Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

56 minutes ago, Funky said:

So you wanna sell 16X and get something heavier? Do you need the speed/performance of the Fattson? If yes sure get it. But at that weight i would get real Sherman-S. :D 

If someone doesn't need the extra speed and range, why sped the extra $1000 for the Sherman-S? The Fatton stikes the right cost/performance balance for some.  

And we all know that you wouldn't get either one of these heavy wheels 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

That's pretty much my only gripe about the Sherman S so far. It doesn't sound like a big inconvenience at first until you get used to having it on your other wheel (V11).

Interestingly enough, I have a V12 and an Abrams. However, I don’t find myself needing the lift-switch much on my Abrams.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

If someone doesn't need the extra speed and range, why sped the extra $1000 for the Sherman-S? The Fatton stikes the right cost/performance balance for some.  

And we all know that you wouldn't get either one of these heavy wheels 😁

True. They are completely waste for my ~4 mile trips on sidewalks.. BUT if i would buy one heavy wheel. I wouldn't even think twice about the 1000$ difference. If weight is only ~4kg.. You get better wheel in every aspect.

Then again i'm not one of those who change wheels like socks. I buy for keep sakes. :D Or till i find something better than my 18xl. Then i will sell it and buy new wheel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Or till i find something better than my 18xl. Then i will sell it and buy new wheel.

Will you ever find a better wheel than the 18xl 😁?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LeGiroquoi said:

Will you ever find a better wheel than the 18xl 😁?

Maybe in 5-10 years? When 200lbs and 100mph wheel BOOM has died down. And manufacturers start round two builds from small wheels to big again.

By that time there also should be solid state battery wheels made - 2x lighter wheels. :) And because you can charge wheel in ~30 mins from 0-100%. Smaller, cheaper packs should be wanted. Meaning wheels should get cheaper... (But knowing how greedy the world is. I bet it will cost more, than getting cheaper.)

Edited by Funky

Love your rant @mrelwood

while staying almost motionless, your irony and sarcasm were moving 😀

True it is confusing now..  many were waiting for a new 16inch suspension, but some asked for a 18inch, plus the speed demons that only love 20inches and higher..

Luckily, the leaperkim Patton arrives to respond to all of them at once 😂!

Edited by LeGiroquoi
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

My rant about EUCs' and especially Veteran Patton's tire size designations:

Now we have a link we can post instead of rehashing this in all the FB posts and Telegram channels, etc when this question comes up multiple times a week.  Thank you for your sevice @mrelwood!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BKW said:

What do you guys think of the price for this? That's a hell of a lot of torque btw

image.thumb.png.76a4ddaefc1e63a36d8c25cba2912f6e.png

Seems a little high to me.  2900 is my max for something with a battery this size.   I bet begode is breathing a sigh of releif.  With the patton being this expensive, the T4 can still compete I think

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Seems a little high to me.  2900 is my max for something with a battery this size.   I bet begode is breathing a sigh of releif.  With the patton being this expensive, the T4 can still compete I think

Agreed, the eWheels price is a bit much.  Eevees pre-order price is on the bubble. I think $2800 - $3000 would be the sweet spot.

2 hours ago, UPONIT said:

@BKW What was this video before it was removed? Anything interesting?

Was a new preview video of the Patton. Probably exists elsewhere somewhere

17 hours ago, BKW said:

What do you guys think of the price for this? That's a hell of a lot of torque btw

Looks like they just dropped the price today. Nice!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BKW said:

image.thumb.png.d493220cab1e545662679c87ccb3ea4d.png

It would appear as though they've brought the price down to about 3100, so only marginally higher than Eevee's pre-order price and cheaper than their planned list price. I don't know if I heard incorrectly, but I heard that eWheels also include shipping, tax, and etc., within their listed prices? In that case, a buyer in the US would likely need to fork over an extra 100+ bucks or even 200 bucks with package protection if buying from Eevees.

EDIT: Oops, ninja'd by @KNZ

Edited by Flygonial
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

At 3k$ it seems decent.. But i didn't care about price in first place. I care more about weight. :D 

Dam i would love to have S-S(Fatton), if it's weight would be closer to 30kg..

At 40-45kg you get better options from real 18" wheels. :innocent1:

Edited by Funky

Anyone know why there is such a big difference in stats between evees estimated top speed and range vs ewheels? 

Am I missing something or reading it wrong?

Evees saying 70kmh top speed. 60-80km of range

Ewheels 55mph top speed (max battery). And 70+ miles of range >25mph

I understand range is dependant on many things obviously.  So maybe the differences in numbers there i get. But why the major difference in top speed?

1 hour ago, BKW said:

Looks like LeaperKim purposely crashing the Patton to show its ruggedness

Holy moly, barrier crash test. That is destructive. No deflection. Head on.

The tumbling test is good too.

Here is to Leaper Kim taking the crash test data to improve the crashworthiness of the Patton.

9 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Holy moly, barrier crash test. That is destructive. No deflection. Head on.

The tumbling test is good too.

Here is to Leaper Kim taking the crash test data to improve the crashworthiness of the Patton.

Yeah, there is no smoke and mirrors here. This is legit a strong wheel externally, no doubt about it. Well done LK!

This EUC be masive sucess or fail.

Im excited see some reviews and real world test this EUC. Like owner MSP HT + 16X both under 25kg from this view 40kg is extreme number.(in saturday i load my 16X into car + daughter howerboard(13kg) 4x in day and 16x feel heavy cant imagine load 40kg "monster".

Torque can be masive and this "turn me on" on every possible EUC. 

Im fan ROAD tire 16tire is nimble queen no realy want destroy nimblenes by offroad tire.

Patton  maxed at 120kg rider like sherman S?

On 3/19/2023 at 1:51 AM, jimjam.nyc said:

Anyone know why there is such a big difference in stats between evees estimated top speed and range vs ewheels? 

Am I missing something or reading it wrong?

Evees saying 70kmh top speed. 60-80km of range

Ewheels 55mph top speed (max battery). And 70+ miles of range >25mph

I understand range is dependant on many things obviously.  So maybe the differences in numbers there i get. But why the major difference in top speed?

In this case, I think ewheels numbers are less realistic.  In HS mode, the free spin on the Fatton is 105 kph, or 63 mph.  By subtracting 10kph (which used to be a rule if thumb for estimating a safe top speed when top speeds were lower), you get 95kph, or 57 mph.  I expect that this was then rounded down to 55mph.  I'm not so sure 10 kph is valid at these higher speeds - especially if field weakening is used.  My scientific wild ass guess is that the real world top speed will be in the neighborhood of 46mph and that may very well be on the hairy edge of cutout.

I'm interested in hearing what others think while we await the real world speed tests.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
Fixed typos

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh