THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

In this instance with clear visibility, light, no obstructions etc, the EUC rider was negligent.

There might be days when there is poor visibility from rain, low light, fog, mist, reflective water on road, non locals unfamiliar with the area, etc, a stop sign that is clearly visible from a long distance away, would be necessary.

A painted line on the road is less visible from a distance.

Dirt, debris, sand, mud from previous traffic can also partially obscure line markings.

It is possible that drivers/riders in some instances might not even realize that they are approaching an intersection.

• Like 1

Bet that rider won't approach potential cross traffic the same again. Pain is a better wake up call for some people who lack prediction abilities.

I do hope he makes a full recovery.

My wife has been hit in a cross walk 3 times, all of them when she had the walk sign lit up in her favor. She still gets mad when I tell her it was still her fault for not looking. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Others somehow think STOP means 'only if you need to'.

In that video it was more like don't stop even though he needed to.

Sometimes the consequences exactly match what a sensible person would expect them to be.  Ride out into the path of an oncoming car => get hit by the car and injured.  Yeah, no kidding - that outcome wasn't even the slightest bit unexpected, based on the rider's actions.

Super-shit video of my Sherman LED running light mod, complete with droney, waffly, boring commentary. I dont do talking to cameras. 38 mins of your life wasted, only worth watching if you are indeed wasted yourself and have nothing better to do.

• Like 3

Celebrating National Drive Electric Week with local EV owners at 1st annual Electricarpalooza 2021 in Chester Va. Wheel-N around and entertaining peoples questions on my EV (ECTO-i3) and PEV's (Electric Unicycle EUC) Inmotion V10 & V11 with a Kingsong 14s on display, getting more attenion than the Electric Bikes and Scooter.