THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Next time get at least 3 people to place and carry those stationary cameras! ... Will shorten this beautiful video work  to about 45 minutes ... and then you have to edit it ... still ... and still thanks for this inspiring work!!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I went to Pokagon State Park in Indiana today and rode next to their long toboggan run. This place is packed with visitors in the winter. I used the Passport Hover Camera for some aerial shots. Passport recently updated their software and it followed me like a charm. I rode at a moderate speed (no @Marty Backe gear required) as I was not sure if EUCs were even allowed.

Looks like a fun place to take a ride, and those hills are probably quite a bit steeper than they look on camera. Love the drone shots. That's exactly how I'd like to use one if I ever take the plunge.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like a fun place to take a ride, and those hills are probably quite a bit steeper than they look on camera. Love the drone shots. That's exactly how I'd like to use one if I ever take the plunge.

It was fun! The park is huge so it will be fun to go back. There are lots of lakes along the way also. I've found a treasure trove of interesting places to ride in the future.

If you remember the Hover camera is the drone that was pissed off one day and came charging at me before hitting some bushes. It now follows me better than the Mavic and at a lower altitude. Apple now sells the Hover Camera.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It was fun! The park is huge so it will be fun to go back. There are lots of lakes along the way also. I've found a treasure trove of interesting places to ride in the future.

If you remember the Hover camera is the drone that was pissed off one day and came charging at me before hitting some bushes. It now follows me better than the Mavic and at a lower altitude. Apple now sells the Hover Camera.

Than I'm doubly impressed that you were willing to turn your back on that drone :cry2:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I used the Passport Hover Camera for some aerial shots. Passport recently updated their software and it followed me like a charm.

The drone flew very well.  A lot better than last time I saw it!!  ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I went to Pokagon State Park in Indiana today and rode next to their long toboggan run. This place is packed with visitors in the winter. I used the Passport Hover Camera for some aerial shots. Passport recently updated their software and it followed me like a charm. I rode at a moderate speed (no @Marty Backe gear required) as I was not sure if EUCs were even allowed.

Impressed with the overhead shots, steadiness and editing.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Than I'm doubly impressed that you were willing to turn your back on that drone :cry2:

18 hours ago, SuperSport said:

The drone flew very well.  A lot better than last time I saw it!!  ?

16 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

Impressed with the overhead shots, steadiness and editing.

Before the updates the drone would loose my image and get confused with surrounding trees and objects and just take off. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Before the updates the drone would loose my imagine and get confused with surrounding trees and objects and just take off. 

I think I know why they did software updates.

It was probably too adventuresome before.

And fun and funny footage, once the aggravation subsided.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, steve454 said:

Pretty good demonstration of low battery behavior.  I think the yellow Kingsong is the same one @Stan Onymous recently got from Will.

I actually got both of those from @KaleOsaurusRex ! The H1 is really an anomaly. Like those big dung beetles that can fly. Oh sure they can fly, but dont expect them to go fast or be graceful doing it. Thats why they make a noise when they fly - it says "watch out beetle in the air". It is an extremely fun learning wheel. No hard shapes to collide with and not too high for falling off and jumping onto.

It could be the Bumble bee KS14c in the background since he didnt ride it. ? It had a battery recharge problem, that I fixed, so it wouldve been a great choice for low power riding. I even think I would look very much like him if I lived in Dallas too, ?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I even think I would look very much like him if I lived in Dallas too, ?

You don't look like him, isn't that @KaleOsaurusRex in the video?  I thought the Huanxi looked like a good low speed wheel, it accelerated pretty quickly in the video.

I saw your video of the car show and you were riding a yellow Kingsong, and in one of your earlier posts mentioned buying it from Will as one of his last in stock items before closing down.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

@Sidestreet Reny  those new wristguards came in handy.

Thanx for posting Steve! Yo, I really thought they would too, the whole problem was that they force me to my elbow instead. I need these Roller Derby wrist guards I saw that don't go up the arm to high. Or weightlifting gloves that have wrist support as well palm padding.

I NEED to start watching my guitar hands better! Music is my life and EUC's are the delicious sprinkles on top....and they are very delicious.:w00t2: ;-) 

• Upvote 3