Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

Hello after some time i want ask if PATTON have some important FW update what is must have?

I am still on factory FW and no feel like problem hard break alarm becasue i "burn" 2-5 Volts wery fast after my ride start. Yes loud beeps is no fun but i use my patton not in city/shoping for this i still use my KS16X.

Is there some important uptade except overvoltage beeps in last 6 months?

I found this on French forum:

004.0.16 description de la version ---> 1 : améliorer la fiabilité de la communication avec la batterie
004.0.15 version description--->1 : nouvelle version du journal 2 : ajout d'une fonction de protection de l'angle de réglage de l'application
fonction
004.0.13 Description--->1 : Corriger la nouvelle erreur de mode de protocole APP
APP 2 : Optimiser la fonction de réparation des anomalies de Hall 3 : Plus silencieux
Silence
004.0.12 description de la version --->1 : Correction du problème de désalignement du mode APP
problème de désalignement du mode APP 2 : le rappel de pleine tension peut être désactivé pour une tension réglable

What i undeerstand  is translate from chinese to french very simple way.

What FW 15 and 16 ralimage.thumb.jpeg.e451940b3df9d5f64118173cc685e481.jpegy do some fix previous FW or is about new batch pattons?

Can i safely just ignore this updates? 

Can anyone recommend what is the comfiest seat for the Patton?

I purchased the seat from EUCCrazy and it looks great but  riding on it is as though you are sitting on a brick with a thin layer of foam and my rear aches after 10 minutes.

My worst purchase in a long while. 

6 hours ago, Spiwrs said:

I purchased the seat from EUCCrazy and it looks great but  riding on it is as though you are sitting on a brick with a thin layer of foam and my rear aches after 10 minutes.

I just added a Surron Luna seat to my Patton. Saw someone did it to their Sherman Max and it works for the Patton as well. I haven’t learned how to ride seated yet but plan soon. This one sits up much higher and is much more comfy compared to the Bidoux seat I have in it now.

IMG_1660.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigkidneys said:

IMG_1664.jpeg

IMG_1663.jpeg

A word of caution with Surron on Patton - the nylon handles are put under a lot of stress and there is at least 1 instance of the handles breaking while riding seated.  Any Patton seat should be supported by the top cover to releive stress on the handles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spiwrs said:

Thank you so much for the photos. I will go the surron seat route as I value seated riding comfort over seeing my screen. 

You may also want to take a look at Grizzla and Nylonova.  I have the shorter Grizzla and it works well for me.  I know someone else that got the taller Grizzla and it was too tall for their preference.  We are both around 5'8" for reference.

I think if I had the pedal lowering kit on my Patton the seat height would be perfect.

It is 3D printed with a very flexible filament.  I haven't ridden long distances seated yet, but I think it is pretty comfy.

I haven't seen the Nylonova in person so I can't speak to it, but it is similar and I'd imagine it works well too.  Both attach to the rear handle and sit directly on the top cover and distribute the load.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

A word of caution with Surron on Patton - the nylon handles are put under a lot of stress and there is at least 1 instance of the handles breaking while riding seated.  Any Patton seat should be supported by the top cover to releive stress on the handles.

I actually have the Bidou seat on the top cover so it acts as padding when you lay the Luna seat down.    Haven't tried it yet since I don't know how to ride seated yet but it looks and feels comfy so far.

14 minutes ago, Bigkidneys said:

I actually have the Bidou seat on the top cover so it acts as padding when you lay the Luna seat down.    Haven't tried it yet since I don't know how to ride seated yet but it looks and feels comfy so far.

That's not enough, it needs firm support to spread the load over shell and handles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I have the shorter Grizzla and it works well for me.  I know someone else that got the taller Grizzla and it was too tall for their preference.  We are both around 5'8" for reference.

I think if I had the pedal lowering kit on my Patton the seat height would be perfect.

The tall grizzla seat is what i ended up with.  It's plenty comfortable so far but I'm still early in the learning process.  I'm about 6'4" and so far i can start out seated and stand up moving but getting down has only worked once so far.  I've had the seat hang up on my pants while standing a few times.  That caused a bit of mental distraction that could have made things go wrong.

I think the pedal lowering kit is in my future...

