10 hours ago, Hatchet said:

I have a question about the Z series regarding the shell and off road. if you look at the shell under the pedals, it's rounded and comes down to around 5 cm above the ground. This seems like bad design because if you are doing off road, roots, potholes, drops, etc, it looks to me like you are going to land and hit the shell a lot. 

This is a fair point, as the S2/S1/A1 has the same circular bottom enclosure and tended to pick-up a lot of dirt and debris.

But on the flip-side, if you care about the longevity of your EUC, you probably aren't doing drop offs / dropdowns, as the Achille's heel of all wheels are the axles (read: axle breakage).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Evel_Knievel said:

Brings up another point...how do you air up the tire? Always thought the ninebot one E+ design complicated that task slightly. 

Think that's partly the reason for the front/back exposed design.

6 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

I doubt that will be a very big problem. The thing with a wider tyre is that the deformation becomes less of an issue. Compare to a typical car/van with tyre pressures in the range of 2.2-2.8 bars. In general those tyres deform LESS than the single tyre of a EUC, even though our pressures are in the 2.7-3.0 bar range and the weight on a single wheel of a car is considerably higher.

Cars and vans have shocks and distribute their weight across 4 wheels, no? ;)

37 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Cars and vans have shocks and distribute their weight across 4 wheels, no? ;)

The shocks doesn't contain anti-gravity devices, do they? :confused1:

And 3-4000 lbs on four wheels is still 750-1K lbs per wheel, which is a "bit more" than a EUC with rider on top.

But sure, the shocks will of course lessen the transients of tyre deformation.

10 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I also share this concern. I don’t think dropping down from a curb etc would be an issue, you wouldn’t hit the shell , but if you are on uneven ground , with little potholes, cavities, etc, especially when turning/ leaning on one side, the surface( or potential objects , like small rocks etc) can be located at higher elevation than the surface the tire touches and could potentially hit the shell. I am hoping ninebot tested it out, but in the other hand they don’t have the experience making high speed heavy duty wheels for rough terrain , they may still be in the mind set of a city wheel traveling on smooth asphalt, trying to adapt it for performance to meet the market, so who knows...

12 hours ago, Hatchet said:

If you came down hard and the sides made contact with the ground the shock energy would probably propel you off the pedals. Then I think, this is too obvious they must have thought of it. I'd have the bottom cut straight across just under the pedals.

Being propelled off the pedals is a scary thought. I'm hoping the photo is just a perception issue and the shell's ground clearance is safely adequate for both off- roading and rough terrain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evel_Knievel said:

I don’t see how you’d access the valve stem. Must be a window somewhere similar to the ninebot E+?

Possibly (unfortunately I combed the demo model @CES for everything BUT this *smh).

But in pictures, it looks like how I used to fill my GT16 tire: via the valve peaking out the front or back access (9 and 3 o’clock respectively)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The most damage I've had to my Ninebot One shell is to the plastic part under pedals. 

Compliments of The VR Body Shop. ;) Wished it worked on my humerus.

26454701117_27577b1191_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

@Jason McNeil Do you have any concerns about dealing with Ninebot?  It always seems like with a larger company they tend to call the shots.  With their previous history of screwing dealers over, do you think it will be a rocky relationship dealing with parts sourcing, need for dealer servicing versus consumer repairing in the field, and warranty support issues? 

I suppose it's never possible to accurately predict the future, but do you think Ninebot has improved over time?  I still recall the posts from people trying to get support directly from the company and being forced to wait months for help. 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@Jason McNeil Do you have any concerns about dealing with Ninebot?  It always seems like with a larger company they tend to call the shots.  With their previous history of screwing dealers over, do you think it will be a rocky relationship dealing with parts sourcing, need for dealer servicing versus consumer repairing in the field, and warranty support issues? 

I suppose it's never possible to accurately predict the future, but do you think Ninebot has improved over time?  I still recall the posts from people trying to get support directly from the company and being forced to wait months for help. 

Cannot agree more. Very bad track to date. Plus their strategy has been less than clear. Successful e+, aborted p after a handful models in the wild. S2/a1 release in 14 inches with mixed reviews rather than upgrading e+ 16 inches, and most vendors dead afaik. French one just turned bankrupted, so no more distributor.

One Z track record is no better to date. It was announced with prices last August!!! Apart from Elon Musk, nobody makes product announcement with prices that much early, and even Elon gives an official release date.

Don’t get me wrong, I am still happy they haven’t given up the EUC market, but on my side it will take some time for my confidence in them to be restored. A great wheel and a clear distribution and support strategy would be a first step.

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 1

I wonder if Ninebot had improved their relationship with dealers instead of shafting them whether @FORWARD california would still be in business.  They were a good bunch of guys, but they had a Ninebot only product base.  It was a shock to dealers and buyers alike when Ninebot pulled their dealer support leaving everybody high and dry.  Do you know if Ian Sampson will be selling Ninebot Z's?

How does a dealer help offer support if they aren't an "official" dealer?  Will parts be freely available and warranty issues be handled quickly without needing to ship wheels back to specific locations?  Although I like Ninebot products in general, the way the company left dealers hanging left a bad taste in my mouth.  Although this Z looks interesting I wonder how well it will be supported if issues arise.

Anyone remember these threads:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Had been thinking of emailing Ian for an update on his thoughts about the One Z series and other wheels being released  imminently. They quietly introduced the ACM2, but I haven’t seen anything else on the site. 

• Like 1

Rumors on Chinese forum said that Z8 Z10 in "mass" production in June, consistent with @Jason McNeil's report of getting preproduction sample in May.

But, by that time, a tariff of 25% may be added. That will create a kind of job called smuggler.

Spoiler

Edited by EUCMania

16 hours ago, EUCMania said:

Rumors on Chinese forum said that Z8 Z10 in "mass" production in June, consistent with @Jason McNeil's report of getting preproduction sample in May.

But, by that time, a tariff of 25% may be added. That will create a kind of job called smuggler.

Reveal hidden contents

I'll just ship it to my home in Canada! LOL

Does anyone have info on how and where to buy it directly from China?