THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Excellent....When I went Google cardboard shopping awhile ago I read on the internet that my 'Moto G (earliest Moto G) doesn't have the electronics for VR. However Moto X (second generation) works. Buying the Moto X  requires that the current wireless providers plan (unlimited 3G until throttling at 5GB) be discarded for a new Clear Wireless plan where you pay by the Gig or pay twice per month what my current plan costs.

Have you looked at Tracfone?  Buy data as needed, use wifi to save data,  can be as low as 9 dollars a month if you don't make a lot of long calls.  You can get android phones for as low as 59 dollars.

54 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Have you looked at Tracfone? 

I actually like my Moto G Android phone and wireless plan.

The only issues are the lack electronics required to process 4k video and the poorly controlled viewing (no gyroscope) of static equirectangular 360 VR content for 'Google Cardboard' using the Moto G's accelerometer. 46486.pngAn app called VaR's VR can view and turn VR content with some amount of success using the accelerometer. It drifts away from true horizontal panning.

46485.png

46486.png

Here is what a static 360 image , for Google cardboard, would look like before 'turning the VR scene' with the app

46498.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Excellent....When I went Google cardboard shopping awhile ago I read on the internet that my 'Moto G (earliest Moto G) doesn't have the electronics for VR. However Moto X (second generation) works. Buying the Moto X  requires that the current wireless providers plan (unlimited 3G until throttling at 5GB) be discarded for a new Clear Wireless plan where you pay by the Gig or pay twice per month what my current plan costs.

that's weird, i didn't type that! - "Try sticking it in VR. 360 degree video is pretty cool." forum glitch or hax??! changing password just to be safe

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I took the Mten3 to the beach yesterday for a mid afternoon ride. I visited the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach, both landmarks in Southern California. For some reason I thought of @Hunka Hunka Burning Love at 5:20 and circled around for a closer look :D  Venice Beach always serves up something offbeat B)

You can't slam them for their style, I mean you're wearing white athletic shoes with long pants which hurts my soul...

Still, those are either really fat women or trannies (or maybe fat trannies). Those two groups of people always arise, in me, strong feelings of revulsion. I think it comes from the sheer ugliness, they are the diametric opposite of beauty.

Still, I do much prefer to live in a place that allows people to dress however they want.

Except for yoga pants. I hate yoga pants with a passion. Worse than white sneakers casual wear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

You can't slam them for their style, I mean you're wearing white athletic shoes with long pants which hurts my soul...

Still, those are either really fat women or trannies (or maybe fat trannies). Those two groups of people always arise, in me, strong feelings of revulsion. I think it comes from the sheer ugliness, they are the diametric opposite of beauty.

Still, I do much prefer to live in a place that allows people to dress however they want.

Except for yoga pants. I hate yoga pants with a passion. Worse than white sneakers casual wear.

White athletic shoes are not to be worn with jeans :confused1: My God, I've been dressing all wrong for the last 40 years :crying:

So the thumbnail, with the open blouse showing chest hair, isn't enough to convince you that these are guys :confused1:

Very funny post  :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 8:02 PM, Rehab1 said:

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday and got to ride with Michael Vu and his friend Monica. Michael drove up from Texas to visit Monica in Columbus, Ohio. He contacted me to see if I was available to ride. No way was I going to pass up a chance to cruise around with a fellow forum member and his friend.! They both drove up from Columbus yesterday afternoon (over 2 hours away) and we all met at International Park in downtown Toledo.

Michael will be sharing his footage soon. From what I saw his video shots were excellent! Thanks Michael and Monica! It was a true pleasure to ride with you both! Great people and so much fun!

Group rides are fun, huh :thumbup:

I still can't ride thin ledges like Michael - I get  psyched out :cry2:

Did you get a chance to try the MSuper? What did you think of it? I can't remember if you've ridden an MSuper before.

You're supposed to ride the wheel, not carry it ;)

Thanks for the video - always nice to see where and how other people ride :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LanghamP said:
6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, but without the pants we can only imagine what would have happened at 9:12... ;)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

For some reason I thought of @Hunka Hunka Burning Love at 5:20 and circled around for a closer look :D  Venice Beach always serves up something offbeat B)

We have a saying in the UK "You don't get many of them to the pound!" 

@Marty Backe that's a brilliant way to emphasise how small and light the Mten3 is, Gotway really should have you on their marketing team ?. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2017 at 11:04 AM, Marty Backe said:

I took the Mten3 to the beach yesterday for a mid afternoon ride. I visited the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach, both landmarks in Southern California. For some reason I thought of @Hunka Hunka Burning Love at 5:20 and circled around for a closer look :D  Venice Beach always serves up something offbeat B)

Sorry I've  been away. Slammed at work. I just could not pass up the opportunity!:)

37383638132_77dc95e436_b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Very well made comparison of Kingsong 16 and Gotway ACM!  The video production is outstanding.:popcorn:

56 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Eh.

I assume that this was a joke from @steve454–i don‘t think he took out the popcorn because he is hungry...

Rather simplistic and subjective comparisons, plus she's comparing the best KingSong 16 inch wheel to the old ACM. How about comparing the KS16S to the ACM V2s+?

They forgot to compare the manufacturer specified range.

but she has a great smile. :)

I generally don't like these kind of 'reviews'.

I wonder how they made the comparison – they don‘t sell gotways in their shop. But they sell the fantastic solowheel extreme for a bargain of €2.190. We should ask them to make a battle review of the ks16s and the solowheel... :ph34r:

• Like 2

I dislike comparisons between wheels that are pretty similar such as the KS18 vs MSuper, or KS vs other 16 inch wheels. That's not how I buy wheels! I buy them by usage.

For example, an IPS i5 versus various 16 or 18 inch wheels makes a lot of sense. The reviewer is essentially saying if you buy an i5/MSuper then you get to do these things but at the cost of these other things.

I've enjoyed all her videos. I would like to see her do a 14 vs 16 vs 18 inch comparison.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Chriull said:

they don‘t sell gotways in their shop. But they sell the fantastic solowheel extreme for a bargain of €2.190. We should ask them to make a battle review of the ks16s and the solowheel... :ph34r:

They do not sell that crappy solowheel!:huh: do they?

Edited by steve454
  • Like 2