Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

2 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Oh that is not bad at all. I was thinking you might be down and out for a bit. What was the damage? Parts/etc 

I replaced both (front+rear) of the metal battery cases and the fender. Parts+labour+tax =$800 😬

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I replaced both (front+rear) of the metal battery cases and the fender. Parts+labour+tax =$800 😬

I may have reported this post by mistake went to hit share. If so I apologize, I did not meant to do that. 

That’s not to bad, I thought you had a lot more damage with the main board/etc. 

• Like 1

Still waiting for the new parts, including the better pedals.
I added a bunch of beefy zip ties clasp side up, around the front edge and centre of the  pedals. Much more traction now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah the shinko 241 is minimal to wide also with about 86mm on the rim...it might fit perfect if the rim is centered 100% perfect which isnt the case in 99% of all wheels 

Edited by onkeldanuel

1 hour ago, Paul D said:

The new trolley handle is much nicer. The new pedals seem to have plenty of grip. I installed the new suspension clamps while changing the tire and I didn’t see anyimage.thumb.jpg.e8e6ec1faa0a77c7b31c8d64b89bd1ae.jpg issues during the breakdown. The Shinko 244 seems a bit too wide. 

That does look to be tight. Any issues with rubbing that you have noticed? Funny noises?  

8 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Still waiting for the new parts, including the better pedals.
I added a bunch of beefy zip ties clasp side up, around the front edge and centre of the  pedals. Much more traction now. 

Same talked with Eevees a few weeks back they were waiting on their parts as well now that being said who knows when I’ll get them. Only par till likely use is the trolly handle. I’ll replace the clamps on the suspension when I swap out the wheel. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

That does look to be tight. Any issues with rubbing that you have noticed? Funny noises?  

Very subtle rubbing noises when turning tight corners. I’ll have to open it up to investigate soon. I’m worried the plastic battery covers will get worn through. 

10 hours ago, Paul D said:

Very subtle rubbing noises when turning tight corners. I’ll have to open it up to investigate soon. I’m worried the plastic battery covers will get worn through. 

Curious as to how your getting it on tight corners?  Is there okay in the wheel?  The tyre deformation should be gone. Hmm. I was measuring both my tyres last night and my Shinko 244 looks like it is narrower then the installed stock tyre. Presuming it’ll expand slightly once inflated though. What pressure are you running at?  

something we use to do as kids was shave the outsides of tyres for our gocarts  we built. We would use whatever we could get our hands on for tyres that fit the rim. Then we would sit for hours sanding/shaving to make them fit. Oh the memories. 

Wish they would make these euc’s actually fit other tyres besides what they ship. And have clearance for twigs/rocks/branches. They are getting better though. Curious to see the new inmotion adv series. 

Edited by CDINPHX
  • Like 1

anyone notice any thing off with the stock knobby tire on the Sherman S , or is it just me? When i get to like 30 mph , i feel that the wheel is grabbing me to the right a lot. Other than that, the ride is stable 

15 minutes ago, WILSONEUC said:

anyone notice any thing off with the stock knobby tire on the Sherman S , or is it just me? When i get to like 30 mph , i feel that the wheel is grabbing me to the right a lot. Other than that, the ride is stable 

Nope, not here, is it properly seated? No wobbles or oscillations?

38 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Nope, not here, is it properly seated? No wobbles or oscillations?

No oscillations, and No wobbles. The wheel is perfectly seated. I will give it more miles and see what i feel at the 500 mile mark. I dont ride everyday so possibly just need more time with it. However I feel like it is train tracking i think that is word for it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

Nope. But it does want to tip while turning if you lean to far past the center line. Unlike a street tire with a round profile the knobby has a few flatter sides. I’m still learning that part of the design. 

• Upvote 2

Same here, I notice the tyre doesn't like to lean on the street above 30-40kph,  but now that i am dong more trail riding the tyre is actually enjoyable and provides a lot of grip.  THink that will be why I switch to the shinko here shortly as I get a tyre that does both.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Nope. But it does want to tip while turning if you lean to far past the center line. Unlike a street tire with a round profile the knobby has a few flatter sides. I’m still learning that part of the design. 

That is probably it, it is the way the roads are formed, and sometimes crests at the edges,  and the center of the tire flops to the right for the most part (since i ride the right side). It is not as drastic as the Hero stock knobby but still noticeable . Yea im thinking of switching to Shinko too 

I’m not savvy on the differences between various battery technologies and associated hardware/software, much less what is specifically in the SS, so wanted to pose a question to the community:

What would best practices for safety and longevity of battery cells be?

- Should I be topping off the charge after each ride/use if possible, or is it better to drain the battery through usage and recharge when near empty (when feasible/convenient to do so)

- Is there any appreciable benefit from using a 3rd party charger that is more feature-rich? If so, which features are the important ones to look out for and is there any well regarded model of charger that is often recommended?

Thanks all!

Edited by Kamber

I just received my Sherman S upgrade package from Eevees.  It came with everything I expected but there is  a new beeper/alarm. I wonder what's different about this one?

20230707_190032.thumb.jpg.b5157924e7c0cab445e6b3fa7ccfaba5.jpg

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I just recieved my Sherman S upgrade package from Eevees. 

If you don't mind, could you take a close up of the stanchion clamp half-shell (from both sides). Just curious as to how they strengthened it. Thanks.

• Like 1