MSX customizations-sharewhat you’ve done

I finally got enough of getting wet and dirty while riding. So I made fenders for the MSX, front and back.

11-BBB50-D-3-C27-4-EA0-B19-B-3-D3-AB869-

9-E45-EB54-6-CD2-4-DB8-8-F3-A-2-D8-F3080

The rear one works great, not fully convinced of the front one just yet though. But it does help my toes a bit.

Is practical always ugly?

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Isn’t the H-666 a 1850Wh MSX speciality from the Intelligent Walking Store? Or was it Green Fashion And Travaling?

EUCO sells (sold?) the 1230wh MSX with the h666, ewheels has the 5102, most AliExpress sellers come with the h666

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Newest upgrades for MSX and MSP - side power pads,  mud guard (which finally works) and new Nylon pedals providing soft ride, comfort and half of the weight, also winter ready,!!!! 

See:  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Planemo said:

Wow I think the pedals are a great design but I am amazed that nylon has the strength required around the pivot areas.

It was well tested using press - over 500kg of static force on each pedal = over 1000 kg of force for the set. Pedals shall survive even heavy riders...

6 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

It was well tested using press - over 500kg of static force on each pedal = over 1000 kg of force for the set. Pedals shall survive even heavy riders...

Yeah I heard that in the video and I remain amazed. How do they deal with keeping upright given that there doesn't seem to be any magnets now?

They include magnets - there is specific hole fitting 20 mm magnet matching MSX position. 

There is also version of those pedals for Nikola (magnet in front part)

I have co-designed those new MSX pedals ;-) , they are manufactured by my colleague Pavel, they are partially based on the initial Ninebot Z10 pedals (never implemented-visible only on the preproduciton model)

Pedals ave very light (385grams with axis!!)   

I have designed pedal openers for them of course - visible on the YT video

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

Ah yes I see the circle on top now. Be interested to hear how they hold up over a couple of thousand or so km, particularly around the flat section that touches the hanger as that spacing is critical to maintain dihedral as you know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Newest upgrades for MSX and MSP - side power pads,  mud guard (which finally works) and new Nylon pedals providing soft ride, comfort and half of the weight, also winter ready,!!!! 

See:  

Luk i have emailed you regarding the pedals👍👍 do they do them  for z10 too👍

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

They include magnets - there is specific hole fitting 20 mm magnet matching MSX position. 

There is also version of those pedals for Nikola (magnet in front part)

I have co-designed those new MSX pedals ;-) , they are manufactured by my colleague Pavel, they are partially based on the initial Ninebot Z10 pedals (never implemented-visible only on the preproduciton model)

Pedals ave very light (385grams with axis!!)   

I have designed pedal openers for them of course - visible on the YT video

If you guys are planning a version 2 of this pedal, it would be amazing if the pedal angle could be user adjustable, maybe with set/grub screws or different wedges that could be attached.

I went to buy these pedals on their Facebook account, but I believe the current message is that this batch is sold out, is there another way to purchase these pedals?

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

If you guys are planning a version 2 of this pedal, it would be amazing if the pedal angle could be user adjustable, maybe with set/grub screws or different wedges that could be attached.

I went to buy these pedals on their Facebook account, but I believe the current message is that this batch is sold out, is there another way to purchase these pedals?

Yes, there is the version with adjustable angle in the pipeline. As soon as the first demand for current version will be met, angle adjustable model will be prepared (most likely 30 mm thick material)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Yes, there is the version with adjustable angle in the pipeline. As soon as the first demand for current version will be met, angle adjustable model will be prepared (most likely 30 mm thick material)

Ah damn.

Ordered the “flat” ones already.

15 hours ago, Planemo said:

Ah yes I see the circle on top now. Be interested to hear how they hold up over a couple of thousand or so km, particularly around the flat section that touches the hanger as that spacing is critical to maintain dihedral as you know.

I’ve used the same material for subsea frames, and it’s actually ridiculously resilient.

Interested to see ‘em when they get here.

On 6/18/2020 at 10:55 PM, ND4SPD said:

Is there enough space in a 1230wh MSX to install an extra 800wh battery?

Or in the 1600wh version?

615wh extra is available...I did that on my very first MSX 100v 1230wh. It is 1865wh now

Here's my 100v 1845wh with v3 msx board..... Similar to the ms pro board but better software..... It's smooth spins out to 61mph free load 

Effortlessly reached 40mph and has increased acceleration. (Litterally didn't even need to lean to reach that and it was in windy weather.)

I'm not brave enough to reach the real top speed I like my teeth😁✌️ so il be getting someone to reach top end shortly....

As for mods reflective tape and custom cut mud guard with the scorpion trolley handle (I hate the msx trolley handle).

The new v3 board allows white front LEDs and red rear LEDs that actively gets brighter for braking.

Will be adding a brighter headlight soon and the anti spin button.....

I'm in the process of casting real carbon fiber side shell covers mainly as they will be lighter and significantly stronger but ultimately gorgeous looking.

😉🤙

7 hours ago, Number1stunner said:

Here's my 100v 1845wh with v3 msx board..... Similar to the ms pro board but better software..... It's smooth spins out to 61mph free load 

Effortlessly reached 40mph and has increased acceleration. (Litterally didn't even need to lean to reach that and it was in windy weather.)

I'm not brave enough to reach the real top speed I like my teeth😁✌️ so il be getting someone to reach top end shortly....

As for mods reflective tape and custom cut mud guard with the scorpion trolley handle (I hate the msx trolley handle).

The new v3 board allows white front LEDs and red rear LEDs that actively gets brighter for braking.

Will be adding a brighter headlight soon and the anti spin button.....

I'm in the process of casting real carbon fiber side shell covers mainly as they will be lighter and significantly stronger but ultimately gorgeous looking.

😉🤙

Nice! Where did you get the board? 

On 6/30/2020 at 4:52 PM, Steve Jo said:

I'm just wondering how latest MSX 1845 100V could hit 61 mph free llad while my very first MSX 1230wh and now upgraded the battery to 1845wh only can reach 57mph ...is it caused by better main board?

yes :)

• Like 1