Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

14 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

In this case, I think ewheels numbers are less realistic.  In GS mode, the free spin on the Fatton is 105 kph, or 63 mph.  By subtracting 10kph (which used to be a rule if thumb for estimating a safe top speedwhen top speeds were lower), you get 95kph, or 57 mph.  I expect that this was then rounded down to 55mph.  I'm not so sure 10 kph is valid at these higher speeds - especially if field weakening is used.  My scientific wild ass guess is that the real world top speed will be in the neighborhood of 48mph and that may very well be on the hairy edge of cutout.

I'm interested in hearing what others think while we await the real world speed tests.

Thanks for this! I had a feeling the ewheels numbers are less realistic. I am considering this wheel, but the evee's top speed of 70kph is the same as my v12. Not a deal breaker. but it seems this wheel will have a decent amount more headroom. I am really interested more in the suspension. Which hopefully will allow for a bit more stability at speed on the streets in NYC with all the crappy roads. 

The make or break thing for me now will be the range. If it cant at least match my v12's range at my weight i dont know if i will bite on this. Unfortunately i am a really small guy so the sherman S was just a bit too big of a wheel for me. The Fatton will probably be the max size i am willing to take. 

• Like 1

I think that 55mph is super optimistic and if achievable it would be in only very limited circumstances. Any rider attempting to hit that speed IRL would be at over 95% chance of experiencing a cut-out.

I'm liking this wheel more & more when I see more details and videos, but I still lack a use case for a slightly smaller wheel with almost the same weight but less than 2/3 the battery capacity, so I just can't see myself buying this wheel.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I think that 55mph is super optimistic and if achievable it would be in only very limited circumstances. Any rider attempting to hit that speed IRL would be at over 95% chance of experiencing a cut-out.

I'm liking this wheel more & more when I see more details and videos, but I still lack a use case for a slightly smaller wheel with almost the same weight but less than 2/3 the battery capacity, so I just can't see myself buying this wheel.

If price isn't decider. It's a no-brainer getting bigger Sherman-S that weight only ~4kg more. :D Even 40mph is to fast for 16".. But ofc some will ride at those speeds...

Edited by Funky

23 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

By subtracting 10kph (which used to be a rule if thumb for estimating a safe top speed when top speeds were lower)

That was when the speeds were around 50km/h. I don’t think the rule of thumb to be 10km/h as much as being 20% of the free spin speed. 105 - 20% = 84km/h (52mph). That would be at the highest end of security margins though, as wheels with a limited top speed usually have the limit at around 70%. That would be 73.5km/h (46mph).

23 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

My scientific wild ass guess is that the real world top speed will be in the neighborhood of 46mph and that may very well be on the hairy edge of cutout.

I like the number you ended up with. :D Though I would generally consider that as a relatively safe safety margin. I don’t know how much the field weakening affects things though, so you could very well be right about being at the verge of an overlean.

28 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

That was when the speeds were around 50km/h. I don’t think the rule of thumb to be 10km/h as much as being 20% of the free spin speed. 105 - 20% = 84km/h (52mph). That would be at the highest end of security margins though, as wheels with a limited top speed usually have the limit at around 70%. That would be 73.5km/h (46mph).

I like the number you ended up with. :D Though I would generally consider that as a relatively safe safety margin. I don’t know how much the field weakening affects things though, so you could very well be right about being at the verge of an overlean.

I was going back and forth between 46 and 48 mph.  Too many unknowns at this point.

• Like 1

Sherman S would be incredible wheel if not...e.. "another side of the moon".. as i saw its side battery covers back end.. my first tought was "what the shitty quality"... and if you look at it closely you'll see quality is good only outside... Hope Patton would be much better

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I was going back and forth between 46 and 48 mph.  Too many unknowns at this point.

Based on Jack's review, it seems like 80kph (48 mph) is realistic.  It is good to see that it can still hold 50kph after about 60km of hard riding too.  I am liking what I'm seeing so far!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Here is a review of the Veteran Patton from Jack ex-Kingsong.

It really looks like a good wheel, I could see some riders buying it instead of the Sherman S. For me the 3,600Wh battery of the Sherman S is a 'must have' as I have gone on 100km rides a few times already since buying the Sherman S. Having a range of 70-80km would be a bit limiting. I'd be happy to have the Patton as a 3rd wheel after the Sherman S (range, speed & comfort) and V12HT (smaller & lighter) - but I don't really need to own a 3rd EUC and would rather not spend the money on one.

Still, if the range isn't an issue, maybe a Patton would be a good choice for some riders. Like I said, it really does look like it is a good wheel.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

It really looks like a good wheel, I could see some riders buying it instead of the Sherman S. For me the 3,600Wh battery of the Sherman S is a 'must have' as I have gone on 100km rides a few times already since buying the Sherman S. Having a range of 70-80km would be a bit limiting. I'd be happy to have the Patton as a 3rd wheel after the Sherman S (range, speed & comfort) and V12HT (smaller & lighter) - but I don't really need to own a 3rd EUC and would rather not spend the money on one.

