THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

What's really impressive is how stable it's able to make that footage look when it's wobbling all over the place like it's drunk. Really though that is so annoying and loud to have in a public place flying that low, but cool for solo rides where there aren't places and people.

Yeah, this was actually a pretty windy day, so a lot of the wobbles are from wind gusts. It was quite annoying in hindsight, and lots of people were looking at the drone, not sure if they liked it or were annoyed. I think doing this in a more open area is going to make for better footage anyway.

1 minute ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Alien Rides I cant wait to see what Gen.2 will bring, but an incredible start, thats for sure....

Yeah, same here. If they can improve upon an already great offering I think it will be quite amazing for people who like to make videos.

46 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

No EUCs in this video, but I think people are going to love the ability of this drone to capture selfie footage while riding.

This is the drone that Ian (Speedyfeet) has been using for awhile now. Still a bit too pricey for me and my rides, but I can see using one down the road, probably only for trail type riding.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is the drone that Ian (Speedyfeet) has been using for awhile now. Still a bit too pricey for me and my rides, but I can see using one down the road, probably only for trail type riding. 

Yeah, I think this drone would be amazing for trail riding. One downside is that it's quite large, almost needing an entire backpack to carry it around - which could be a downer for trail riding.

• Like 2

Im ok with GoPro, but riding with 360 long pole, lol, I won't. This drone captures very good video with out you thinking/ holding anything at all. For me, I would pay 1500. asking price at this time due snowboarding and euc and other outdoor activities that our family does....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

No EUCs in this video, but I think people are going to love the ability of this drone to capture selfie footage while riding.

I love my Skydio R1! It captures some amazing footage. I’ve already posted a few videos here in the past. Here’s some raw footage. 

Here’s a static shot of it following me.

47946998547_56333755b5_b.jpg

2 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Yeah, I think this drone would be amazing for trail riding

I’ve had one crash trail riding with Skydio. It hates small branches.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I love my Skydio R1! It captures some amazing footage. I’ve already posted a few videos here in the past. Here’s some raw footage.

I’ve had one crash trail riding with Skydio. It hates small branches.

Awesome, glad to know that a few EUC riders own these already, hope I'm the next :)

Hopefully the next generation of these drones will have more detailed sensors for small branch avoidance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Hopefully the next generation of these drones will have more detailed sensors for small branch avoidance.

Here is my initial Skydio test video. I was on pins and needles as it navigated through the trees. Then it decided to turn into a tree. The carbon frame can take a beating but I did loose 2 blades. 

• Like 2

After a ride to Preston beach....a drone video. It was sort of interesting flying off of a twenty or so foot cliff. I've been thinking about flying this one for awhile. Melancholy reflective mood.  I used to walk the dog along the beach and seawall in the 1970s during the Viet Nam war and draft years. Didn't serve though.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/27/2019 at 5:12 AM, Lefteris said:

This should be a lesson for us riders that ask more from our EUCs

See if you agree, but I seem to remember a few years ago this type of incident was common. Nowadays it seems rare. I think the current generation of EUCs are amazingly robust compared to what we were riding a few years ago. However, probably this technology can never be 100% "overlean proof" or "cutout proof"! I agree that riding style is a factor. Challenging the limits of the wheel can be fun if one doesn't mind falling once in a while. I prefer a more conservative style, trying to stay well within the limits of what my wheel can do. I like to ride at what I call "sight-seeing speed," enjoying watching the scenery, vs. zooming as fast as possible.

But still there was a lift from the ground from the jump and an immediate demand for power, if the wheel had gone thru some added temperature plus the jump plus the current the rider asked, that is a recipe for disaster, that is why i use WheelLog with voice messages plus the pebble time 2 smartwatch that vibrates when i ask more current than expected from the Z10.

Tech is better yes, but still its all a matter of proper control and conditions.

Guest PogArt Artur
4 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Made a video riding my fairly new wheel yesterday, having lots of fun with the XL. :)

Nice one!

On 5/28/2019 at 9:31 AM, RoadRunner said:

Sweet :)

I was smiling while I watched this! She is super cute and excellent rider!  I enjoyed seeing dad and daughter having fun together! This reminded me of another father & daughter video I like: