Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

41 minutes ago, Marek Mazur said:

When I start riding (fully charged wheel) on the display I can see "FULL" , there is no beep. I break very gently. Should i be worried about it ? I have newest firmware

Voltage alarm default is 124V, it's safe to change it to 126V in display menu just take it seriously when it actually triggers.

If you have early batch Patton (like batch 2-3) then you will fry the controller if you go above 127.5V, if you have later version Patton nothing will happen overcurrent goes into battery packs instead like every other wheel.

If you trigger alarm you can also accelerate out of it.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2024 at 2:30 PM, Marek Mazur said:

When I start riding (fully charged wheel) on the display I can see "FULL" , there is no beep. I break very gently. Should i be worried about it ? I have newest firmware

The beep for overcharge is set to a voltage limit.  IMO if you are braking gently you shouldn't be worried. Ride carefully until use 5% of voltage.  When the overcharge warning was first added the default was such that it would beep in the situation you have described.

i've been riding my patton for about 5 months now and one thing i notice is even when i charge to 95% +, and i go riding at 35mph +, even in warm/moderate temperatures the battery meter drops A LOT. later when i come back to the wheel after it's been off a while, i see the battery meter is back up near full. is this just a software glitch? or is my headroom for pushing the wheel actaully a lot lower when that meter drops low during the ride?

anyone else have this experience?

On 4/26/2024 at 3:14 PM, Rawnei said:

Voltage alarm default is 124V, it's safe to change it to 126V in display menu just take it seriously when it actually triggers.

If you have early batch Patton (like batch 2-3) then you will fry the controller if you go above 127.5V, if you have later version Patton nothing will happen overcurrent goes into battery packs instead like every other wheel.

If you trigger alarm you can also accelerate out of it.

How would I know what batch Patton I have?  I bought mine from Ewheels in November last year.  I changed the value to 126v and haven't had an issue with it since.  

15 minutes ago, Bigkidneys said:

How would I know what batch Patton I have?  I bought mine from Ewheels in November last year.  I changed the value to 126v and haven't had an issue with it since.  

Check the date on the motor, Patton manufactured after August 8th 2023 was changed and overvoltage protection on the BMS was removed.

@Rawnei

I noticed you sold you Patton.

In your opinion, for strictly street riding with speeds primarily below 50 km/h, but only occasional bursts to 60's km/h, which would be the better wheel for commuting in the city, Patton, or the Lynx? And does your opinion change if prices of the wheels are also taken into account? Thanks.

28 minutes ago, techyiam said:

@Rawnei

I noticed you sold you Patton.

In your opinion, for strictly street riding with speeds primarily below 50 km/h, but only occasional bursts to 60's km/h, which would be the better wheel for commuting in the city, Patton, or the Lynx? And does your opinion change if prices of the wheels are also taken into account? Thanks.

To me they are very similar wheels, on the Lynx you get more of everything, if price is not an issue Lynx is the obvious choice for me, if price is of consideration Patton is not a bad wheel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

To me they are very similar wheels, on the Lynx you get more of everything, if price is not an issue Lynx is the obvious choice for me, if price is of consideration Patton is not a bad wheel.

Thanks. That is helpful.

I am currently riding an S22 (3.3 kW motor & Hou Ningning slider), and would like my next wheel to be an upgrade, at least a little.

Would you consider the Patton to be an upgrade to my S22 for my the use case I mentioned above? If the Patton isn't, would the Lynx be an upgrade?

17 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Thanks. That is helpful.

I am currently riding an S22 (3.3 kW motor & Hou Ningning slider), and would like my next wheel to be an upgrade, at least a little.

Would you consider the Patton to be an upgrade to my S22 for my the use case I mentioned above? If the Patton isn't, would the Lynx be an upgrade?

What you described you can already do on the S22, if that was my only use-case I would keep the S22, potentially upgrade the motor if I wanted more torque.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 4:52 PM, RhoadsNRoses82 said:

i've been riding my patton for about 5 months now and one thing i notice is even when i charge to 95% +, and i go riding at 35mph +, even in warm/moderate temperatures the battery meter drops A LOT. later when i come back to the wheel after it's been off a while, i see the battery meter is back up near full. is this just a software glitch? or is my headroom for pushing the wheel actaully a lot lower when that meter drops low during the ride?

anyone else have this experience?

Do you have 50E cells?  What you are experiencing is called battery sag.  With sag, the voltage drops when a load is applied.  Once the load is removed, the battery voltage will go back up to its resting state voltage.  The amount of voltage sag for a given load will vary based on battery chemistry.  The 50E cells sag more than 50S cells.  

The sag isn't too big of a deal when the state of charge (SOC) is near fully charged, but be cautious as the SOC drops below about 30%.  I like to take it easy below 40% personally, but that is fairly conservative.  Pushing too hard at low SOC can lead to what the community typically refers to as an over lean.  The wheel can't sustain enough voltage to keep the wheel balanced and it drops the rider on their face.  The risk increases as the SOC gets lower.

• Upvote 1