1 hour ago, BUSTANUTELLA said:

That site look suuuuper sketchy.

Site is run by John in Livingston, NJ. He's been an authorized Ninebot US dealer for some time now. Many of our NYC riders have purchased from him numerous times.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Site is run by John in Livingston, NJ. He's been an authorized Ninebot US dealer for some time now. Many of our NYC riders have purchased from him numerous times.

oh awesome! does he have a brick and mortar? I'm in the NYC area, and if I can see the z series in person, I would be more inclined to buy on the spot!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BUSTANUTELLA said:

oh awesome! does he have a brick and mortar? I'm in the NYC area, and if I can see the z series in person, I would be more inclined to buy on the spot!

The Z hasn't even come out of beta testing in China yet.

South China production rollout is estimated to be sometime in November.

Guesstimating, that puts our US release earliest February, but more likely, March 2018, and due to the popularity (based on the Ninebot P experience through NinebotUS), the first shipment will likely be all pre-order fulfillments, with no remaining stock, barring cancellations. IMO, I doubt John will get a pre-production model before then.

• Upvote 1

I know it won't be out for a while. I was asking if there was a possibility to see a Z in person when it releases. Sorry if my post was misleading. I'm one of those guys who goes to best buy to see stuff before I order it on amazon, but if I can't be bothered to wait, I'll buy it at Best Buy, which i feel will be the case with the Z.

5 minutes ago, BUSTANUTELLA said:

I know it won't be out for a while. I was asking if there was a possibility to see a Z in person when it releases. Sorry if my post was misleading. I'm one of those guys who goes to best buy to see stuff before I order it on amazon, but if I can't be bothered to wait, I'll buy it at Best Buy, which i feel will be the case with the Z.

No worries~ ;)

Unfortunately US is one of the worst countries for EUC try-before-you-buy on brand new models, due to the distributors not doing as much volume of sales as, say, a Paris, France (shops there often have beta wheels pre-release to try). 

Plus, NinebotUS I'm pretty sure is not a brick and mortar store. Those basically do not exist for EUC in the US (except for one small shop in the MidWest that opened up whose name I'm forgetting; but even they are not power sellers with enough clout to field a beta / trial wheel)

2 hours ago, BUSTANUTELLA said:

That site look suuuuper sketchy.

I bought my 9bot1 E+ from them in January of 2016. They delivered quickly, and the one warranty claim ( the charger eventually failed) was handled quickly and professionally.

• Upvote 2

On both videos with the stairs the wheel does look somewhat unusually bumpy? Guy in the first stairs video lost it completely and the second one almost. Could it be that the tire is solid / non inflatable? Google translation of the specs says "wide 4.1-inch large vacuum tire design" - whatever that means.

Edited by xebeche
  • Upvote 1

What I don't get is why they don't go full stop, and release the Z10 with even higher rated battery and motor? Have they truly designed the EUC in a way so that is the absolute maximum they can put into it?

I expect it to be good, but it still seems a bit strange to "underbid" both Gotway and Rockwheel in one or both of those areas...

I suppose it is the effect of stashing the battery packs "inside" the rim of the wheel.

36 minutes ago, kolplex said:

Hello everyone.
We tested Ninebot Z for your in China.

The videos shared here are from my channel. I will upload all videos in today.

Other videos; Ninebot One Z playlist.

Hello @kolplex,

thanks for posting these videos. Did you have a chance to try the wheel yourself?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Scatcat said:

What I don't get is why they don't go full stop, and release the Z10 with even higher rated battery and motor? Have they truly designed the EUC in a way so that is the absolute maximum they can put into it?

I expect it to be good, but it still seems a bit strange to "underbid" both Gotway and Rockwheel in one or both of those areas...

I suppose it is the effect of stashing the battery packs "inside" the rim of the wheel.

I'd antiquate it to  4cyl vs v8 analogy for motor reference.

the z10 as an 1800w wheel I don't think is peak.  Even then if the motor isn't at full workload at 35-40mph...  why over engineer it? (I'm thinking from a manufacturing perspective).

