Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

50 minutes ago, Spiwrs said:

Thanks for the help. 

I decided to 3D print the attachment as I received a 3D printer for Christmas (AnkerMake M5C which is amazing as it has printed out everything flawlessly in TPU, PETG and PLA when I have never used a printer before). 

The 3D file was https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6119232

I also highly recommend if you have an Apple Watch to buy ARadarWatch app as you don’t need a iPhone any more as it connects directly to your watch and shows how fast the car is approaching and its distance with warning alerts.  It’s much more detailed than the Garmin app and I wouldn’t ride without it on any roads.

IMG_0246.jpeg

Interesting. Could you share more pictures of your nice work ? 😁

I’m still looking for someone who could design something to attach the Varia on the S22. @Rawnei maybe it’s time to buy a Varia and design support for your wheels ? 😁😎

I will check the app for Apple Watch. Nevertheless when I use the Varia it’s during my long rides outside cities and in that case I use my Epix Pro to connected directly with the wheel (with WheelDash data field), with Garmin navigation to follow a gpx and record my activity. 

3 hours ago, OliG said:

I’m still looking for someone who could design something to attach the Varia on the S22. @Rawnei maybe it’s time to buy a Varia and design support for your wheels ? 😁😎

I will check the app for Apple Watch. Nevertheless when I use the Varia it’s during my long rides outside cities and in that case I use my Epix Pro to connected directly with the wheel (with WheelDash data field), with Garmin navigation to follow a gpx and record my activity. 

Haha, I'm sure there's someone with one that is capable.

What even is Varia? Googling it gives pretty mixed results.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Haha, I'm sure there's someone with one that is capable.

What even is Varia? Googling it gives pretty mixed results.

It’s a radar that can pick up multiple vehicles approaching from behind and warn you on how fast they are approaching.  It would be ideal where you live as the car density seems very low due to its weakness which is cities with too much traffic. 

I ride only only on countryside roads so it’s perfect for me but the downside is the speed limit is 70mph while it’s 20mph on all other roads (I live in Wales where the new road speed is 20mph). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OliG said:

I can take more pictures if you want but if you click on the 3D file it will show it in full detail. 

I picked this version as the gap is tight so it won’t come of unless forced off.  Just put cable ties or Velcro straps to keep it attached in the small gap and the Patton handle.  

• Like 1

Any patton owner does have the issue it will stop charging at 120V on (screen) , measured both packs read 118.7 Volts each.

I plugged in the charger and at right the 120V (on screen) it drops to 119.1V (on screen) charger turns green and then tries to charge again.

Tried other chargers same issue :( 

1 hour ago, LaveyZFG said:

Any patton owner does have the issue it will stop charging at 120V on (screen) , measured both packs read 118.7 Volts each.

I plugged in the charger and at right the 120V (on screen) it drops to 119.1V (on screen) charger turns green and then tries to charge again.

Joint the Veteran Sherman Club telegram channel.   All Leaperkim wheels are included in the discussions. Ask your question there as the response will be quicker.
https://t.me/veteranUS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaveyZFG said:

These sorta battery/BMS problems I generally advice people to contact their reseller to get proper support from LeaperKim.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rawnei said:

These sorta battery/BMS problems I generally advice people to contact their reseller to get proper support from LeaperKim.

Yes email prepared for eWheels tomorrow first thing.

Just asking around if someone has experienced same situation

On 1/28/2024 at 4:07 AM, LaveyZFG said:

I had the same problem. In my case it is a BMS failure. You can check for it in the advanced menu in the Patton. Hold the lower left button for a few secounds and you reach the normal menu. Hold it even longer and you reach the advanced menu. Press the upper left button to access and scroll through the pages. Eventually there are two pages with "111 bl" and "111 br" for left and right battery pack. If one or both read 0 instead of 111, this side is faulty.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Mossi said:

I had the same problem. In my case it is a BMS failure. You can check for it in the advanced menu in the Patton. Hold the lower left button for a few secounds and you reach the normal menu. Hold it even longer and you reach the advanced menu. Press the upper left button to access and scroll through the pages. Eventually there are two pages with "111 bl" and "111 br" for left and right battery pack. If one or both read 0 instead of 111, this side is faulty.

Thank You! Yup, im on the same boat 0 on the left pack , taking my patton to my service center eWheels is taking care of it. Such a bummer but … nothing is perfect 

2 hours ago, LaveyZFG said:

Beautiful Patton Battery Packs, 

IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

I can't really tell from the pictures... Is that adhesive on the BMS boards or is the conformal coating coming off?  

14 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I can't really tell from the pictures... Is that adhesive on the BMS boards or is the conformal coating coming off?  

Adhesive, I was at the service center when they took out the battery pack and checked the whole unwrapping

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaveyZFG said:

Adhesive, I was at the service center when they took out the battery pack and checked the whole unwrapping

You guys have a service center in PR?  

Has anyone removed the kickstand? Is it a vital component for rigidity? I want to get rid of the pointy things, preparing myself for cutout and the euc on my back...

14 minutes ago, Kataja said:

Has anyone removed the kickstand? Is it a vital component for rigidity? I want to get rid of the pointy things, preparing myself for cutout and the euc on my back...

Just don't cut out, Problem solved. with all the apps, safely margin alerts and BT headsets/earbuds absolutely nobody should be cutting out on these things..     

1 hour ago, Kataja said:

Well another thing is that I want to get into halfpipes / spines and also quick drops on stairs and ledges without fear.

People do these things on Sherman S and Patton without clipping the kickstand (myself included) so I don't think you need to be concerned about that.

8 hours ago, LaveyZFG said:

Glad to hear that it isn't the conformal coating!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 5:48 PM, Rollin-on-1 said:

Glad to hear that it isn't the conformal coating!

Should have video'd the process, quite a beautiful pack, even though total battery pack n00b , but can appreciate the design packaging and stuff lol

13 hours ago, LaveyZFG said:

Yes, Xtreme Scooters  they do all eWheels warranty services here in PR 

So you think they would rent an euc?  Id love to have one next time I visit 

16 hours ago, Wgm said:

So you think they would rent an euc?  Id love to have one next time I visit 

Try contacting them via Facebook/Instagram, really dont know if they are renting EUC's

I found some pedal spikes on Amazon and got thinking about adding them to the stock pedals. I like the stock pedals but am wondering how drilling holes to add these spikes would affect the structural integrity of the pedals themselves, since compared to many others, there isn't much material to work with. Any thoughts?