The Photo Thread

SlowMo

I passed this bicyclist having great difficulty getting up a hill that isn't all that steep. Upon closer inspection I think he was riding a single-speed bicycle, so I pulled out my camera to see if other forum members can verify that.

(I could probably have simply asked him but he looked kinda busy)

OI000332.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

I passed this bicyclist having great difficulty getting up a hill that isn't all that steep. Upon closer inspection I think he was riding a single-speed bicycle, so I pulled out my camera to see if other forum members can verify that.

(I could probably have simply asked him but he looked kinda busy)

OI000332.jpg

No brakes. No visible cables. No derailleur. Thats a fixie alright. I don't quite understand the obsession with them. Simple. Yes. And I like simplicity. But one gear does not fit all circumstances. I also believe no brake is technically illegal in most places and relying on standing on the pedal and only the rear wheel braking you can be quite useless for emergency stops. Still, if it makes him happy.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

that sand looks so smooth it would probably be fun to ride on.

low tides look that way on that beach.

They use it too dump plowed snow from trucks in the winter during storms. The snow melts and goes out with the tide. A few miles off shore is a LNG off shore loading port where LNG tankers park, the submerged off loader platform  is connected and the product feeds into PVC pipeline for distribution on shore. There is almost always a tanker (in sight but not in the beach photos view) loaded with LNG tethered to the off loader platform which rests a few feet below the surface. Public mailings to coastal residents in the area (who might ride boats around the submerged pipeline) instruct any who might find bubbles leaking to the surface to call a certain number and to stay away from the submerged platform area while boating. The power plant in Salem used to burn coal to generate electricity. They (the power company) have switched to LNG and torn down the tall chimney. Many coastal communities have laid PVC pipe to transport and distribute LNG from the submerged platform since it is price competitive in the winter with oil.

My Ninebot battery barely gets me to the mass transit subway in Revere (before the battery management issues a speed tilt back) so I guess that's why I didn't ride on the beach in So Cal style. Much of my riding of the EUC is to 'look around' the area without using a car.  That's probably why my  videos lack artistic interest.  I'm just cruising on the EUC to places in range.

Here at the BPL (Boston Public Library) I spent the afternoon processing and uploading a merged 360 video from 4 separate videos. I couldn't find a music track of tracks that seemed appropriate so when it uploads completely in another hour I'll post it despite its artistic pitfalls. The whole video (2.75 GB) will be 360 viewable which you find freaky ....so maybe you should just skip it.

note of update:  as of last year a decommissioning request from 'Neptune' which has another LNG port in Everett was filed:

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said that Neptune LNG filed for a permit to decommission the Neptune Deepwater LNG port in U.S. waters off the coast of Marblehead, Massachusetts

http://www.lngworldnews.com/neptune-lng-seeking-permit-to-decommission-deepwater-lng-port/

Edited by Bob Eisenman
add content
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

IMG_0059.thumb.JPG.20b15f4b76a624e477ce0a3c3e4afd58.JPG

KingSong KS-16S  1020Wh.

Charging for the first time after battery extension. We'll see if it extends the range as much as I hope.

I will finish it to proper looks eventually, I promise!

1020wh??? What have you done in? 16 or 32 cells at which capacity?

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Did you guys know there are white ACMs? Now I'm in love:efeeec645d: Must get those shells somewhere...

Seen in the eroue shop in Paris.

48249.jpg

That is nice looking. Better than my black with white side panels version for sure.

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Did you guys know there are white ACMs? Now I'm in love:efeeec645d: Must get those shells somewhere...

Seen in the eroue shop in Paris.

48249.jpg

For me the red one is better, because I'm an old commie. :D

And, as you should know, everything red is magnetic for girls. That's why @Hunka Hunka Burning Love and I have red cars.  :D

• Like 3

On 9/19/2017 at 4:15 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

I can only repeat myself: if you think it's too bad weather to ride, wrap up, do it anyways, and you'll love it and be glad you didn't stay at home. EUCing is not a warm/good weather only activity at all!

I rode 7 days per week throughout the entire winter last year. I wore thermal underwear, balaclava, gloves, etc. Three days I did not ride because of snow.

I realize in some areas this would absolutely not be possible. However, here in SC, braving the winter cold is definitely possible and almost as enjoyable as summer riding!

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2017 at 2:16 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Some photos of a Paris ride on the day after the big meeting.

48760.jpg

You have no idea how interesting your photo is given that I read about your posts, your intention to attend car day and your actually being in Paris, France rather than Bavaria. I noticed that the high rise buildings were to the right of the Eiffel tower. That led me to find 'Parc de St. Cloud' on Google Earth as the photo location. Thanks for sharing the view of Paris and the Eiffel Tower. Many stock photos looking straight down the garden area from that location appear to 'not show' the Eiffel Tower which appears when viewed from the bench where your ECU's are displayed. 

https://imgoat.com/uploads/0c7c76d30b/49175.png

https://imgoat.com/uploads/0c7c76d30b/49176.png

Edited by Bob Eisenman
Sp
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Might be something for you, if you enjoy this kind of detective work.

Back in the 1980's I worked in a boarding school. The French language instructor was a Bryn Mawr (college for women) graduate. During certain free evening hours we 'teachers' would gather to play cards instead of driving to the mall.  Ms Fleming was known for her wild enthusiasm for playing poker and her large bids (pennies). My 'niece' was very young at the time and resided at a 'farm' at the school where my sister lived. Like many language instructors the Bryn Mawr graduate took a group of students to the country where their instructed language was the native tongue. She sent me a post card from 'Nice France' during one summers trip. My French language pronunciation back then  was not terribly swift but you get the idea.

Thanks for the url.