Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

3 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

The dimensions have been published.  Seems like it may be easier and more accurate to scale from those?  

Probably. Too lazy to use anything else other than drag drop pinch to zoom on my phone tho

• Like 1

So, I would assume after looking at the specs that LK has gone with metal like with the Sherman S having Magnesium Alloy, but it seems that for some reason they have decided to use cast iron for the Patton?

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 12:39 AM, Kekafuch said:

The Patton won’t be heavy when LeaperKim releases their next 126V iterations of the Sherman S and Abrams S. Imagine they up the capacity of the Sherman S to 4000wh and Abrams to 4400wh. 

I think the Abrams is finished RIP

On 3/14/2023 at 5:24 PM, Flygonial said:

I was gonna right a bunch of math out but Cobaltsaber already outlined everything more concisely, the only thing I'd add is that since a higher voltage pack would draw proportionately less current for the same wattage, each cell would be under less stress anyways and would likely have similar sag to the pack with more in parallel. As has already been stated, people usually feel encouraged to ride higher voltage wheels more aggressively and that would end up eating battery faster and you'd likely see more sag as a result, but the fact that the power is there is the main benefit.

That aside, I feel there is another argument to be made for 100V's favor, that being smaller chargers. Many of us already carry a lot to group rides and the charger is often among the heaviest things we carry around. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it is something. At at the end of the day, you too are entitled to your own opinion even if I think 126V is fine.

Wont more cells in series increase internal resistance and heat?

23 minutes ago, M1thr4ndr said:

Yes, I actually ended up realizing this in between writing that comment and seeing your response. In the long-term, I can see higher discharge cells (than the 2C ish ones we see in most wheels by default) becoming standard for higher voltage 4P wheels as power continues to ramp up. We’ve already seen struggles with the Master, for example (even if there were plenty of other problems with the wheel anyways :cry2:).

16 minutes ago, M1thr4ndr said:

As stated by @Flygonial one has less current for the same wattage with more cells in series.

So despite the higher resistance one has less heat (dissipated power) by the lower current.

Depends of course on all the specific details of the systems to be compared - same motor no load speed and/or stall torque. Or the same motor with different batteries... If it's a "fair" comparison the high voltage system will win.

Like for power transmission lines high voltages are used. The more power and the longer the distance the higher the voltage to cut losses.

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

As stated by @Flygonial one has less current for the same wattage with more cells in series.

So despite the higher resistance one has less heat (dissipated power) by the lower current.

Depends of course on all the specific details of the systems to be compared - same motor no load speed and/or stall torque. Or the same motor with different batteries... If it's a "fair" comparison the high voltage system will win.

Like for power transmission lines high voltages are used. The more power and the longer the distance the higher the voltage to cut losses.

Oh right that’s pretty much I^2*R :wacko:. That’s not to say that concern over increased internal resistance isn’t an issue at all: does apply for when you up the power level in general by allowing for more aggressive accelerations and higher top speeds, but for relatively pedestrian loads a higher voltage wheel’s increased internal resistance is overridden by the effect of lower current.

After the warranty expires, how would this wheel compare to the EX30 in terms of replacing tires, motherboards, and so forth? Easier to replace, more difficult, or about the same? The liquid shock, I assume, would be just fine without needing any repair.

Passing alongs some videos that were posted to telegram.  They are probably all over FB by now too:

https://t.me/veteranUS/69695

https://t.me/veteranUS/69696

https://t.me/veteranUS/69701

https://t.me/veteranUS/69702

https://t.me/veteranUS/69703

After taking a ride on the Sherman-S today, I find myself somewhat interested in the Fatton again.

• Upvote 1

Here is another video. The Patton could be considered as a mountain climber with great torque and suspension, very strong (39kg of cast iron XD), and more agility than the sherman, don't you think? That's my way of understanding what will be its differentiating style.

Since the front side has a big metal handle for hand-holding, I assume that when the wheel is turned on, one can hold the handle and pull the wheel up -- to climb a flight of stairs slowly step-by-step without having to lift the whole wheel by the two handles.

• Upvote 1

Do I sell my 16x and v8s to get this??....or my MSP ?  I dont know if i could bring myslef to do it.  These wheels are perfect

.......Patton looks pretty perfect too though....

19 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Do I sell my 16x and v8s to get this??....or my MSP ?  I dont know if i could bring myslef to do it.  These wheels are perfect

.......Patton looks pretty perfect too though....

So you wanna sell 16X and get something heavier? Do you need the speed/performance of the Fattson? If yes sure get it. But at that weight i would get real Sherman-S. :D 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 11:52 AM, M1thr4ndr said:

If its 18’’ tire its gonna be the same total height with sherman s, see belowimage.thumb.jpeg.ebcca442dd3b24cfa0f4b15840a223de.jpeg

If it is the same height as a Sherman S, I wonder if that means it will have more suspension travel than?

16 inch, 126v, 130mm travel??  It would be absolutely unmatched for offroad riding.

38 minutes ago, Funky said:

So you wanna sell 16X and get something heavier? Do you need the speed/performance of the Fattson? If yes sure get it. But at that weight i would get real Sherman-S. :D 

Yeah this wheel would be redundant to my Sherman S which is already torquey, nimble and amazing offroad.   The 16x and V8s take care of my shorter last-mile type rides in a way that this couldnt - they just arent comparable. 

Edited by wstuart

2 minutes ago, wstuart said:

If it is the same height as a Sherman S, I wonder if that means it will have more suspension travel than?

16 inch, 126v, 130mm travel??  It would be absolutely unmatched for offroad riding.

You can already see the pedals are higher - about same travel, or less.

8 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Since the front side has a big metal handle for hand-holding, I assume that when the wheel is turned on, one can hold the handle and pull the wheel up -- to climb a flight of stairs slowly step-by-step without having to lift the whole wheel by the two handles.

Pulling up usually just get the tire to slip, and thus spin. To get the needed traction, you need to push the tire into the front edge of the next step, and push on the rear handle to do it so that you can also generate a forward torque as well to trigger the motor to drive the wheel up.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jmsjms said:

I don't know...i did a burnout with a friend's Sherman-S trying that today. I wish they would have a lift spin button to disable the balancing as well as a stair assist button that will allow you to roll it up stairs without the risk of a burnout.

16 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I wish they would have a lift spin button to disable the balancing

That's pretty much my only gripe about the Sherman S so far. It doesn't sound like a big inconvenience at first until you get used to having it on your other wheel (V11).

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh