Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

13 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Eevees says the patton is actually an 18x3 tire? Im confused now. So it uses the same tire as the sherman, but instead of it being 20" size they call it 16"? This naming nomenclature always sucked. All 18" and 20" wheels could be used interchangeably

So is the pattan actually an 18" wheel disguised as a 16" wheel? That means its more like an s22 instead of being like a T4 like we all wanted

256A1E05-6D9C-46A9-B45D-2148DFC5BBD0.jpeg

Funny enough.. If this is true, I am more interested in this wheel.. But at the same time kind of proves my point about the sherman s.. 

Interesting, if it is an 18" wheel then it is just a side-step from the Sherman. It makes it less interesting to me because it would be the same size wheel, but with a big loss in battery capacity to gain a small weight reduction - totally not worth it IMO.

• Upvote 1

It has a 12" rim same size as T4, however the tire is fat knobby with 18" diameter. I think the Patton is meant to compete with Master not T4. It has about same battery size and high 126 voltage system with higher speed and probably high torque motor which explain added weight.

So it's more racing wheel like a Master not trail wheel like a T4

• Like 2

These conflicting rumors are not helping.

If it is truly 86 lbs, then it weighs the same as the Sherman Max.

For a lost of some battery capacity, you get in return a good suspension in the Patton.

Until we more information on the Patton, or it gets reviewed, it is going to be hard to say which class of wheels it belongs to.

4 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Eevees says the patton is actually an 18x3 tire? Im confused now. So it uses the same tire as the sherman, but instead of it being 20" size they call it 16"? This naming nomenclature always sucked. All 18" and 20" wheels could be used interchangeably

Maybe we are missing the point. From the photo if it is an 18" tyre then the wheel [motor] is 16" as there is no sign of spokes traditionally seen on 14" motor rims found on our 18" wheels. This would imply a bigger whole new motor type and what ever that brings.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Maybe we are missing the point. From the photo if it is an 18" tyre then the wheel [motor] is 16" as there is no sign of spokes traditionally seen on 14" motor rims found on our 18" wheels. This would imply a bigger whole new motor type and what ever that brings.

That would mean an even more weird tire size that is limited and difficult to source. I guess we should wait for more information and wait for the demo unit to be shown instead of just a render. It seems like whatever they are calling it 16", 18", whatever it is, this wheel is not the T4 competitor we were all hoping for. The pattan is more of an s22 and master competitor which is a bit of a letdown for many

EEVEES is currently taking preorders for the Veteran Patton. 

They want $4200 CAD. That's a $300 discount for preordering.

Some of the spec's listed include the following:

(1) Magnesium Alloy shell and pedals. 

(2) Overall diameter of the tire is 18".  Rim should take a 3.00-12 tire. (Note that the V12 tire size is 2.75-12 tire.)

(3) FastAce suspension is borrowed from the Sherman-S. 

(4) 62 lbs or 66 lbs coil spring options.

(5) Estimated top speed is 70 km/h. 

Link to the Veteran Patton webpage at EEVEES

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

The Patton won’t be heavy when LeaperKim releases their next 126V iterations of the Sherman S and Abrams S. Imagine they up the capacity of the Sherman S to 4000wh and Abrams to 4400wh. 

1 minute ago, Kekafuch said:

The Patton won’t be heavy when LeaperKim releases their next 126V iterations of the Sherman S and Abrams S. Imagine they up the capacity of the Sherman S to 4000wh and Abrams to 4400wh. 

I kind of feel like these EUCs are reaching a top limit of battery life. This distance is already pretty far for the larger models, it'll add more weight, more money, and at what point do you just buy a motorcycle at that point?

• Upvote 3

An "Abrams S" with 4800wh would be pretty cool and it would be a worthy challenger to the mighty Master Pro if LK can make it happen. It would weigh an absolute ton but to anyone buying a wheel in that class, they would already expect that

Edited by Clem604

All this confusion, crystal ball gazing, and goat-entrail reading, every time LeapMotionSongWay conceives of the hint of a suggestion of an idea for a new wheel,.

My pickup truck just goes "vroom vroom," looks purty, carries my stuff with the strength of 405 horses, and loves unconditionally.

:efeeec645d:

Yeah, it doesn't look like the Patton will competing with the traditional 16" wheels. The weight and prices are clearly indicating otherwise. 

I wonder how it will fair against its rivals such as the S22 Pro and the Master?

3 hours ago, Clem604 said:

An "Abrams S" with 4800wh would be pretty cool and it would be a worthy challenger to the mighty Master Pro if LK can make it happen. It would weigh an absolute ton but to anyone buying a wheel in that class, they would already expect that

The Master Pro is seemingly gradually building up demand in the US market for 4800Wh cruisers. The Master Pro sells OK at Alienrides.

I think the riders who enjoy extended long rides, and the riders who participate in ultra high speeds group rides would be candidates for such a machine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

Fuck that..

Like every coin has two sides. Same can be said about riders.

Some enjoy big large wheels that cost 4000$++ And weights ~150lbs. And can be ridden whole day.

Some enjoy slower lightweight wheels. For simple commute. That doesn't need big range. And motorcycle speeds.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm with you @Funky

But I guess they think we have plenty of choices already for short commutes and lightweight. 

what they don't have is transatlantic autonomy, so they build that way .

the problem is us. We want a new wheel we don't really need.. we don't go fast or far, do why give us security, quality and stability 🤣?

but I see why the Fatton should sell well. The Sherman s suspension at 1k$ less

Edited by LeGiroquoi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LeGiroquoi said:

I'm with you @Funky

But I guess they think we have plenty of choices already for short commutes and lightweight. 

what they don't have is transatlantic autonomy, so they build that way .

the problem is us. We want a new wheel we don't really need.. we don't go fast or far, do why give us security, quality and stability 🤣?

but I see why the Fatton should sell well. The Sherman s suspension at 1k$ less

1k$ is nothing if you don't buy new wheel every year. Some of us buy one wheel and keep it for next 5 years. Or till we find something better. Be faster for same amount of weight. Bigger battery for same weight. Anything better and lighter. If we don't get that - we don't even look at new wheels, let alone thinking about buying it.

I and my father are against suspension wheels in general. Because they are only problems.. Doesn't help all new releases have suspension and are over 30kg..

In our eyes there have not been any new wheels released over many years. Simply because they don't have what we want - Lighter wheel same performance. Or better performance speed/range/power for the same weight. (If my 18xl weights 25kg, i want something that performs better in 20-30kg range. Or are lighter for the same performance. Helps if the new wheels have real smart BMS and all the new technology.)

If the new release doesn't have that - we don't even think about buying it. Till we get what we want. (Because our old wheel does the job taking us from A to B.)

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

On 3/13/2023 at 5:52 PM, jimjam.nyc said:

None of these manufacturers are committing to long term support of their products..

Making new wheels that have improvements over the old ones has nothing to do with support. Of course they will support the 100V S and make spare parts, just like they would if the Patton were 100V as well.

They are literally out dating their own products

So you think that a manufacturer shouldn’t come out with a product that has a single better spec than a previous product?

on purpose to get people to purchase the next one not even 6 months later.

The Patton probably won’t be out before fall. And how is making a new product forcing you to buy anything? The 100V S will be just as good no matter what the Patton specs are.

We’re not buying a subscription service. We’re buying a product at the time of the purchase. All manufacturers will come up with better products later on. That’s how manufacturing has always been.

My 84V V11 is just as relevant today than it was almost three years ago. Still the best wheel in it’s class, and the best wheel for me.

I guess we can give begode some credit for updating battery boxes and stuff on some of their wheels

You sound like no spare parts being made for your version of the wheel is a good thing…

23 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

The choice to go fwd with the S and not hold off a few extra weeks/months seems like a cash grab to me.

So, how much time should there be between the old model launch and a different size model announcement?

I don't doubt 126v was not ready in time for the S, but it sure got up to snuff pretty quickly after..

Don’t forget, the Patton is still several months out. This was just an announcement, not a product launch.

Now, i am not one to chase voltage or speed..

Sounds a whole lot as if you were.

I find it really kind of crappy to release a $4,000 wheel with a system that is lesser than a cheaper wheel coming out 4 months later..

Again, you are measuring the time between a product launch and a new product announcement.

22 hours ago, Funky said:

That's not how it works. 6kg will be 6 kg. :D 

What… now you’re saying that aluminum is as heavy as lead??? U crazy d00d!

15 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

They are just playing number games the way all the 18" wheels became 19" then 20".

This is just ridiculous… I guess we should applaud them for consistency, being that they call all their wheels 2” larger than they are.

You don’t call the tire a 18x3” tire when actual 18x3” tires already exist and are very different in size, not fitting the wheel. 16x3” tires fit, so it’s a 16x3” wheel.

15 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I hope everyone can put this 18" wheel silliness to rest.

Exactly. A certain recipe for misunderstandings.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

@mrelwood all though i really want to go into every quote of mine you counterpointed and offer a response. Since they were just opinions of mine as a consumer of these wheels, I will avoid the usual back and forth that takes place on this forum over conflicting opinions on things.  I do get what you are saying on a lot of it, but in reality its just one point I was trying to make.. If I purchased the sherman s at 100v. I think i would be a bit off put to see a 126v wheel coming out so soon after from the same company. 

I know its just an announcement.. But 2 shops are offering pre-orders with availability in may. I get it will most likely be later than that, but these are the dates they are saying. 

On another note. I know you think i sound like i am chasing the speed and voltage specs.. But i am yet to purchase a higher voltage or speed wheel. I even mentioned earlier in the thread that it looks like these wheels are still a no-go for me. The Patton so far is the closest I can see as one i may buy.. But i will wait to see what inmotion and kingsong have to offer. 

To throw in something new. Has anyone noticed free motions pre-order offering up fire-retardant coating and waterproof batteries for this wheel? Do you think that the other shops will offer similar?

Edited by jimjam.nyc
spelling
  • Upvote 1

I personally don't care if it's 100V or 126V or 134V.. what ever.

I'll take 18" wheel which has 100V, over 16" wheel which has 126V. (Heck i would take 100V over 126V in general.)

Doesn't bigger voltage drain batteries faster? My 84V wheel isn't limiting my in any way. You gain more torque and things like that, with bigger voltage.. (If I'm not mistaken.) But what else?

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Funky said:

I personally don't care if it's 100V or 126V or 134V.. what ever.

I'll take 18" wheel which has 100V, over 16" wheel which has 126V. (Heck i would take 100V over 126V in general.)

Doesn't bigger voltage drain batteries faster? My 84V wheel isn't limiting my in any way. You gain more torque and things like that, with bigger voltage.. (If I'm not mistaken.) But what else?

I literally wouldn't know the difference between 126v and 100v if it slapped me in the face. I am not sure if it drains battery quicker or what the actual differences are. I just know the people who are spending 4k on 20+ inch wheels seem to prefer the higher voltages and even swear by them.  Which is why I was in the opinion that some of the Sherman S crowd may be a bit miffed with this announcement.  I am sure not everyone cares, but the begode customer, which i feel there is a ton of overlap into the veteran customers seem to enjoy and look for the higher voltages.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh