Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Speaking of the devil, was doing some maintenance on my suspension just now and when screwing the clamp back on according to LeaperKim spec of 8Nm one of the holes on the motor bracket where you screw the clamp on de-threaded completely and is now completely loose.

I feared that to hell after i got the cnc clamps (before i broke a casting clamp at 4nm) and went with 6-7nm because the motorbracket it gets screwed onto is threaded in poor casted aluminium too and you dont do that often (screw/unscrew the clamp) with 8nm for sure...

Shit man

3 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

I feared that to hell after i got the cnc clamps (before i broke a casting clamp at 4nm) and went with 6-7nm because the motorbracket it gets screwed onto is threaded in poor casted aluminium too and you dont do that often (screw/unscrew the clamp) with 8nm for sure...

Shit man

It's not the clamps themselves that broke rather the bracket you screw them onto, I have a theory of why it happened, there might have been some dirt in the hole and the screw and hole is about the same length no margins so dirt caused screw to be pushed out in a unnatural way when screwing it back in, this is my most reasonable guess as the rest of them could be torqued properly.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

It's not the clamps themselves that broke rather the bracket you screw them onto, I have a theory of why it happened, there might have been some dirt in the hole and the screw and hole is about the same length no margins so dirt caused screw to be pushed out in a unnatural way when screwing it back in, this is my most reasonable guess as the rest of them could be torqued properly.

Yes i understood what broke, but its not cnc like it better should be right? I mean that chinese casting parts look like its made from powder with water , lol

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

Yes i understood what broke, but its not cnc like it better should be right? I mean that chinese casting parts look like its made from powder with water , lol

I believe it's aluminum which is very soft and easy to de-thread if unlucky.

If it is aluminum, then it is very easy to rethread using a thread repair kit that includes thread inserts. In many cases, the rethreaded connection will be substantially stronger than the original threading.

Edited by txwheel
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

How waterproof are the Sherman?  I’m going to wrap the top of the EUC with a clear garbage bag and tape it in place to protect the motherboard/etc?  I need to find a shower cap/small bag rain cover or something If I am going to continue commuting to work on it. 

appreciate any feed back as the skies opened up today!  

47 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

How waterproof are the Sherman?  I’m going to wrap the top of the EUC with a clear garbage bag and tape it in place to protect the motherboard/etc?  I need to find a shower cap/small bag rain cover or something If I am going to continue commuting to work on it. 

appreciate any feed back as the skies opened up today!  

Charge port area would be the weak point, just make sure it's closed properly.

Thanks, I'll make sure of that and the bag is taped below this. Should be entertaining, I have ridden in a drizzle, but this is a consistent rain. Should be entertaining as I grabbed my hunting rain suit to wear home, be fully decked out in camo, riding in the rain.  Need to find my frogg toggs suit, nut sure where that is from my move, hate to wipe out in the hunting suit as it was not cheap.  

3 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@Clem604 😍😍 looks great! 😍😍
What’s on the side of your handle? Horn, light? 

Yeah thanks, I think it looks great too. The utilitarian style of the headlight light really fits the look of the Sherman S. That white thing is a small blinky light. It works well as I've noticed oncoming traffic is able to see me much better at night and slows down. 

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Ooo I like that throw pattern much better then the og light. 

mine just got delivered!!!!!! I know what I am doing tonight 

Re-use the bolts from the original light and not the two black ones that come with the new light otherwise it doesn't tighten enough and flops around. It took me about 15 minutes to figure this out :lol:

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

Just recieved the CNC AliExpress trolley handle+seat today. It appears to be of good quality and has a nice handle. The only downside is that the seat is a little slick so I might add some baby foam to give it some more grip. One of the improvements on this handle is that now I can pop it up one handed. Another huge improvement is how much control I have of the Sherman while trolleying now because the handle isn't flexing constantly, it reminds me of the of the V13 trolley handle. It comes in 4 colours and I chose black to match the rest of the wheel.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMGVnIi

The new handle vs the Leaperkim handle V2

SmartSelect_20230727_180041_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2f20c0241da2229ebc0f927f6462c2df.jpg

SmartSelect_20230727_180058_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6b6c418783e32219c6769789721e379a.jpg

SmartSelect_20230727_180117_Gallery.thumb.jpg.49b23399133e04066721a6e49b3496c6.jpg

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Clem604 said:

Just recieved the CNC AliExpress trolley handle+seat today. It appears to be of good quality and has a nice handle. The only downside is that the seat is a little slick so I might add some baby foam to it to make it "stickier". One of the improvements on this handle is that now I can pop the handle up one handed. Another huge improvement is how much control I have of the Sherman while trolleying now because the handle isn't flexing constantly, reminds me of the feeling of the V13 handle. It comes in 4 colours and I chose black to match the rest of the wheel.

SmartSelect_20230727_180041_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2f20c0241da2229ebc0f927f6462c2df.jpg

SmartSelect_20230727_180058_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6b6c418783e32219c6769789721e379a.jpg

SmartSelect_20230727_180117_Gallery.thumb.jpg.49b23399133e04066721a6e49b3496c6.jpg

Nice, mine comes in today. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 1:14 PM, Clem604 said:

Re-use the bolts from the original light and not the two black ones that come with the new light otherwise it doesn't tighten enough and flops around. It took me about 15 minutes to figure this out :lol:

Hmm, I cannot get even the stock bolts tohld the light tight. As soon as I hit bumps/etc it shifts down.  Did you install the little metal cover with it as well?

On 7/27/2023 at 7:02 PM, Clem604 said:

Just recieved the CNC AliExpress trolley handle+seat today. It appears to be of good quality and has a nice handle. The only downside is that the seat is a little slick so I might add some baby foam to give it some more grip. One of the improvements on this handle is that now I can pop it up one handed. Another huge improvement is how much control I have of the Sherman while trolleying now because the handle isn't flexing constantly, reminds me of thep of the V13 handle. It comes in 4 colours and I chose black to match the rest of the wheel.

H\ow much was the trolley handle shipped? The link doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment.

17 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Hmm, I cannot get even the stock bolts tohld the light tight. As soon as I hit bumps/etc it shifts down.  Did you install the little metal cover with it as well?

I didn't install the metal cover I just used the one that was on there. 

17 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

H\ow much was the trolley handle shipped? The link doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment.

The trolley handle was around $215 shipped. Since riding with it I've come to the conclusion that the seat is way too firm and uncomfortable so I'm keeping the handle but I'm replacing the seat.

• Like 1

I got my trolly handle from here

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805602875997.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.3.382cf19cr85z9t&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

$163.51 shipped.
Seller is : Estway whell Store 

Took about a couple weeks to get to the USA. Customer support from the seller was friendly too. Im interested in checking out the sherman s pedals they are providing now...

Like the other forum poster revealed, the trolly handle has a bar that connects across above the led screen. You dont really need the bar installed, but if you do, make sure the bar rounded part is facing towards the rider. Trolly handle wont lock in place when erected, if the rounded part is facing away (unless you loosen the screws by a couple of threads)

Also , do not throw away the stock ph2 and hex screws connecting your factory trolly. You will need them for the installation as they are not provided from estway wheelstore. The only screws provided are for the new brackets that come for this setup.  Use hand tools and be gentle to the factory trolly handle screws, they are cheap and easy to strip!! (learned this the hard way)

The seat included on the trolly handle  is very small, about triple the width of the factory seat. It is adhered with 3M . Easy to tear off and replace with another seat option. The seat is very slippery too. I would advize getting another seat made of grippy material, or apply baby bumper foam over the seat .

Edited by WILSONEUC
  • Like 1

Wow, that’s an expensive handle. For some reason, the link still isn’t working for me which is odd because I used to shop off AliExpress. Doesn’t matter though I highly doubt I will buy one. 

So, even with the stock bolts for the light I cannot get that headlight tight enough it just flops down if I hit a bump or any bumps in the sidewalk. Think I’m gonna put an O-ring in between the light and the two supplied blocks. Something that allows it to grip.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Wow, that’s an expensive handle. For some reason, the link still isn’t working for me which is odd because I used to shop off AliExpress. Doesn’t matter though I highly doubt I will buy one. 

So, even with the stock bolts for the light I cannot get that headlight tight enough it just flops down if I hit a bump or any bumps in the sidewalk. Think I’m gonna put an O-ring in between the light and the two supplied blocks. Something that allows it to grip.

Spring washers?