On 3/1/2024 at 12:14 AM, Spiwrs said:

I have the short grizzla. Its plenty comfortable. It is a tad bit too short (for me) but you get used to the seated position after a bit. I did just order the pedal lowering kit, I will report back once it comes in. I have a feeling the two together may be a good match. 

I haven't tried the taller grizzla seat, but I can say the comfort level is decent even with the smaller one. 

The Grizzla seats dont cover the whole top of the wheel though. It is only on the backside of the wheel. I am not sure if that is a deal breaker for you or not as someone who values seated riding! 

2 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I have the short grizzla. Its plenty comfortable. It is a tad bit too short (for me) but you get used to the seated position after a bit. I did just order the pedal lowering kit, I will report back once it comes in. I have a feeling the two together may be a good match. 

I am very interested in your experience with the pedal lowering kit.  Are you also ordering the larger toe blocks?  My biggest hesitation to ordering the pedal lowering kit is the string of other things that leads to me spending a lot of money.

If I'm getting pedal lowering, I need the larger toe blocks to stay locked in.  If I'm trying get locked in, I may as well get the after market spiked pedals.  After all these accessories have me riding faster and more aggressively, I'll need to upgrade my hand and wrist protection and add a cyclops light see where I'm going.  After spending that much, I'll realize that I could have bought a 50S Lynx for what I have in my Patton.  😁😁😁

...maybe it's better if I keep things like they are. 🤔🤔🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I am very interested in your experience with the pedal lowering kit.  Are you also ordering the larger toe blocks?  My biggest hesitation to ordering the pedal lowering kit is the string of other things that leads to me spending a lot of money.

If I'm getting pedal lowering, I need the larger toe blocks to stay locked in.  If I'm trying get locked in, I may as well get the after market spiked pedals.  After all these accessories have me riding faster and more aggressively, I'll need to upgrade my hand and wrist protection and add a cyclops light see where I'm going.  After spending that much, I'll realize that I could have bought a 50S Lynx for what I have in my Patton.  😁😁😁

...maybe it's better if I keep things like they are. 🤔🤔🤔

I am getting the grizzla toe blocks. I ride with no pads and not fully locked in. I am one of the few who really doesn't enjoy being fully locked in. 

The lowering kit is supposed to ship in a week or so. It is a bit back ordered, but I will definitely update you with how it effects the stock toe block, and the updated grizzla one. I am not sure if the grizzla one is actually larger or if it is just a bit cozier. But I can shoot an update in this thread once everything comes in! 

I hear you about all of these addons and cost. It is one of the things I have issues with when buying a new wheel. I always wind up spending a bunch of extra cash on some add ons. I have been really limiting what I buy extra these days. I went back and forth on new spiked pedals, etc... I ended up only getting the top shock covers, and seat. Now I decided on the toe blocks and lowering kit. I am not sure I will get anything else. I usually regret it afterwards, but I really don't see myself upgrading from patton for quite a while. It is the first wheel I purchased that I haven't felt the need to have more after riding for a while. let's see how long the satisfaction lasts heheh

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, EucRiders said:

Where have you got .stl for toe extenders? I need for patton

I purchased them from Hulaj Market.  They are Nylonove.

You may be able to find them on Thingiverse under "Jump Pads"

9 minutes ago, Bigkidneys said:

I purchased them from Hulaj Market.  They are Nylonove.

You may be able to find them on Thingiverse under "Jump Pads"

Aww, come on ... we both realize that this sport is now going to require a 3d printer :P  Bambu is now showing the A1 available in May - wish I had ordered one BEFORE they did the 'cord recall'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EucRiders said:

Where have you got .stl for toe extenders? I need for patton

Maybe you missed it but I made one 3D printable design for footlock extenders here:

• 1 month later...

I would not stick with exact numbers, as they only represents what voltmeter shows. If voltmeter with bad precission, it could be. To be correct, measure battery with HIGH precission (0.015%) voltmeter and tune display settings on euc to match.

On 4/15/2024 at 9:24 PM, GottaWay said:

Is the Patton comfortable cruising at 35-45mph? 

How low into the battery can 35-40mph be achieved (50s cells)?

For me 35 - 42 mph is sustainable.  I have 50E cells so I'm not comfortable pushing past 44mph.  It could be different with 50S.  I can push high 30's mph until about 40% battery, then I calm TF down until I charge. YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1