Still, if the range isn't an issue, maybe a Patton would be a good choice for some riders. Like I said, it really does look like it is a good wheel.

Exactly my thoughts. 3600wh battery for me is a must have for my next wheel considering I use it for deliveries. BUT, this Patton is SICK. The crash tests they did here is no smoke and mirrors, and is solid crash testing. I love the addition of the toe jump pads! I wish they had this, or can put this, on the Sherman-S. Obviously, the 126V is extremely desirable nowadays. The ergonomics look great. Improvement in the spiked pedals. Improvement in tail llights. Amazing torque. This wheel is dope.

Is the trolley handle the same as the Sherman-S? I feel like there could have been some improvement of the trolley handle from the Sherman-S.

If they put the 126V on the Sherman-S it wouldn't have been a hard decision for me. If they added the toe jump pads, better spiked pedals from the Patton to the Sherman-S, I'd put down a deposit on the Sherman-S today.

EDIT* I see the trolley part....DUDE, IMPROVEMENT IN TROLLEY HANDLE TOO!?

A+ leaperkim

very tempting...

Edited by BKW
  • Like 3

Yeah the wheel is awesome! Same as all other heavy ones. If wheel is heavy - there's no surprise that it's powerful and capable. More weight - more power.. :yawn: You don't even need to know specs about the wheel nowadays. To see how good it is. Simply look at it's weight. :D 

But i'm personally not amazed about it. It's nothing "special" - because it's another heavy wheel.. :D In my book 40kg and 50kg is the same. Will the 10kg difference make big difference in "real world"? I think not..

Edited by Funky

1 minute ago, Funky said:

Yeah the wheel is awesome! Same as all other heavy ones. If wheel is heavy - there's no surprise that it's powerful and capable. More weight - more power.. :yawn: You don't even need to know specs about the wheel nowadays. To see how good it is. Simply look at it's weight. :D 

But i'm personally not amazed about it. It's nothing "special" - because it's another heavy wheel.. :D In my book 40kg and 50 kg is the same. Will the 10kg difference make big difference in "real world"? I think not..

Funky's next wheel is going to be gold plated, light as a feather, longer range than a semi-truck, and be able to morph into a transformer.... at that point, he may consider buying it if he feels like it (depending on what he ate that day)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BKW said:

Funky's next wheel is going to be gold plated, light as a feather, longer range than a semi-truck, and be able to morph into a transformer.... at that point, he may consider buying it if he feels like it (depending on what he ate that day)

Nah.. I don't need gold. I'm not a pimp. But rest sound quit good. Can't wait year 3000. That's okay, that i will be dead already by that time. I will ask to engrave on my tombstone to revive me when they have made that wheel.

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

Nah.. I don't need gold. I'm not a pimp. But rest sound quit good. Can't wait year 3000. That's okay, that i will be dead already by that time. I will ask to engrave on my tombstone to revive me when they have made that wheel.

By year 3000 they might have a transforming wheel indeed! Only kidding with you though -- to each their own! :)

12 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

That's the one part that I couldn't care less about. The Sherman S has 3,000W of power from 'only' 100V and after 1,250km of riding I have not once found it lacking in speed, torque or power. I just don't need any more speed or power than it has and can't see what having 126V would do for me. If I want lots of speed & power then I have my 1,000cc motorcycle for that

I guess the extra voltage is a bit like a 1000cc will hit the same speed as a 600cc but gets there with less effort, better torque and less stress on the motor so giving a more comfortable ride. The Sherman-S with a higher voltage is very compelling.

My concern with this new wheel is all the holes in the battery cases but maybe that is pre production details for the jumping mechanism.

It has got lots of bolts and screws bolted in the cases though irrespective. Hopefully the teardown will show this is nothing to worry about re water resistance.

Otherwise another great, well built, robust wheel next to the V13 to make everyone else take more notice. The next couple of years are very encouraging.

and yet, ANOTHER euc released from another manufacturer...

its abit lighter (90lbs) and cause its a suspended veteran euc,  the quality of the suspension should be of high standards.  this gives me more to mull over since it is a smaller wheeled euc with good performance.  i was considering either a smaller suspended wheel or a huge performance wheel.  perhaps this 'patton' will be an euc that will better fit my requirements for upgrading from my ancient tesla V2...  for me, its not about the performance numbers but about what im getting for what im spending.  i have to wait and see more online reviews of this wheel.  but it looks very promising but the next production batch for 2024 would be my time to buy, if i were to go in this direction.  quality and liveability,  not how fast this thing can go.  any speed over 60kph is plenty fast for me.  if i wanted to go faster, carry my friends to a bar or restaurant, i will grab my old 4runner w/manual transmission.  and wave in a friendly manner to the euc rider i pass as i make my way to the expressway...

i hope the patton gets rave reviews about the suspension... my old knees are abit more sensitive to irregularities in the roads these days....a quality suspended wheel of medium size and height,  moderate performance numbers.... thats my preference and ambition...crossing fingers and waiting for more reviews in the coming months....

• Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh