Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

On 7/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, WILSONEUC said:

I

I was considering getting 244 on my Sherman S, do i get the same size as my stock knobby?  NOW im getting comfortable with that Shinko tire on my Master, so having it on my Sherman S might be a good choice. Is 244 on the Sherman S handle good at high speeds or is the stock knobby better in that regard. The stock knobby feels planted  in many cases but hard to turn when i reach 25 miles hr.   Anyone know if there is an "easy" way to install a tire on this or piont me to a video for it?

Try this method with whichever you choose, the idea behind it (making the inner circumference larger) makes sense, even the inner tube can be put into the tyre, so long as you orientate it for the valve hole, and leave a little wriggle room, sorry I didn’t press send earlier, having read about your tube pinch:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

so i botched my tire change, and pinched my stock tube, the tubes i bought do not have curved valve, i can not find inner tubes online for replacement, any leads?

Are you using motorcycle tire tools by any chance? They aren’t suitable for tubed EUC tires, as you learned. Plastic bicycle tire spoons and tire lube are your best bet.

Best sources for EUC tubes are EUC shops. Trying to find suitable tubes from anywhere else has cost me hours of work without a single result.

51 minutes ago, smash said:

I’ve been told by some that enabling high speed mode decreases torque. Can anyone confirm? And if so, would you know by how much?

No it does not, torque is the same, we don't know for sure but most likely high speed mode is field weakening which means at higher speeds there is less torque but it's nothing that you will notice, the tradeoff and takeaway would be faster battery drain due to higher current draw (if you ride fast).

2 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

so i botched my tire change, and pinched my stock tube, the tubes i bought do not have curved valve, i can not find inner tubes online for replacement, any leads?

Several outlets here in U.K., ironic really, given that they’re more legal Stateside than here! E-Rides have a selection of sizes available.

6 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

https://parts.eevees.com/collections/tires-tubes. should be the 2.75 x14

Edited by CDINPHX
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Are you using motorcycle tire tools by any chance? They aren’t suitable for tubed EUC tires, as you learned. Plastic bicycle tire spoons and tire lube are your best bet.

Best sources for EUC tubes are EUC shops. Trying to find suitable tubes from anywhere else has cost me hours of work without a single result.

Why are they not suitable?  This is what I use and they worked perfectly, all my past motorcycles were tubed tires as well. 

15 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Try this method with whichever you choose, the idea behind it (making the inner circumference larger) makes sense, even the inner tube can be put into the tyre, so long as you orientate it for the valve hole, and leave a little wriggle room, sorry I didn’t press send earlier, having read about your tube pinch:

Thanks , I will reallly be doing that next time!! i have a bunch of zip ties !!

Edited by WILSONEUC

11 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Thanks, tried searching for one with bent stem but could not find it by searching 2.75x14 size. However 18x3" is the alternative sizing for tubes i found out. eWheels is sending me some along with my Sherman upgrades.
https://www.ewheels.com/product/18x3-innertube/

Will be great to show this in my next tire change live stream on my channel . I have 4 parts so far and obviously ended it after pinching the tube . lol. Also bought pilot street 2  and If im patient enough ill wait till that comes in next week and put that on instead the shinko. 

Edited by WILSONEUC

1 hour ago, WILSONEUC said:

Thanks, tried searching for one with bent stem but could not find it by searching 2.75x14 size. However 18x3" is the alternative sizing for tubes i found out. eWheels is sending me some along with my Sherman upgrades.
https://www.ewheels.com/product/18x3-innertube/

Will be great to show this in my next tire change live stream on my channel . I have 4 parts so far and obviously ended it after pinching the tube . lol. Also bought pilot street 2  and If im patient enough ill wait till that comes in next week and put that on instead the shinko. 

