34 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

And anyway I think using an electric unicycle on snowy or icy environment is not a good idea... 

I agree. I try this winter to ride 9B1 E+ and found it is disaster. To much snow stuck to my shoes and the pedals become extremely slippery. Really the snow was not fresh but from the previous day

51 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

I would not recommend a Z6 which has only a single battery, So it does not has the same safety redundancy as the dual battery system in a Z8/10. Also a Z6 is almost as heavy as a Z10 (23+ vs. 25),  The performance to weight ratio isn’t as good.

I love riding around on a One Z, but I have to admit it is not as smooth or comfortable as its competitors, some cases does not turn as well as its competitors, the performance isn’t much better in most scenarios if not worse... but the riding experience on a One Z is just so much different from any other wheel I have tried, totally unique! Consider the way I use EUCs, I should be better off choosing a V10F, but after I tested one for a few days,  I find myself bored very quickly.

Although I am seeing a lot of quick reviews giving praises to Z‘s performance. Personally I still consider the Z more as a fun wheel instead of a performance wheel. Like riding a Ducati Monster for years and now adding a Harley Davidson to your gaerage.

And anyway I think using an electric unicycle on snowy or icy environment is not a good idea... 

:cheers:

Well said. And when given the choice, at this point I will choose one wheel over another based on its uniqueness. The Z10 is a perfect match for me.

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Well said. And when given the choice, at this point I will choose one wheel over another based on its uniqueness. The Z10 is a perfect match for me.

I take it the EWheels demo Z10 is probably on it's way/shortly on it's way to you by now, since Chooch has most likely done all his evaluation?

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, fbhb said:

I take it the EWheels demo Z10 is probably on it's way/shortly on it's way to you by now, since Chooch has most likely done all his evaluation?

I don't know... If I sent you an awesome new wheel for free (without a time limit), how long would you keep it for, before sending it on?

If it were me it would be maybe be months?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I don't know... If I sent you an awesome new wheel for free (without a time limit), how long would you keep it for, before sending it on?

If it were me it would be maybe be months?

Yeah, you got an extremely valid point there! Chooch was really enjoying that last "off road" session in the hills, since letting enough air out to get the best performance. On hindsight, my last post makes no sense at all?

• Like 1

It is actually quite interesting... With such a wide tyre, the air pressure can be much lower... So how does that affect your ride?

Perhaps we need to get a demo unit out here in New Zealand to see how it compares!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

I hope so. He's had it for almost two weeks. The shipping label to send it to me was created Thursday, but he hasn't sent it yet. Must. Have. Patience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I hope so. He's had it for almost two weeks. The shipping label to send it to me was created Thursday, but he hasn't sent it yet. Must. Have. Patience.

Created the label on Thursday you say, I think Chooch is  just teasing you and he's still riding it! ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fbhb said:

Created the label on Thursday you say, I think Chooch is  just teasing you and he's still riding it! ?

He is still riding it.?

I have different experiences... but he gives a very nice and thorough review!

Edited by Turbocharged
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/13/2018 at 3:11 PM, Keith said:

As @WARPed1701D, said above, this was discussed in April and then the thread taken down. @RoberAce started that thread, you may want to P.M. him to discuss?

@RoberAce had an email from Segway/Ninebot Europe BV you might want to discuss with him? 

What we did know at that time was that we appear to have no date for when the Ninebot Z range will apply for European CE approval.

I would also discuss timescales and pricing with Speedyfeet who should be on the ball with what Ninebot are up to with this range.

Im not going to say anything more than this.

Now you've got me worried...

I just paid the £1000 pre-order on my Z10 last week ... the price looked amazing and I really struggled to justify even spending this much. I was a little worried by the bank transfer thing, especially as my bank checked the receiving account and said that it was a personal account and not a business account. The chap I was in touch with at theninebot.co.uk was Dominic and he has yet to reply to my emails asking him to confirm the transfer or expected delivery of my Z10. I am hoping it all goes well and I do actually receive my Z10 as promised. The website appears legit, which is why I went through with placing my order. Please someone tell me its all going to be ok? ?

16 minutes ago, Nic said:

Now you've got me worried...

I just paid the £1000 pre-order on my Z10 last week ... the price looked amazing and I really struggled to justify even spending this much. I was a little worried by the bank transfer thing, especially as my bank checked the receiving account and said that it was a personal account and not a business account. The chap I was in touch with at theninebot.co.uk was Dominic and he has yet to reply to my emails asking him to confirm the transfer or expected delivery of my Z10. I am hoping it all goes well and I do actually receive my Z10 as promised. The website appears legit, which is why I went through with placing my order. Please someone tell me its all going to be ok? ?

I'm sorry to say you've likely lost that cash now and you aren't going to see a Ninebot One Z10 for that price. I almost jumped at it but big alarm bells rang loud and clear when they said bank transfer only. When something is too good to be true it likely is and in this case....  :( 

• Upvote 2

I'm so psyched for this wheel again!  I was so disappointed when it seemed like my excitement wasn't going to be matched by reality.  Chooch literally couldn't have done a better job of getting me pumped for the Z10 again.  I was sure I wasn't going to buy a new wheel for quite a while, but now I'm back trying to figure out ways to be able to buy one. 

Jason is smart to send a test wheel out to reviewers because Chooch's review has lit a fire under me.  It's crazy how wide a range my expectations have traveled for this wheel considering I went from hyped to disappointed, and now back to hyped again.  I guess it's a lesson that one shouldn't get too caught up in early reviews until there's someone whose judgment you trust gets their hands on it.   

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I'm so psyched for this wheel again!  I was so disappointed when it seemed like my excitement wasn't going to be matched by reality.  Chooch literally couldn't have done a better job of getting me pumped for the Z10 again.  I was sure I wasn't going to buy a new wheel for quite a while, but now I'm back trying to figure out ways to be able to buy one. 

Jason is smart to send a test wheel out to reviewers because Chooch's review has lit a fire under me.  It's crazy how wide a range my expectations have traveled for this wheel considering I went from hyped to disappointed, and now back to hyped again.  I guess it's a lesson that one shouldn't get too caught up in early reviews until there's someone whose judgment you trust gets their hands on it.   

I hope he sends it to me this week so that I can give my take on the wheel. I'll definitely be experimenting with the air pressure based on what I learned from him.

41 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

This is the answer Ninebot engineer provided, basically, as long as that orange line does not touch the ground while you are on it, you are ok! If it is too low you are risking both the tire and the rim.

IMG_0816.jpg.a482f0ed861caac942d6eb2e5c1d929d.jpg

Then I tried 10 psi with my 82 kg of bone and fat on my Z... no... too low for my weight

IMG_0820.jpg.e10b81f9ec4aa2abeaac9c58917b4a40.jpg

After multiple tests, for a person weighs similar to me, I would suggest 18-20 psi as a bare minimum! But in this range, that random "sideway pull" effect may come into play, I still don't understand why it happens

IMG_0823.jpg.343db9d7efc9813f0fe72aa827e01842.jpg

Fantastic info. That's for getting this information to use. :cheers: I'll be using this when evaluating the week next week.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, novazeus said:

have u heard anything from jason?

i guessed good on chooch’s weight, did he say he weighed 120?

Is the current NB Z10 timeline still accurate? According to @Jason McNeil diagram at eWheels, they would have already started shipping or ship this week?

What kind of ETA would people expect if they are using the air frieght option? 

I just figured I would ask the question on everyone’s mind. The anticipation is getting to me, and I have one more vacation this summer. ??☀️

I could tell Chooch was light, but was still surprised when he said he weighs only 120lbs.  His weight surely factored into the tire pressure he was able to get away with.  

His analogy to riding a street bike was really helpful for me in gaining a better sense of the different riding characteristic compared to other wheels.  It's what you would imagine just looking at it, but to hear it put into words helped make it real for me. 

I really think the key takeaway from the review is going to be the idea that this wheel rides better with lower tire pressure.  I was gutted when the earlier reviews said that the tire was actually worse on bumps than a lot of currently available wheels because I've had all my hopes for this wheel riding on the tire being a big step forward for EUCs.  He even used the magic word "suspension-like" to describe the effect, which is what I've been praying for.  

This wheel has been torture to wait for because I kept overreacting to whatever new bit of information a reviewer would say about it due to my impatience and how different it is.  Lesson in staying patient because it looks now like it's mostly what I was hoping it would be.  What a rollercoaster.  For sure getting one, but probably not for a while still.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Is the current NB Z10 timeline still accurate? According to @Jason McNeil diagram at eWheels, they would have already started shipping or ship this week?

What kind of ETA would people expect if they are using the air frieght option? 

I just figured I would ask the question on everyone’s mind. The anticipation is getting to me, and I have one more vacation this summer. ??☀️

I haven't heard anything from Jason, but I'm assuming that I won't see my Z10 until mid-August, earliest.

8 hours ago, Keith said:

Oh and @nute did say “I understand he takes paypal so why anyone would not use that and send cash direct i don't know.“  and that, given that you were forced to use a bank draft, is also a point! 

I am not sure when or for what he takes Paypal but when I went through the checkout process I definitely didn't get the option.

As soon as it got to the Bank Transfer only payment option I emailed Dominic about it and he didn't respond even though he had only just responded to my queries regarding the price (to which he said there was a limited quantity at £1000 then the price would rise to £1400) and whether or not it came with the mudguard (to which he said only for pre-orders they would be free). So he was monitoring emails but chose to ignore my Paypal query.

He may not be too bad and may have sold a number of EUC's but the lack of any information/reviews online is worrying and the extremely low price even more so as if he does get any he won't get them that cheap and definitely won't honour the price unless he can swallow that much loss per wheel.

I think I'll wait for proper release and a few more riders trying it out before I decide to take the plunge. If I do I'll be turning to SpeedyFeet.

Edited by TremF
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TremF said:

I am not sure when or for what he takes Paypal but when I went through the checkout process I definitely didn't get the option.

As soon as it got to the Bank Transfer only payment option I emailed Dominic about it and he didn't respond even though he had only just responded to my queries regarding the price (to which he said there was a limited quantity at £1000 then the price would rise to £1400) and whether or not it came with the mudguard (to which he said only for pre-orders they would be free). So he was monitoring emails but chose to ignore my Paypal query.

He may not be too bad and may have sold a number of EUC's but the lack of any information/reviews online is worrying and the extremely low price even more so as if he does get any he won't get them that cheap and definitely won't honour the price unless he can swallow that much loss per wheel.

All i read about this ninebot.uk company only taking bank transfers ....paying in advance...

The flag is not even red anymore! Its high pink!!! Sorry to anybody how sent 1000bucks by bank.....sounds like wave good bye to your money....my 2 cents....

Thats all to good to be true!!! Even The chinese ali sellers take about 2 grand for for the z10!

Edited by US69
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1