel didn't work or I didn't press it hard enough, when I lifted it the wheel spun like crazy

if you pick it up and it spins, unless you catch it immediately, just let it spin out lol... otherwise thats how you get a permanent black streak in your carpet lmao.. you are correct though there will ALWAYS be an inherent danger in riding EUCs that isnt found on anything else, and that is there is no failsafe.... a scooter or bike who cares youre on two wheels just keep going, an EUC is faceplant always... but just know that unless you are doing something very stupid 99% of the time an EUC is just as safe as anything else.. but the sheer fun of it, and the unmatched versatility is what makes it 100% worth it :)

edit: it works on my inmotion, but idk about the nikola... if the wheel is spinning when you pick it up, can you then hit the button to stop the wheel after its already started spinning?

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm beginning to think we should revoke Moderator status from this Meep dude

What became of the 3 strikes you're out? :efefae4566: Did i miss the first 2? :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zenleetech said:

I think in the back of my mind is this idea that if something fails on ebike or scooter - I'll be ok. With an EUC,

That's definitely true.

A EUC needs your constant undivided attention where you're going. It is not forgiving in that respect. So if you're distracted or focusing on something else...

The same applies to a scooter with its small wheels which can get stuck or sidetracked by small obstacles. Maybe it's even worse overall than the EUC - hardware failure is not the consideration, just not seeing or being able to see an obstacle, and EUCs at least have much bigger tires.

The ebike is going to be a lot more robust in that respect.

@Rywokast I think the biggest problem on bigger wheels might actually be the slow acceleration. A nimble and zippy wheel is just going to feel much nicer to learn on. The Nikola, combined with its high weight, is maybe too sluggish to quickly feel safe on.

@Marty Backe In totally unrelated news, I just started my own ebike shop under ebikesarebetterthaneucs.com!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave U said:

What became of the 3 strikes you're out? :efefae4566: Did i miss the first 2? :laughbounce2:

The first strike is that he hasn't bought a new EUC in over a year and the second strike is that has access to some of the most picturesque riding locations but hasn't bought a new wheel yet ;) 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That's definitely true.

A EUC needs your constant undivided attention where you're going. It is not forgiving in that respect. So if you're distracted or focusing on something else...

The same applies to a scooter with its small wheels which can get stuck or sidetracked by small obstacles. Maybe it's even worse overall than the EUC - hardware failure is not the consideration, just not seeing or being able to see an obstacle, and EUCs at least have much bigger tires.

The ebike is going to be a lot more robust in that respect.

@Rywokast I think the biggest problem on bigger wheels might actually be the slow acceleration. A nimble and zippy wheel is just going to feel much nicer to learn on. The Nikola, combined with its high weight, is maybe too sluggish to quickly feel safe on.

@Marty Backe In totally unrelated news, I just started my own ebike shop under ebikesarebetterthaneucs.com!

I am not going to click that link - I'll probably get Rick-Rolled

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

The first strike is that he hasn't bought a new EUC in over a year

Yup I 100% agree with you on this one :facepalm: 

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

the second strike is that has access to some of the most picturesque riding locations but hasn't bought a new wheel yet ;) 

Or posted photos at the least! for our enjoyment:popcorn:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The first strike is that he hasn't bought a new EUC in over a year and the second strike is that has access to some of the most picturesque riding locations but hasn't bought a new wheel yet ;) 

If I weren't on the wrong continent (once again... US always gets such nice used wheel sales), I'd have scammed @zenleetech out of his nearly brand-new Nikola already. "What, the glue-board, first-batch Nikola and I'd still have to put in the new board? That's worth at most $500. I'm going to give you $600 because I'm nice but that's a stretch already.";) [DON'T BELIEVE THAT ZENLEE] (Unfortunately I might also be too nice for that.)

Alas the tyranny of geography...

Edited by meepmeepmayer
word
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If I weren't on the wrong continent (once again... US always gets such nice used wheel sales), I'd have scammed @zenleetech out of his nearly brand-new Nikola already. "What, the glue-board, first-batch Nikola and I'd still have to put in the new board? That's worth at most $500. I'm going to give you $600 because I'm nice but that's a stretch already.";) (Unfortunately I might also be too nice for that.)

Alas the tyranny of geography...

I don't think I'll let it go for less than $700

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, zenleetech said:

My advice, if you don't feel comfortable, then don't risk it. I am guessing here, but EUC owners may have certain character traits. maybe it's not for you

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, zenleetech said:

I don't think I'll let it go for less than $700

My evil plan has been thwarted:D

In seriousness, while I've never sold a wheel, your buyer (if you decide to sell it) will get a nearly brand-new Nikola with an extra spare board (after the replacement operation and a bit of glue removal). I'd say original price minus $200 would be fair. My guess.

• Like 1

Sorry - if question is already answered in this thread:

Are there any other differences than the battery between Nikola 1600 Wh and 2100 Wh - both 84 V.

How many batteries are used? Type? Is it possible to upgrade (by a dealer) on a later step?

Currently price difference is a bit high between these 2 models!