Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

28 minutes ago, Funky said:

Easy, just copy any smaller lightweight wheel and add S-S suspension... > ???? > Profit.

Closest performance like would be KS16X, V11.. Just added S-S suspension. (Doh then people would cry to small battery.. Too weak.. Not enough speed.. So on. Response to them - STFU You already got your heavy wheels, go buy them.) :efeee20b79:

You do realize we were talking about Leaper Kim's products. And their lightest wheel was their original Sherman coming in at 77 lbs with no suspension. 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

My point was that we already have several ~40kg wheels that are great in getting out of them hairy situations. Making one that is just the same as others, except with less stability at those hairy speeds just doesn’t make nearly as much sense to me as a product that would serve a part of the markets that haven’t been touched in three years.

Maybe LK's next suspension wheel will be a 14" 100v 2p battery config with Samsung 50S batteries.  A wheel like that would be very interesting and serve the light weight wheel sector quite well. 

3 minutes ago, eevees said:

There is almost no chance that the Patton turns out to be a flop. It is the most incredible wheel I've rode yet. 

oh oh oh oh,...... eevees,  you just exposed yourself to the onslaught of nay-sayers and cynics....be prepared for an extension of this thread directed at your posted statement.  its a bold statement indeed,  i admire your grit...

my opinion about eevees statement;

i think its a valid statement since they have ridden it.  however, they are also a business, and as such, my cynical side says its also a marketing ploy based on actual riding experience.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, eevees said:

There is almost no chance that the Patton turns out to be a flop.

If the new FW has truly fixed the cutoffs on poor landings, then I believe you are correct.  It absolutely must avoid the "cutoff wheel" label that doomed the Abrams.  

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

The Fatton in the flesh! I was never very interested in this wheel but now that I've seen and was able to ride it a tiny bit I do see the appeal. The Patton will be an excellent trail wheel for alot of people and surprisingly it wasn't nearly as heavy as the specs would suggest. I was able to lift it to chest height via the grab handles so for me it's still portable and I can throw it into the trunk of my car. Thanks to Gavin and the crew at @eevees for bringing this out for me to try.

SmartSelect_20230403_191411_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3ad90ab786d4ba0654f4938ee1d98672.jpg

SmartSelect_20230403_191522_Gallery.thumb.jpg.222181f09c45553da4c97f555cf8e92b.jpg

thats one good looking 'small' euc.  love the 'le Corbusier' styling - kinda neo-turn of the past century modernistic design.  all it needs now are some 'tim burton' gothic  embellishments (in black of course) to complete the 'look'... (manical laughter fading into the distance...)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, eevees said:

Haha I’m prepared for it! Once more reviews come out, people will realize that it’s the wheel of the year. Our review will be ready by the end of the week. PLUS we’re giving one away during the premiere of our YouTube review. 

okay, how does one register for the giveaway ? or is it for past customers only ... ?

43 minutes ago, eevees said:

Our review will be ready by the end of the week.

I'll look forward to watching that. I'd happily have a Patton as my only wheel, except for those times where I prefer the longer range my Sherman S gives me. It will be interesting to see some range tests on the Patton, I suspect it will give reasonable range, more than the RS or V12HT that I have with only 1,800Wh & 1,750Wh respectively. I think for many riders 2,200Wh would be quite good, just not for those that want to ride 3+ hours.

One day we will have newer battery tech that will allow 2x the range in the same size/weight, just imagine the Patton exactly the same - but with 4,400Wh, what a wheel that would be!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eevees said:

There is almost no chance that the Patton turns out to be a flop. It is the most incredible wheel I've rode yet. 

Holy moly, that's high praise. Mango said, range aside, he would choose the Patton over the Sherman-S for city riding.

It looks like Leaper Kin managed to pull another rabbit of a hat.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

What would you have done instead?

A 2200Wh 18/20” wheel that weighs no more than 30kg. As a reference, a V11 + 700Wh worth of batteries would weigh a hair under 30kg, so there’s nothing unreasonable about the idea.

The wheel wouldn’t have as much power or nearly as much top speed as the ShermS, because most riders don’t need that much power and speed. That would enable a lighter motor.

It would also have extensive ride mode adjustment options (and an adjustable PWM tilt-back if the Patton doesn’t already have that).

That wheel would be an instant buy for me, and based on what countless of people have said, for them too. In turn I’ve never heard of anyone hoping or waiting for a 16” 39kg wheel.

Also, how many Master X have been sold? That is just a Master Pro with less battery and thus less weight too.

I have no idea nor interest in the Master X or it’s sales figures. It weighs 44.5kg.

46 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I'll look forward to watching that. I'd happily have a Patton as my only wheel, except for those times where I prefer the longer range my Sherman S gives me. It will be interesting to see some range tests on the Patton, I suspect it will give reasonable range, more than the RS or V12HT that I have with only 1,800Wh & 1,750Wh respectively. I think for many riders 2,200Wh would be quite good, just not for those that want to ride 3+ hours.

I was speaking with @eevees about it and do I agree that they compliment each other. The Patton will be an excellent off-road/trail wheel that you can also ride on the street while the Sherman S is a long range touring wheel that can be ridden off-road. It makes me want both to be honest 😅

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, M1thr4ndr said:

Buying for my first wheel. I might be like Kitty, struggling with its weight for a few weeks

I don't think you will. If you are healthy and know how to ride a bike, maybe also know how to ski / skate it should be much faster.

I don't want to speak ill of her but I've been following her thread and it just seems like a extreme case.

I wish you both the best of luck, stay safe.

• Upvote 1

You do realize we were talking about Leaper Kim's products. And their lightest wheel was their original Sherman coming in at 77 lbs with no suspension. 

And? I don't care what manufacturer makes what wheels. They can also make lighter versions.. They can take their original Sherman and make it smaller/lighter.

12 hours ago, M1thr4ndr said:

Buying for my first wheel. I might be like Kitty, struggling with its weight for a few weeks

Most likely the Patton will be easier to learn on then the Sherman-S.

It depends a lot on the person too.

You won't really know until you try it.

According to eWheels' website:

(1) Sherman-S weighs 96 lbs.

(2) Patton weighs 89 lbs.

(3) Sherman Max weighs 86 lbs.

Sherman Max is a non-suspension wheel. And it has the lowest pedals of the three.

Most people will find it very difficult to learn on a Sherman Max already.

However, the Patton has a smaller diameter wheel. 

If you are a fair sized male, you may struggle to learn on to ride the Patton, but you may succeed. However, free-mounting competently, and riding at very low speeds may take much longer time and practice to achieve. This is only a guess. We know nothing about your size and weight, and your background pertaining to skills in sports or activities that involve balancing. 

I think almost all can agree that an 89 lbs wheel is not a beginner's wheel. 

Having said that, if you are a fair sized male learning to ride on the Patton, you should have a less difficulty than Kitty on her Sherman-S. But she convinced herself that she didn't have a choice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Most likely the Patton will be easier to learn on then the Sherman-S.

It depends a lot on the person too.

You won't really know until you try it.

According to eWheels' website:

(1) Sherman-S weighs 96 lbs.

(2) Patton weighs 89 lbs.

(3) Sherman Max weighs 86 lbs.

Sherman Max is a non-suspension wheel. And it has the lowest pedals of the three.

Most people will find it very difficult to learn on a Sherman Max already.

However, the Patton has a smaller diameter wheel. 

If you are a fair sized male, you may struggle to learn on to ride the Patton, but you may succeed. However, free-mounting competently, and riding at very low speeds may take much longer time and practice to achieve. This is only a guess. We know nothing about your size and weight, and your background pertaining to skills in sports or activities that involve balancing. 

I think almost all can agree that an 89 lbs wheel is not a beginner's wheel. 

Having said that, if you are a fair sized male learning to ride on the Patton, you should have a less difficulty than Kitty on her Sherman-S. But she convinced herself that she didn't have a choice.

Ya this was my issue i really wanted sherm s but after seeing that thread spooked me a bit so a slightly more compact wheel seems more possible, we’ll see

2 hours ago, M1thr4ndr said:

Ya this was my issue i really wanted sherm s but after seeing that thread spooked me a bit so a slightly more compact wheel seems more possible, we’ll see

How many people do you think can climb to the top of Mt Everest as their first mountain climb?

