Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

In the package of spare parts that LK sent out there is a bag with spare motor bolts and on it is a label with the torque spec 18Nm.

Clamp screws are 8Nm, big screws on battery box (both the ones going to suspension and to top assembly) is 11Nm.

20230605_091341.thumb.jpg.65293a49a02e10cee5edbd7ae04c03fa.jpg

Thank you very much!  I never received this package from eevee’s. I’ve reached out inquiring about it, perhaps my batch 3 already has the upgraded parts?  

regardless, I owe you a beer!  

4 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Thank you very much!  I never received this package from eevee’s. I’ve reached out inquiring about it, perhaps my batch 3 already has the upgraded parts?  

regardless, I owe you a beer!  

My batch 3 didn't, I have to "wait" for my package but a friend wasn't going to use his anytime soon so I got his meanwhile and he will get mine when it arrives.

Good to know, thanks!! Waiting for their response back as I believe @Clem604 got his from Eevee's already as well.  

Is the suspension clamp a lot better design?  The rest of the parts I don't really care to much for, but I'll take em if they are free.   Speaking of which I still need to track down a android phone/tablet to update my software on the wheel, they failed to do that at the shop.  

Edited by CDINPHX

6 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

Good to know, thanks!! Waiting for their response back as I believe @Clem604 got his from Eevee's already as well.  

Is the suspension clamp a lot better design?  The rest of the parts I don't really care to much for, but I'll take em if they are free.   Speaking of which I still need to track down a android phone/tablet to update my software on the wheel, they failed to do that at the shop.  

It's stronger, old one was cast and was prone to cracking, new one is CNC.

New Nylonove parts arrived. Adjustment knobs and brake light. Now to find a decent headlight, we’ll one that doesn’t blind everyone. Might be on a wild goose hunt there!  

sadly the winds back up again to 50kph again tonight. No riding here or archery. Just dingo walks and fetch 

Edited by CDINPHX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

I haven't recieved the package yet from @eevees but I think they are coming in with the next LK order they are receiving in early June so I'll be contacting them soon.

I assume the shipment for Toronto is on the same boat. That’s the timeframe I was given for my parts here as well. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:15 PM, CDINPHX said:

Now to find a decent headlight, we’ll one that doesn’t blind everyone. 

Ask and you shall receive 😃

https://hulaj.market/en/veteran-sherman-s/1295-front-lamp-cyclop-to-sherman-s.html

It looks to be an LED inside a projector, possibly similar to the V11.  The description says that it has a proper beam cutoff, is brighter, and has a wider beam than the stock headlight. I'm buying this as soon as it comes back in stock. I'll post some pics whenever I actually get it.

Edit: Since the Patton uses the same stock headlight as the Sherman S this may also work on that.

Edited by Clem604
  • Thanks 2

WTF that was not on his website the other week when I bought the other parts. Grrr!!!!  I’ll add it to the wishlist and upgrade later for fall riding.  Btw you need to stop recommending kit, I’m going broke!  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CDINPHX said:

WTF that was not on his website the other week when I bought the other parts. Grrr!!!!  I’ll add it to the wishlist and upgrade later for fall riding.  Btw you need to stop recommending kit, I’m going broke!  

Haha I check AliExpress, Hulaj, and Etsy every few days to see if there is new stuff to buy for the wheel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clem604 said:

Haha I check AliExpress, Hulaj, and Etsy every few days to see if there is new stuff to buy for the wheel.

That’s me and archery kit. I’m still working on if I can do drive by archery shooting at the club. Might need to get a horse bow!  I think I can do it and maintain balance. If I can I’ll try to get film  was trying the other night but holding a stick out to the side. The hard part will be the draw on the bow. 

Edited by CDINPHX
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Go buy a Kriega R25. It transfers the entire load to your sternum and off the shoulders. They are well known bags in the ADV motorcycle world.  I’ve had mine for 10 years it’s still amazing. Scroll thru the pics to see how it sits on your chest

https://kriega.us/backpacks-1/r25-backpack

Edited by CDINPHX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CDINPHX said:

Interesting, not my cup of tea I’d rather have the weight on my back.  but looks like a good back for that purpose. 

only looked one up as I rode 100 miles and my back shoulders was hurting and got a trapped nerve it's a good option if needed or keep it in your backpack if things start to get heavy 

If you are getting shoulder /back pain, you need to really look at a better pack and one with a waist/hip belt and a internal frame.  There should be minimal to no weight on your shoulders(maybe 10-15%) of the pack weight at most. Wearing a pack without a frame(typical day pack) and carrying anything more then 30lbs for extended periods is horrible on the back and shoulders. 

The reason I suggest the Kriega R25 is because it transfers the weight into your chest and not thru the shoulder and you are able to move your shoulders/etc around with no restrictions or pressure points.  It is extremely comfortable and I wore mine all day on the motorcycles standing up with 20-25lbs in it with zero issue.   I would not carry more then 25-30lbs/etc on any pack without a frame/hipbelt for any extended period of time.  

If you do get a bag with a hip belt(proper hip belt with padding that wraps around to the front of the hips, not the bs 1" webbing type)), I would suggest going with mystery ranch, you can get a seriously nice bags from them (pop up 28/etc).  The founder of that company came from I think it was Mountain smith(the designer/founder of all modern expedition bags), they are one of the top manufactures of bags in the worl (quality is amazing)  You can wear their packs all day without discomfort.  

13 hours ago, stephen said:

only looked one up as I rode 100 miles and my back shoulders was hurting and got a trapped nerve it's a good option if needed or keep it in your backpack if things start to get heavy 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 5:45 AM, Clem604 said:

Here's a new tail light to replace the mediocre stock one. It looks much larger and brighter than the original. I'm going to order it and I'll post some pictures when it arrives.

https://hulaj.market/en/veteran-sherman-s/1157-rear-lamp-for-euc-veteran-sherman-s.html

Order this and just received it. Plugged it in - and nothing - didn’t work!😫 There is no on/off switch, just plug the 3.5mm Jack in like the original, but no light. I’ve emailed them to let them know. It seems a well put together light - not sure what the issue is. Will update when I know more

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stevebee said:

Order this and just received it. Plugged it in - and nothing - didn’t work!😫 There is no on/off switch, just plug the 3.5mm Jack in like the original, but no light. I’ve emailed them to let them know. It seems a well put together light - not sure what the issue is. Will update when I know more

Mine is on the way in the mail. I hope your issue gets resolved as it is likely that I will have the same issue.

16 hours ago, Stevebee said:

I got mine today and not tested it, need to plug in in today and see

• Like 1