I'm more curious on the battery stability.  If they actually did include redundant battery cell failover,  that is an inevitable failure that can occur to cause an immediate crash.

lonk reference for specs:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-unicycle-hoverboard-news/ninebot-one-z-electric-unicycle-price/%3famp_markup=1

4 hours ago, SeattleAbarth said:

I'd antiquate it to  4cyl vs v8 analogy for motor reference.

the z10 as an 1800w wheel I don't think is peak.  Even then if the motor isn't at full workload at 35-40mph...  why over engineer it? (I'm thinking from a manufacturing perspective).

I'm more curious on the battery stability.  If they actually did include redundant battery cell failover,  that is an inevitable failure that can occur to cause an immediate crash.

lonk reference for specs:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-unicycle-hoverboard-news/ninebot-one-z-electric-unicycle-price/%3famp_markup=1

Oh I've seen the specs, and just like you I'm very curious about the security measures.

As for motor power and max power from the batteries: While we seldom use the full power in the EUCs even at high speeds, there are situations where that power is the difference between a crash and a recovery.

One situation is emergency breaking, and I have very recent experience how the 2kW/3.6kW motor in the GT16 saved me from becoming Bambi on the front grill of a beamer.

Another situation is the hidden pot-hole that you find by rolling into it. At higher speeds, with lower reserve torque, the power-reserve you have left may well be the difference between a face-plant and recovery.

Now to keep things fair, I don't really think the Ninebot One Z10 is low on power. I'm just curious if that is the max they can offer in this configuration? And why they've chosen not to leap-frog the competition in this area?

• Upvote 3

On 9/6/2017 at 3:11 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I have a feeling that Ninebot isn't all about trying to out-do the competition.  They probably have taken into consideration who their target market is as not everyone wants to lift a 70 pound wheel with 2000 kW battery capacity up a flight of stairs.  In addition, not everyone needs to be able to ride 100 km on a charge.  I bet they have planned out a good series of Z wheels that will appeal to a wide range of people with reasonable specifications keeping in mind a certain price range.  Maybe think of them as the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry of EUCs.

They want to put out a reliable product that people will trust while keeping in mind that reliability and safety are always concerns at the forefront when riding on a single wheel.  I'm still riding my Ninebot, and I still have fun on it.  With the "slow" speed of 20 KPH I know even if I fall my injuries hopefully won't be too bad.  45 KPH would be nice, but I doubt I would ride at that speed on average.  I just need enough power and torque to keep me safe at a reasonable speed.  50-70 km or more range would be nice.  Has anyone posted up an average riding speed poll yet?  I'd be curious what the majority of riders are cruising at.   

EDIT:  Found it!

Thanks for finding that speed poll!

• Upvote 1

If we can expect nearly the same spec power/actual power as with the nb1e+ the Z10 should be easily capable of delivering more than 4000Wp! At steep Climbs I often hit more than 1500W with the e+ sometimes even more than 2000Watts! Until now it was also very reliable in delivering enough Power for 20% climbs at more than 15kph with my 100kg! I hope that the Z series gets stiffer, that it can be driven one legged (from a heavier rider) without scratching the Motor!

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looking good. The "asymmetric" design is a nice touch and makes this wheel unique. Pedals seem quite slippery though, not sure if they give enough grip in wet conditions e.g.

My thoughts exactly. Take a step on wet sand and the grip is totally gone. This has been working well for me:

59b4417cbbafe_IMG_1953s.thumb.JPG.b41ddfc5a63391e8d1eb13bf29d64c00.JPG

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looking good. The "asymmetric" design is a nice touch and makes this wheel unique. Pedals seem quite slippery though, not sure if they give enough grip in wet conditions e.g.

Hopefully this is unfinished look of the pedals just for this show. Maybe in the final version there will be some kind of grip tape or something on top of that slippery looking surface.

• Upvote 1