THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Did the MCM5 arrive unannounced on your front doorstep ;)

Haha. Well, I was planning to buy it when I'm in the Columbia Gorge at the end of June - but @Alex Gruzglin suddenly offered his wheel for sale, and since I could simply pick it up here in NJ, it made perfect sense not to wait :) 

Edited by trya
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I took the MSX for some exploratory riding, hunting for a new trail up into the mountains. This is a 360 video published in 5.7k resolution. If you have the bandwidth the visuals are pretty impressive for 360.

I'll have to do a360 video also looks epic very nice 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

Marty, what camera were you using for this? Very cool!

Insta360 X

• Upvote 2

On 5/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, Planemo said:

Only just uploaded this vid I did a couple of weeks back. Not a patch on the usual quality/content you find in this thread and perhaps a little monotonous but I am so excited I had to share. Eucs have created a wonderful and massively fun pastime that I can share with my daughter and we are enjoying our time together immensely, exploring and having new experiences in a way that we would never have done before the wheels. God bless the euc!

She is really getting confident now, using her knees more and is gaining speed to the point that since this vid we are now armoured up and she uses a full face helmet. Lots for both of us to learn still but it has been amazing seeing her progress from those first hops in the kitchen a few months ago to where she is now. I have a feeling that this summer is going to be awesome :)

My thanks also to all on this forum, you have helped get a new and exciting relationship to a father and daughter :thumbup:

Good thing you didn't get robbed by Robin Hood;)

I heard he worked in the forrest...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Guys, made a new video of me ripping through the streets of Beijing. Hope you guys like it! 

In the beginning of the video, what is that multi-wheel stand??  All organized and charging cables up on top, VERY NICE INDEED.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Yup. The beauty of aluminum extrusion is that everything slides around and can be tightened anywhere and its super strong. 

Impressive design! :cheers:

2 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Guys, made a new video of me ripping through the streets of Beijing. Hope you guys like it! 

Understanding more how you're such a good rider. You need to be "on" the entire time riding there, wow! I sometimes go on hour long rides without even seeing a car...lmao. Totally different worlds.

1 hour ago, Kuji Rolls said:

That'd be my wheel charging station. 

EUC charging station 1.jpeg

I was wondering something. Those big pads on the sides of your wheels. Do they help with jumping, maneuverability, stability? I saw you had them on there in your msx vs 18xl video and was curious abotu them ever since. 

Anyways, amazing video. Always happy to see new content from you

9 hours ago, seage said:

I was wondering something. Those big pads on the sides of your wheels. Do they help with jumping, maneuverability, stability? I saw you had them on there in your msx vs 18xl video and was curious abotu them ever since. 

Yes. Pretty much for everything. If i ride a wheel without pads, im so much worse and dont feel comfortable. I can barely hop (maybe a 6" curb max), i cant accelerate as hard (ill fall forward) or brake as hard (wobbles) and it allows me to just wiggle my ankles in and press against the frame so i can really control the wheel. 

49 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Yes. Pretty much for everything. If i ride a wheel without pads, im so much worse and dont feel comfortable. I can barely hop (maybe a 6" curb max), i cant accelerate as hard (ill fall forward) or brake as hard (wobbles) and it allows me to just wiggle my ankles in and press against the frame so i can really control the wheel. 

Oh thats awesome! Id love to give that a shot. (I mean, i dont want to cramp your style or anything, but it looks interesting, haha). Is it just a thick piece of foam just above the ankles? Or like..the one on the msx looked like a piece of black foam (or 2 pieces) inside a large sheet of sticky foam. But since its black on black its hard to see, haha. I am not a fan of the wobbles on my emergency breaks. Acceleration im fine, but being able to lock in and break hard would be nice. Saw this and thought it would be cool to try but wanted to ask you about it! 

1 hour ago, seage said:

Oh thats awesome! Id love to give that a shot. (I mean, i dont want to cramp your style or anything, but it looks interesting, haha). Is it just a thick piece of foam just above the ankles? Or like..the one on the msx looked like a piece of black foam (or 2 pieces) inside a large sheet of sticky foam. But since its black on black its hard to see, haha. I am not a fan of the wobbles on my emergency breaks. Acceleration im fine, but being able to lock in and break hard would be nice. Saw this and thought it would be cool to try but wanted to ask you about it! 

So i use a combination of materials, but i find that 5mm thick neoprene works the best. I dissected a few other pads to make this version, but i think if you just stack up layers of neoprene with some double sided tape you can get some good results. 

My ankle bumps get 5mm of cushion. Just above is a bump so i can grip underneath it to pull upwards. The bump near the top front is for my shins to jam up against if im battling a big hill or something. 

WechatIMG525.jpeg

WechatIMG526.jpeg

• Upvote 1