I would say the odds are against them.

For many people, there will be a steep learning curve, even on smaller wheels.

Without any riding experience, how do you know that Sherman-S is the wheel for you.

There are people who learnt on smaller wheels, and then bought a Sherman, to only selling it after riding it for a short amount of time.

Should you learn to ride now, by the time you are ready for a big heavy wheel, there will be new wheels on the market that would make the Sherman-S feel like the Sherman now.

Big heavy wheels are all work and no fun until you are ready for them anyway.

Just curious, what type of riding were you planning to do with the Sherman-S? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

How many people do you think can climb to the top of Mt Everest as their first mountain climb?

I would say the odds are against them.

For many people, there will be a steep learning curve, even on smaller wheels.

Without any riding experience, how do you know that Sherman-S is the wheel for you.

There are people who learnt on smaller wheels, and then bought a Sherman, to only selling it after riding it for a short amount of time.

Should you learn to ride now, by the time you are ready for a big heavy wheel, there will be new wheels on the market that would make the Sherman-S feel like the Sherman now.

Big heavy wheels are all work and no fun until you are ready for them anyway.

Just curious, what type of riding were you planning to do with the Sherman-S? 

Im not getting a sherman s because im spooked by the weight/height.

If patton didnt work, ill sell it, no big deal.

sherman s is the only wheel that looks decent. Patton is ok, inmotion and begode is ugly as sin. Older veteran also ugly.  

some street some trails. I’d like a lot of safety margin.  

Edited by M1thr4ndr
Clarity
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, bpong said:

okay, how does one register for the giveaway ? or is it for past customers only ... ?

Anyone that watches our YouTube premiere has a chance to win the Patton. If you want a competitive advantage, I recommend watching our V13 review and EX30 review for a competitive advantage ;) 

If you can find the clues in that video, you’ll already have a head start.

7 minutes ago, eevees said:

Anyone that watches our YouTube premiere has a chance to win the Patton. If you want a competitive advantage, I recommend watching our V13 review and EX30 review for a competitive advantage ;) 

If you can find the clues in that video, you’ll already have a head start.

im sure after your response to my question, your viewing hits will increase.... by how much i dunno....will view regardless, cant pass up on a contest...thanx for the prompt reply too !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M1thr4ndr said:

Im not getting a sherman s because im spooked by the weight/height.

If patton didnt work, ill sell it, no big deal.

sherman s is the only wheel that looks decent. Patton is ok, inmotion and begode is ugly as sin. Older veteran also ugly.  

some street some trails. I’d like a lot of safety margin.  

If you have that luxury, then you can get anything you want. That's great to have that flexibility. 

Some people get the wheel they want, then if that didn't work out at first, they just get a smaller wheel to learn on. They either sell it or use it as a backup, afterwards.

However, another bad news for beginners is buying first batches of wheels. It can be quite the headache when they are faced with serious issues. There could be a lot of downtime. That is, unless you can work on your own wheel and don't mind the downtime. 

Patton has Leaper Kim's first 126 V system. You may want to wait and see.

An alternative would be buy something like a V11, or V12 to learn on , than get the Sherman-S, which has very few issues.

Even these smaller wheels take time to learn for most.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

If you have that luxury, then you can get anything you want. That's great to have that flexibility. 

Some people get the wheel they want, then if that didn't work out at first, they just get a smaller wheel to learn on. They either sell it or use it as a backup, afterwards.

However, another bad news for beginners is buying first batches of wheels. It can be quite the headache when they are faced with serious issues. There could be a lot of downtime. That is, unless you can work on your own wheel and don't mind the downtime. 

Patton has Leaper Kim's first 126 V system. You may want to wait and see.

An alternative would be buy something like a V11, or V12 to learn on , than get the Sherman-S, which has very few issues.

Even these smaller wheels take time to learn for most.

If i have to buy an inmotion v8-12 i might as well not ride at all, really dont like how it looks

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh