Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

If you don't mind, could you take a close up of the stanchion clamp half-shell (from both sides). Just curious as to how they strengthened it. Thanks.

Here it is, I think the material is thicker than what comes from factory? I don't have an old one to compare but the new one feels nice and hefty.

20230707_204612.thumb.jpg.64cd75dc602c603e28f93ce818ab6fe1.jpg

20230707_204605.thumb.jpg.11be17bd974e1c40e1fc7d692061428b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I wonder what's different about this one?

The new beeper is waterproof. The og one stopped working for a few people when it got wet. Should be better for west coast riding conditions. 
Hopefully this means mine are on route. Don’t love these stock pedals. 

Edited by Hellkitten
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Here it is, I think the material is thicker than what comes from factory? I don't have an old one to compare but the new one feels nice and hefty.

The New clamp is CNC'd from a solid block of Aluminium, as opposed to the original that was cast Chinesium!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I just received my Sherman S upgrade package from Eevees.  It came with everything I expected but there is  a new beeper/alarm. I wonder what's different about this one?

20230707_190032.thumb.jpg.b5157924e7c0cab445e6b3fa7ccfaba5.jpg

The beeper is the same, it's just a spare as they are not waterproof I think, you can put some silicone around the sides of it where there are holes and some thin tape over the top to waterproof it, it will make it a bit quieter though.

4 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

The new beeper is waterproof. The og one stopped working for a few people when it got wet. Should be better for west coast riding conditions. 
Hopefully this means mine are on route. Don’t love these stock pedals. 

Really? How do you know the new one is waterproof? I think they look exactly the same?

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Kamber said:

What would best practices for safety and longevity of battery cells be?

- Should I be topping off the charge after each ride/use if possible, or is it better to drain the battery through usage and recharge when near empty

It’s not good, fun or safe to ride with a nearly empty battery. Power and top speed are limited. Charging cycles don’t care whether you top up ~ten times or run ‘till it’s empty once.

- Is there any appreciable benefit from using a 3rd party charger that is more feature-rich?

Not really, other than you can specify the charging current (= amps).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Really? How do you know the new one is waterproof? I think they look exactly the same?

It was mentioned in one of the millions of telegram chats and of course I can’t find it now. One of the early batch riders received their package and had the original beeper flooded with water, which worked again when dry. They claimed the new ones were water resistant and that’s why the were sent out. As it was a safety issue, it seemed like a very plausible that leperkim would do that. If I find the original claim I’ll post it here. 👍

• Like 1

Installed the shinko. It fits well except on the back left side. guessing I over torqued something. Grr. 

everywhere else it fits perfectly it just touches there slightly. Any suggestions?  

IMG_1994.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

everywhere else it fits perfectly it just touches there slightly. Any suggestions?  

I guess it depends on your definition of the phrase "it fits perfectly". :)

A couple of millimetres or less tire clearance? I suspect you will be doing a lot of fine tuning down the road.

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

It was mentioned in one of the millions of telegram chats and of course I can’t find it now. One of the early batch riders received their package and had the original beeper flooded with water, which worked again when dry. They claimed the new ones were water resistant and that’s why the were sent out. As it was a safety issue, it seemed like a very plausible that leperkim would do that. If I find the original claim I’ll post it here. 👍

I would take it with a grain of salt then, I think it's just the same, a spare. But it's possible to waterproof it though.

Yeah I’d suspect your right.

Ended up lossening all the bolts, torqued the wheel around, dropped it on the suspension a few times. I think the battery case is warped to be honest. It has lots of clearance all around but the back left corner every where else seems equal. It’s significantly better.m. Only rubs when I do a really sharp turn now and the wheel flexes.  

Sadly I am managed to strip the threads out on a screw one the top of the battery case. Grrrr. I hate Chinese steal. Backed out the bolt, threads went with it. Sigh.   be hunting down a thread repair kit. Oddly the bolt is fine.  

thankfully still rideable! And I’ll be putting it to the test this afternoon. Only took me 30 mins to swap the tyre out. And put it all back together. Another 30 of tinkering with alignment. Which I suspect as you mentioned it will be ongoing 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:
2 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

I would take it with a grain of salt then, I think it's just the same, a spare. But it's possible to waterproof it though.

Why would LK send out an exact same beeper as a spare? Isn’t the point of all the replacement parts because of quality issues? 

43 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Why would LK send out an exact same beeper as a spare? Isn’t the point of all the replacement parts because of quality issues? 

They send extra beeper in the box with the Patton, why would they do that?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Here is the spare beeper from the spare parts box, I just went down in the basement to pick it up, it's the exact same one with no additional waterproofing, you can google the model SFM-27 and there are no signs that it's waterproof.

20230708_230158.thumb.jpg.12c4e7427f05e4ce2b84cf09183bee4a.jpg

20230708_230210.thumb.jpg.08ced3454b39e819bc0a4d24bdd956c9.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Here is the spare beeper from the spare parts box, I just went down in the basement to pick it up, it's the exact same one with no additional waterproofing, you can google the model SFM-27 and there are no signs that it's waterproof.

20230708_230158.thumb.jpg.12c4e7427f05e4ce2b84cf09183bee4a.jpg

20230708_230210.thumb.jpg.08ced3454b39e819bc0a4d24bdd956c9.jpg

Interesting, thanks for the update. Unfortunate. Seemed like a worthwhile upgrade. 

2 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Interesting, thanks for the update. Unfortunate. Seemed like a worthwhile upgrade. 

Here's a cheap waterproof alternative from AliExpress, it will be a bit quieter but still 85dB https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001456275705.html

Or silicone the holes there on the stock one and put something thin over the top.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I've pulled apart the SFM27 before (same as on the MSX series). It's far from waterproof as you say. Nor could I find a way of making it waterproof without seriously compromising the volume (I tried). Even reducing/closing off the side holes noticeably reduces output (which is probably why they are there in the 1st place).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

I've pulled apart the SFM27 before (same as on the MSX series). It's far from waterproof as you say. Nor could I find a way of making it waterproof without seriously compromising the volume (I tried). Even reducing/closing off the side holes noticeably reduces output (which is probably why they are there in the 1st place).

Might it be possible to affix something akin to a small plastic shot glass or similar over the entire buzzer unit where it is, maybe with adhesive or a piece of tape, or in combination? If the plastic used was fairly thin it might dampen but not completely deaden the volume, I’m thinking, and nor should it interfere with the basic functioning of the buzzer.

Your suggestions may work if the buzzer was a low frequency device but it's not. I learnt about the side holes being required when I moved my MSX buzzer, having cut a hole in the shell and mounting it from inside, facing up. The thickness of the shell obscured most of the side holes and noticeably reduced the volume, almost as if the piezo needed the holes to 'breath' even though the actual movement of the piezo is tiny. All I can say is try it. And put a piece of sellotape over the top, I suspect it would be very similar to obscuring the side holes. In short, the acoustics for piezos are pretty strange!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Well for me it doesn't matter, even with a 95dB buzzer I won't hear it over the wind noise in my motorcycle helmet so I rely on EUC World alerts either way, the beeper is just there for normal operations for me.

• Upvote 1