Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

1 minute ago, M1thr4ndr said:

If i have to buy an inmotion v8-12 i might as well not ride at all, really dont like how it looks

Interesting. 

Good luck in whichever path you take.

Your profile say Canada. If you are in a city where you can see the wheels in person, you should go take a look.

• Upvote 3

@M1thr4ndr https://rideone.ca/ offers free euc lessons every Sunday during the riding season. You can book a slot and try out a bunch of wheels with experienced riders there to help. 

@bpong toronto……. I must know you. 🤔

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@M1thr4ndr https://rideone.ca/ offers free euc lessons every Sunday during the riding season. You can book a slot and try out a bunch of wheels with experienced riders there to help. 

@bpong toronto……. I must know you. 🤔

we should all gather and meet at dundas square;  pick up some take out from the various local eateries and just chow down at the square.  snack and gab euc-neese...

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 11:48 PM, bpong said:

just to be devils advocate stephan,  dont you think its still a gamble to purchase the 1st batch ?

we had it on test the full day only thing they have to refine is the firmware, soft mode isn't really that soft plus the best at front needs to be another cm higher for the charger port , leaperkim had a good record of first batch apart from the Abrams, if you have a good dealer there's really nothing to worry about buying first batch 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, eevees said:

There is almost no chance that the Patton turns out to be a flop. It is the most incredible wheel I've rode yet. 

I'll definitely second that , it's amazing in every respect 

• Like 2

even the Patton as a beginner wheel would be excellent it's so balanced and really sturdy at riding even at slow speeds , you can't even feel the extra weight when riding and even at lifting it is so compact you have the right stance for lifting , everything about this wheel is amazing .

you can charge at 15 into split port so if you have a 12/15amp fast charger that's about 1.5 hours to full  so not really a problem for range, honestly it's that good here's a video of how sturdy it is at slow speed and it doesn't change even when going fast

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I was nervous at first ordering this wheel. I have a batch 1 v12. Even though it had literally zero problems, it still was a bit anxious to ride. I now love that wheel and will probably keep it, but I am finally feeling cautiously excited I have this ordered. I am also glad I was able to hold it together during all these suspension wheel releases and waited a little bit.

Hopefully it pays off, as this wheel seems to be a good one.

You're hooked now. I don't even make that much money and I own 4 already...somehow... is there a limit to the madness? :P

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BKW said:

You're hooked now. I don't even make that much money and I own 4 already...somehow... is there a limit to the madness? :P

'madness' is a relative state of mind.  if your company consists of others who share in the 'madness' then its not 'madness' - its your vocation...

6 hours ago, M1thr4ndr said:

If i have to buy an inmotion v8-12 i might as well not ride at all, really dont like how it looks

I definitely don't dig the looks of the V5 through V10 but personally like the V11 and V12. For similar reasons as the V5, V8, and V10, I was tempted to buy a Nikola AR+ but really just couldn't get into its shape. That being said, the wheel is something that you end up looking at very little when riding (and even if you do a speed check, which is not recommended to be done often, you can't quite appreciate the full profile of the wheel), and I found that looks ended up not mattering to me as much relative to how much of a priority it was for me when buying. Still, at the end of the day, your opinion on how a wheel looks is the bottom line and if you don't like it you don't.

I do think that if you're careful while learning, not taking any big jumps in speed or certain skills (I only really felt like I could hold 30+ mph safely after 2-300 miles), you'd be fine just going to the wheel you want. There are definitely people that have gotten themselves into trouble while learning and you really just need to have the mental discipline to not become another one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Flygonial said:

I definitely don't dig the looks of the V5 through V10 but personally like the V11 and V12. For similar reasons as the V5, V8, and V10, I was tempted to buy a Nikola AR+ but really just couldn't get into its shape. That being said, the wheel is something that you end up looking at very little when riding (and even if you do a speed check, which is not recommended to be done often, you can't quite appreciate the full profile of the wheel), and I found that looks ended up not mattering to me as much relative to how much of a priority it was for me when buying. Still, at the end of the day, your opinion on how a wheel looks is the bottom line and if you don't like it you don't.

I do think that if you're careful while learning, not taking any big jumps in speed or certain skills (I only really felt like I could hold 30+ mph safely after 2-300 miles), you'd be fine just going to the wheel you want. There are definitely people that have gotten themselves into trouble while learning and you really just need to have the mental discipline to not become another one.

Thanks for the encouragement. Its like, although you cant see how the car looks from outside when you’re driving doesnt mean you wanna drive a yaris. (No offense)

Edited by M1thr4ndr

8 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

If you are learning on something like a patton. Just take it slow, and be ok with possibly scuffing it up.

One can always pack the wheel in some short protection. Simple shower mat, or towel around the wheel, cardboard boxes. Add some duct tape and you are set. 

Who cares that you are riding a garbage looking thing. At least wheel is protected, for the first 1-2 weeks, when you still are drooping it at stops and what not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

which shock would you guys get 62lb or 66lb shock for a 92kg rider with gear about 98kg ish? regarding Sherman-S/patton 

You're on heavy side, so ofc 66lb would be preferred. Some guys even at ~80kg get the stronger shock.

EUc Upgrades Patton review.

https://youtu.be/0XUo5viWnQU

It seems like the suspension could be adjusted a bit better for Kevin's riding weight.  I wonder if stiifer compression and a little slower rebound would improve the handling and reduce some of the pogo effect?

Edited by Rollin-on-1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

It seems like the suspension could be adjusted a bit better for Kevin's riding weight.  I wonder if stiifer compression and a little slower rebound would improve the handling and reduce some of the pogo effect?

he seemed to have a different feeling to the wheel than I did , it was so natural maybe cause I'm heavier I suited it better,I didn't agree on some stuff he said

7 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Video is quite long and he talks a lot so I've might have missed it but did he try adjusting rebound?

Edited by Rawnei

My impression after watching Kevin's video, was that he was impressed with Patton's suspension. He like the cushy setting. I don't think he meant to say that the suspension was under damped when he used the words pogo stick. 

I don't think he had acclimated to the Patton yet. Turning seemed to be something he still needs to work out.

But overall, I thought he gave the Patton high praise at the end.

The Patton is sounding like it could turn out to be a great wheel.

So many good wheels to choose from.

• Like 1

Around the 12:00 mark, you can see how stiff the suspension is where Kevin's feet are quite high centered around the axle. No wonder he has trouble with turning and braking without some wobbles. Preload (sag) needs to be adjusted for his riding weight.

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

Around the 12:00 mark, you can see how stiff the suspension is where Kevin's feet are quite high centered around the axle. No wonder he has trouble with turning and braking without some wobbles. Preload (sag) needs to be adjusted for his riding weight.

definitely something wrong it was perfect for me and it's the same machine I used,it was set on the softest setting when I used it ,it was the 62lb shock ,afeez is about Kevin's weight and he was fine to if you look in the video

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

Suspension can feel very wrong unless you tune it as you want it to feel, too much bounce (pogo effect) is typical consequence of too much rebound, if something feels wrong really need to take the time to stop riding and tune it to see if it can be solved and not just say it's wrong. 😅

• Upvote 3

Not only did it look like Kevin had some issues with suspension setup, but he seemed to take some time to get used to the tire as well. I Feel like all of this is normal. He did give over all pretty high marks.

One reason I went with ewheels for my order, is they have the 58lbs suspension option for riders below 175lbs. I am 130lbs and I think the lower suspension option should help a bit.

Does anyone know if you can purchase the other shock options if you aren't happy with what you have?

• Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh