Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

Got my new light  the other day it works.  Super bright. Not sure if it’s suppose to get brighter as we break/etc, but it stays on. 

Edited by CDINPHX
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

Got my new light  the other day it works.  Super bright. Not sure if it’s suppose to get brighter as we break/etc, but it stays on. 

Looks like I was just unlucky. Hope it gets sorted out

• Like 2

Any news on your brake light?  Mine seems to be working great but just one brightness.  Not sure if it’s suppose to get brighter or not when you stop, but it doesn’t appear to be. 

On 6/9/2023 at 6:08 AM, Stevebee said:

Looks like I was just unlucky. Hope it gets sorted out

2 hours ago, fary86Hun said:

This is my second flat tire within 3500 km... due to extensive off-road use (spikes). What recommendations do you have?

Slime, Goop, andwhathaveyou.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fary86Hun said:

This is my second flat tire within 3500 km... due to extensive off-road use (spikes). What recommendations do you have?

I'm planning on using this:

Sahara High Speed Tire Sealant - Superior Performance - Tire Repair - Stop Leaks - Extend Tire Life – All Weather – High-Speed – Slow Speed – ARDL Approved (34 Oz Bottle, Sahara) https://a.co/d/cY4mpEP

7 hours ago, fary86Hun said:

Schwalbe Marathon, I don’t think they make Kevlar reinforced tyres for EUC’s just yet, but they’re great on an ebike!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Schwalbe Marathon, I don’t think they make Kevlar reinforced tyres for EUC’s just yet, but they’re great on an ebike!

100% agree, I haven't had a single puncture through 3 different sets of Marathon's over 15000km on my non-electric bike.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, fary86Hun said:

Best option is to simply use a proper motorcycle tyre which have far better puncture resistance than any stock EUC tyre to date. The only issue is that you lose some compliance but with the suspension maybe thats not a problem..?

Personally I'd run the MC tyre, with a tube cos EUC rims are not designed to be tubeless (except Z10) and also Slime.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Planemo said:

EUC rims are not designed to be tubeless (except Z10)

Some of the newer wheels with wider (moto style) rims do actually have a proper sealing bead for tubeless, such as the S22 and a few others.

S22 real tubeless rim 1

Not my wheel, but this is an S22 rim being fitted with a Conti Scoot to run tubeless!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Point taken, but if the wheel isn't categorically designed to be tubeless, then it isn't. I totally accept that some beads will be better suited than others but that still doesn't make it a tubeless rim. It's usually obvious when looking at the valve hole - it's easy to see whether it's designed for a tube or tubeless valve.

People have tried on various occasions to use tubeless on MC's, I believe @mrelwood did it years ago on an MSX, but if it's not a proper tubeless rim then I wouldn't run tubeless personally, sealing headaches being the least concern, the tyre popping off the rim being the highest.

• Like 1

Yep, I agree 100% on people trying to go tubeless on a rim that's not designed for it. A hell of a lot of work with too much risk of the issues you mentioned above!

It really needs to be one of the Newer moto style EUC rims (and it will seal/pop up onto the bead no drama) or it's just Not gonna be worth the effort involved in aligning/gluing/sealing to a standard EUC/Old school EUC rim!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, fbhb said:

It really needs to be one of the Newer moto style EUC rims

So are you saying that the 'newer' EUC rims are designed to be tubeless? Not being a smart ass, I genuinely don't know. I was under the assumption that no EUC had a tubeless rim to date other than the Z10/Mten.

56 minutes ago, Planemo said:

So are you saying that the 'newer' EUC rims are designed to be tubeless? Not being a smart ass, I genuinely don't know. I was under the assumption that no EUC had a tubeless rim to date other than the Z10/Mten.

Yes, as shown in the S22 rim photo I posted above, you can see the raised lip of the bead that a tubeless tyre has to expand over to achieve its seal.

I also know this from personal experience replacing my Z10 tyre, how that rim resembles the S22 rim photo.

To my knowledge, the wider rims from Leaperkim (Shermans & Abrams), the Inmotion V13, the EX30 would also work tubeless (without issue/just fitting an 8.3mm bolt through tubeless angled valve) and possibly more recent rims I'm not aware of.

Edited by fbhb

Just a small note, there is no such thing as an EUC tire, the tires we have on our wheels are originally made for mopeds, motocross, ATVs and such.

This is very relevant for the conversation

I am hoping to do something like it with the Patton when it arrives, but would need to look at the clearance around the valve first. From what videos I've seen of the demo models I am sort of concerned 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

I was under the assumption that no EUC had a tubeless rim to date other than the Z10/Mten.

The Abrams comes stock with a tubeless tire. The rim does have the two ridges to lock the tire bead in place. However, from the factory, the tire beads are glued to the rim. My Abrams tire did not contain tire sealant, and does not lose air over many weeks. However, if the tire pressure is 15 psi or less, it will lose air.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The Abrams comes stock with a tubeless tire.

OK now thats clear, and I didn't know that, cheers. Anything that comes from the factory as tubeless must be using what I would call a proper tubeless rim.

@fbhb I accept that the raised lip would suggest the rim is designed to be tubeless, but doesn't confirm it.

All rims designed as tubeless from the outset should not need a bolt-through valve. The area around the valve should be designed as such that a regular pull-through valve be suitable, with zero modification/fettling of the hole. Like with your Z10.

Not saying the S22 doesn't have a proper tubeless rim, I'm just saying that the presence of the internal lip itself doesn't convince me. Not trying to be argumentative :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

All rims designed as tubeless from the outset should not need a bolt-through valve

Not wanting to be argumentative either :), but I merely mentioned an 8.3mm bolt through valve as my preference for ease of install for anyone looking to go ahead with a tubeless install on the correct rim and tyre combo.

No fettling or drilling needed with this sizing option and I would imagine a regular pull-through will work too, but I know for a fact from previous discussions I had in this Forum topic and also on Telegram, that several S22 owners have had success with a painless, easy tubeless install: 

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bunny said:

I'm planning on using this:

Sahara High Speed Tire Sealant - Superior Performance - Tire Repair - Stop Leaks - Extend Tire Life – All Weather – High-Speed – Slow Speed – ARDL Approved (34 Oz Bottle, Sahara) https://a.co/d/cY4mpEP

Looks good, although might have some balance issues:

• Like 2