Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

8 hours ago, Funky said:

Does anyone knows how heavy is the batteries/motor/body by themselves?

If Fatton without batteries weighs ~31kg, that's ~8kg for battery. How heavy is the motor/rim/tire?

A 21700 battery cell (18Wh) weighs 70 grams. That’s 7kg (+BMS +casing) for a 1800Wh battery, 3.9kg per 1000Wh.

IIRC the V11 motor weighs 7 or 8 kg, and the V13 motor is 14 kg.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

A 21700 battery cell (18Wh) weighs 70 grams. That’s 7kg (+BMS +casing) for a 1800Wh battery, 3.9kg per 1000Wh.

IIRC the V11 motor weighs 7 or 8 kg, and the V13 motor is 14 kg.

So Fatton motor could be around ~10kg, not 13kg as i thought.. Most of it's weight goes into body - go figure. Which seems are around 20kg. DAM... It's body could have been easily 10kg. If you think about it. Making it right on mark 30kg wheel. 

I so would have sold my 18xl and bought Fatton, if it was ~30kg. :crying:

Edited by Funky

13 minutes ago, Funky said:

So Fatton motor could be around ~10kg, not 13kg as i thought.. Most of it's weight goes into body - go figure. Which seems are around 20kg. DAM... It's body could have been easily 10kg. If you think about it. Making it right on mark 30kg wheel. 

I so would have sold my 18xl and bought Fatton, if it was ~30kg. :crying:

You can always buy a T4 or 3d print a plastic body to replace the metal body if you dont like it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

Strong agree. This video just made me understand why the 39kg weight is completely justified relative to the stats. This thing is truly built like a tank but I do wonder what material is used, might it be the same material as in the Sherman S, and how is the thickness and strength of this material relative to the plastic in a Gotway RS? 

For anyone wondering what material is used I believe ewheels has a really good breakdown on their site of all the features including BMS and what grade aluminum is used for the wheel. I don't think it's the same as Sherman s. I could be wrong.

I honestly don't get everyone expecting veteran to make a last mile wheel. It was never their audience. 

Everyone swearing by their almost perfect 18xl, but still looking for better? How much better than almost perfect do you want, and what are you willing to pay for an upgrade from almost perfect, to almost perfecter... since perfect is a myth.

3 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I certainly try my best. It's been a few years since I was at fault for a crash but this winter I slipped on a bit of ice I didn't see at around 30km/h which broke my trolley handle and rubber cover and did some superficial damage to the shell.. It's the 2nd replacement trolley handle I've ordered now so I'd also much prefer what seems to be a lockable trolley handle while still being at the rear of the EUC rather than the middle which I don't like on most models. 

No matter how good you are and how slowly you go crashes are 100% a possibility at any speed so having a more robust or even crash proof wheel is always worth the extra weight to me within reason. 

Also everyone needs to relax about all this " they need to stop building this type of wheel or that type of wheel"... Honestly when It comes to wheels and women I like variety so I welcome the diversity.

Velcro may be your friend, you can also use it to bond your trolley handles…:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I honestly don't get everyone expecting veteran to make a last mile wheel. It was never their audience. 

When people hear 16" they normally think something smaller/lighter.. Not a 40kg wheel. :D What's next? A 14" 30 kg wheel, or better yet a 10" 30kg. AND people would buy even those....

Everyone swearing by their almost perfect 18xl, but still looking for better? How much better than almost perfect do you want, and what are you willing to pay for an upgrade from almost perfect, to almost perfecter... since perfect is a myth.

For start having real 18x3" tire would be perfect, on my almost perfect 18xl. :D 

I don't like - that i need to cut tire sides each time i want new M/C tire on my 18xl. (Also good luck finding any M/C tire that would fit, even after cutting sides.) Be 80/80-14 or 80/90-14 sized. (Yes i'm gonna risk and try fitting 80/90 size next tire change. Because i got 80/80 fitted and have ~2Cm room left in height.) I would gladly sell my 18xl for ~1500$ and add 1000-1500$ to get something "perfect".

Yet alone, i don't see the perfection been made yet. And that makes me kinda sad.

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It appears the Patton has a PWM-based tiltback. And it is adjustable. 

Saw that video already. So it's based on that "Making Begode wheels safer" mod? Same thing?

If yes, or similar - that's great!

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Saw that video already. So it's based on that "Making Begode wheels safer" mod? Same thing?

If yes, or similar - that's great!

What do you think @Freestyler

I was always very interested in his mod, but I have the green V1 board so I could never try it. Is this essentially the same thing but from factory?

Edited by xiiijojjo

17 hours ago, Funky said:

When people hear 16" they normally think something smaller/lighter.. Not a 40kg wheel. :D What's next? A 14" 30 kg wheel, or better yet a 10" 30kg. AND people would buy even those....

For start having real 18x3" tire would be perfect, on my almost perfect 18xl. :D 

I don't like - that i need to cut tire sides each time i want new M/C tire on my 18xl. (Also good luck finding any M/C tire that would fit, even after cutting sides.) Be 80/80-14 or 80/90-14 sized. (Yes i'm gonna risk and try fitting 80/90 size next tire change. Because i got 80/80 fitted and have ~2Cm room left in height.) I would gladly sell my 18xl for ~1500$ and add 1000-1500$ to get something "perfect".

Yet alone, i don't see the perfection been made yet. And that makes me kinda sad.

In general, you are way too pessimistic. You could fix that if you wanted.  Try looking at things differently. Maybe start running. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, techyiam said:

PWM based or free spin speed based? It’s just a percent value without any indication of what it even does. It didn’t sound like Afeez or Kevin were very factually knowledgeable themselves.

If it is indeed a PWM based tilt-back, that is HUGE! It just might make this the first Begode/EB/LeaperKim wheel worth of buying (to some) in my books.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Paul D said:

In general, you are way too pessimistic.

Yes - yes i am. :)

You could fix that if you wanted.

But i don't see point doing that.. I don't see point in general for anything.

Try looking at things differently.

Can't quit do that. As i only see disappointment, sadness, unhappiness everywhere. 

Maybe start running. 

Sounds good. I could lose some weight.. But it won't fix my mindset and my view on life.

Anyways have a great day. Cheerio, sending positive vibes your way. (If i had any.. I almost vomited writhing those words. :barf::D:efeffe9e4a: 

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, techyiam said:

If true, a big step in the right direction. I don't believe as of now that any manufacturer has picked up PWM-based tiltback for their wheels. In one example, we can see things like Kingsong tiltback being easy to overpower (along with them being a bit more risky to run at advertised top speed than some other manufacturer's wheels based on headroom). Though I'm still of the opinion that many of the recent V13 cut-outs were user error, there could have been better guardrails in place if PWM-based tiltback was implemented. I understand that Inmotion wanted to make tiltback soft as to not surprise and throw a rider off when they were at high speed, but it's not too unlikely for one to not realize they're feeling tiltback or even mentally interpret it in a challenge depending on their headspace. Based on the reports that many people have with custom Begode PWM-based tiltback, it's pretty good with being gentle at the lower-end of exceeding the PWM threshold and can ramp up to be quite aggressive if you continue to push it (this progressive tiltback also giving the rider a bit of leeway instead of just running straight into aggressive tiltback).

Hopefully some real reviews of this will be coming out soon! Jacks review was ok, but honestly it was a bit rushed and didn't really dive too deep into the wheel. 

According to ewheels this thing should be shipping pretty soon (early May) Just in time for the prime time in NYC.

According the the telegram group veteran is also really tweaking the software of this wheel with the testers. I am cautiously optimistic this may be a really good wheel for city riding. Even with the weight. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

I rode the Patton. It will be a big seller for Leaperkim.

I pulled the trigger and ordered first batch. Will be my first leaperkim wheel. Glad to hear the positive feedback so far

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I rode the Patton. It will be a big seller for Leaperkim.

Mind sharing some of your thought/observations from your ride?  What were a few of your favorite things?  Anything you didn't particularly like?

I pulled the trigger and ordered first batch. Will be my first leaperkim wheel. Glad to hear the positive feedback so far

Same for me.  This will be my first LK and the first time I've gone 1st batch. Oddly enough, I feel like 1st batch Patton may be more trouble-free than the S22 Pro.  It is odd writing that, but it is how I feel.  Likely an unpopular opinion though.

5 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Hopefully some real reviews of this will be coming out soon!

Eevee's review is supposed to be posting to their YT channel today.  Their new review format is quite good.  I'm really looking forward to watching it!

27 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Eevee's review is supposed to be posting to their YT channel today.  Their new review format is quite good.  I'm really looking forward to watching it!

Nice. I have been enjoying their reviews as of late as well. Apparently they will be giving an early patton away too

17 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Nice. I have been enjoying their reviews as of late as well. Apparently they will be giving an early patton away too

I read the telegram post again a little while ago...perhaps it won't be posting today.  I may have jumped to conclusions when reading it late last night.

3 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Same for me.  This will be my first LK and the first time I've gone 1st batch. Oddly enough, I feel like 1st batch Patton may be more trouble-free than the S22 Pro.  It is odd writing that, but it is how I feel.  Likely an unpopular opinion though.

Like many things in this life, facts matter, opinions vary. It’ll be a minor miracle and/or major catastrophe if the Patton ends up being more troublesome than the S-22 pro, which is after all a much modified version of what must rank as the most troubled, poorly executed suspension wheel, boomerangs and all, and an object lesson in how NOT to launch a new product.     The Patton is streets ahead already, I feel, though this opinion may be factually premature!

4 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I feel like 1st batch Patton may be more trouble-free than the S22 Pro.

For clarity, I feel like 1st batch Patton may be more trouble-free than the S22 Pro, now, in its current iteration.  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

For clarity, I feel like 1st batch Patton may be more trouble-free than the S22 Pro, now, in its current iteration.  

Suspension and motor are most likely safe.

But the 126 V system, battery packs and BMS's is a first for Leaper Kim.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh