Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

59 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Spring washers?

The old light screws have these. They stop the screw from backing out.  But I can’t get it tight enough to hold the light in place. It’s very firm but any jostling and the light shifts down. I’ll put thicker o-rings btw the light and the little spacers they provided to provide additional friction to hopefully stop this movement. 

love the light went for a rip the other night at like 1am to test it out wow is all I can say. that’s also how I noticed it started shifting. That being said the stock light likely did this too. 

5 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

The old light screws have these. They stop the screw from backing out.  But I can’t get it tight enough to hold the light in place. It’s very firm but any jostling and the light shifts down. I’ll put thicker o-rings btw the light and the little spacers they provided to provide additional friction to hopefully stop this movement.

Do you have the blocks oriented in the correct direction? I originally had them installed in the wrong direction, resulting in the floppy light.

Yup the blocks are oriented properly., well I think they are. There were two sets provided, I am using the thicker set, the smaller are the same but about 2-3mm thinner.  There is a groove/cutout on the back of each block that interlocks with ridge on the handles on each side to prevent them from spinning. This results in the blocks not moving at all, but if i tighten anymore the handle starts to deform inwards.  Its fairly tight, I can move the light by hand with effort, but if I hit any chatter on the road the light drops down..  

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 12:28 PM, CDINPHX said:

but if I hit any chatter on the road the light drops down..  

Even though mine tightens down I find on massive bumps the light still shifts down a bit over time. I just bought a bunch of rubber washers from Home Depot which I hope will fix this.

Edit: Not enough room between the blocks and the washers. Instead, I just cranked the two headlight screws as tight as they can possibly go so we'll see if that works.

Edited by Clem604

19 minutes ago, GH0ST said:

I installed the lights today and they work so much better.  Mine seems to be holding up on it's own.  I did use the screws from the original lights.

Keep and eye on it so see if the beam dips more and more as you hit bumps and whatnot. I tightened the shit out of mine and it seems to be holding but time will tell.

9 hours ago, Clem604 said:

Even though mine tightens down I find on massive bumps the light still shifts down a bit over time. I just bought a bunch of rubber washers from Home Depot which I hope will fix this.

Edit: Not enough room between the blocks and the washers. Instead, I just cranked the two headlight screws as tight as they can possibly go so we'll see if that works.

Have you tried the smaller blocks? I haven't yet either, but will this weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demian B said:

I searched and couldn't find out how to update my Sherman S firmware.  Help please!

Leaperkim app for Android.

I just updated from 3.0.5 to 3.0.10. First update ever on this 2k mile S. Never had a cutout on this wheel. I was doing low speed carves around safety cones, getting more comfortable with sharp twists and the sherman just dropped around a cone!  I stepped off and don’t think i had to turn it on again. How can i adjust lean angle shutoff?  That’s all i can imagine it was. Sucks because i was just starting a 50+ miler. I’m going anyway. Hope nothing goes wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Demian said:

How can i adjust lean angle shutoff?

This thread shows it's possible after 3.0.09 but i am not familiar with the app. Sorry i can be more helpful.

I would be careful how much you make it though, Ive seen a video of the v13 spinning around like a jumping jack firework when someone fell off it in berm mode.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tyyy said:

How do you measure the torque?

Thanks for sharing the tutorial :thumbup:

Torque wrench.

image.thumb.png.e6606518f62f194b2dd021435da21bc9.png

• Like 1

Perhaps others have encountered this and have experience in finding solutions:

I've been riding the Sherman S for a while now and love it; have quickly become accustomed to it and comfortable despite it being my first wheel. After the initial learning curve, it's been nothing but super confidence inspiring and stable.

I'm using Nylonove pedals and pads, and my one biggest qualm is that the pedals are not nearly wide enough for my preference. The sides and front of my foot are constantly hanging off the pedals as I prefer a duckfooted stance (Like this: \ | / ); a big part of that is just my body's natural preference (the same applied to my preferred foot stance for squatting and deadlifting), but the size of my calves (which are pretty average for my size, but I'm a large person at 6ft tall 230lbs) and ergonomics of the wheel prevent me from point my feet and toes straight without being bowlegged. Front of foot/toes hanging off doesn't really bother me and seems super common, but I do think that if my pedals were wide enough for the entire width of my feet to be on the pedal, it'd be much more comfortable and stave off fatigue better during longer rides. The pedal angle that I'm using right now is pretty close to flat (maybe 80-85 degrees) and feels comfortable/to my preference. I've briefly tried a friend's wheel whose pedal angle is a lot sharper (closer to 70 degrees) and it didn't really feel right for me.

What are the widest pedals available for this wheel, and how have others who prefer a duckfooted stance addressed the issue of the sides of their feet hanging off the pedals?

Thanks all!

4 hours ago, Kamber said:

What are the widest pedals available for this wheel, and how have others who prefer a duckfooted stance addressed the issue of the sides of their feet hanging off the pedals?

I too think the Nylonove pedals are a bit narrow for my preferred stance but I'm using them anyways since I paid so much for them 😅. You're in luck, they make a pedal just for people with a duck footed stance.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKGzx2W

• Like 3

On 8/3/2023 at 11:19 AM, Clem604 said:

No not yet but I may try that if what I did doesn't work, so far so good though.

Still cannot get my light to not stop moving. Annoying, I’ll likely duct tape it in place.  Sigh it’s a fantastic light  

I also somehow managed to crack my trolly handle no idea when or where as I haven’t dropped it., I may end up caving and buying the metal one ugh.  

19 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

I also somehow managed to crack my trolly handle no idea when or where as I haven’t dropped it., I may end up caving and buying the metal one ugh.

Aren’t You getting the extra parts from leperkim? You’ll be getting a second trolly handle with those parts. 

• Like 1