If you already put an tubeless tire on then why not simply put a tl valve and you are tubeless....only buy an 8.3mm tubeless valve 90 degree angled and you are set....sherman s rim is perfect for it, ive done exactly this (no need for sealant or anything else, it works with any pump, even an handpump)

You then have nothing but benefits, no pinching tubes anymore, even smoother ride perfectly centered tire possible , lower or higher psi whatever you want. Valve costs like 10 bucks on amaz...for example

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 6:48 AM, WILSONEUC said:

anyone notice any thing off with the stock knobby tire on the Sherman S , or is it just me? When i get to like 30 mph , i feel that the wheel is grabbing me to the right a lot. Other than that, the ride is stable 

My stock Kenda kobby stock tire felt super wobbly and unstable until it broke in.  At about 300 miles carving became so so much easier and predictable.

10 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

Will be great to show this in my next tire change live stream on my channel

Hi Wilson, I watched your video and it looked like you forgot to hit the power button (before) you unplugged it from the wheel. Also i cant be certain but it also looks like you had the cordless drill going the wrong direction to loosen the shell bolts. However i would always suggest not using power tools when working on the wheel, there are to many small screws to strip/break. You should get yourself a good set of t-handle allens. It takes a little longer but the chance of breaking or stripping things goes way down. Thanks for sharing though.

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2023 at 7:46 PM, Clem604 said:

Ask and you shall receive 😃

https://hulaj.market/en/veteran-sherman-s/1295-front-lamp-cyclop-to-sherman-s.html

It looks to be an LED inside a projector, possibly similar to the V11.  The description says that it has a proper beam cutoff, is brighter, and has a wider beam than the stock headlight. I'm buying this as soon as it comes back in stock. I'll post some pics whenever I actually get it.

The "Cyclop" light has just been made available so I ordered one. It will be here in a week or so, so I'll post up some comparison pics with the stock headlight. I hope it's a big upgrade because it wasn't cheap 😅 

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Clem604 said:

The "Cyclop" light has just been made available so I ordered one. It will be here in a week or so, so I'll post up some comparison pics with the stock headlight. I hope it's a big upgrade because it wasn't cheap 😅 .

do patton and sherman-s have same lights?

48 minutes ago, unicycle bunny said:

They definitely do not have the same OEM headlight. My SS light is significantly brighter with a longer throw and broader beam than my buddy’s Patton.

2 hours ago, unicycle bunny said:

I think so? It looked like they had the same headlight the last time I saw the Patton.

SmartSelect_20230713_144549_Gallery.jpg.6772b4f3879048b153db7fdc7026000e.jpg

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

I think so? It looked like they had the same headlight the last time I saw the Patton.

SmartSelect_20230713_144549_Gallery.jpg.6772b4f3879048b153db7fdc7026000e.jpg

Interesting. I’ll have to compare closer next time I’m with my buddy’s Patton. We were riding together at an unlit turf field one night and there was a HUGE difference in output. Wondering if it was just a difference in brightness setting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kamber said:

Interesting. I’ll have to compare closer next time I’m with my buddy’s Patton. We were riding together at an unlit turf field one night and there was a HUGE difference in output. Wondering if it was just a difference in brightness setting.

You can't change brightness setting, perhaps his has a defect?

On 7/12/2023 at 3:36 AM, CDINPHX said:

Why are they not suitable?  This is what I use and they worked perfectly, all my past motorcycles were tubed tires as well. 

EUC rims tend to be a bit scratch prone so they easily leave pretty bad marks on the rim. And the motorcycle tools are often a cause for ruined tubes for people who don’t have your expertise. Besides, they aren’t needed.

Let’s be clear no expertise here!  most of the tyre levers Come with rim protectors as well, looks like garden hosed you can pry in and not scratch/chip the rim. . I suspect most are trying to get to big of a bit with the spoon, instead of working in small areas and likely using minimal Lube.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Does anyone have the aftermarket light from nylonove?  I’m curious if you’ll lose the beeper I’m guessing likely.

It looks to me like it comes with its own beeper pre-installed on the rear, and I can't really imagine they would allow you to lose this important for safety aspect of their installation!

front-lamp-cyclop-to-sherman-s.jpg

Front lamp CYCLOP to Sherman S (hulaj.market)