Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

30 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

My main takeaway from the crash is that I'm going to watch my speeds going down steep hills. The Sherman S is going to be out of commission for a while I source replacement parts and have it all replaced/repaired which is a bummer because the summer weather is now upon us. What also sucks is that it looks like the all replacement parts that I need totals around $450-500CAD ($300-375USD). On a positive note, when my recover from my injuries I'm going to get re-acquainted with my trusty V11 that has been collecting dust for the past few months :thumbup:

Time to get the Indestructible Patton 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I'm not trting to tell you how to ride your wheel - just putting the caveat out there for others (particularly new ridere) that may be reading through.

Cheers!

agree :cheers:

23 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

you can find a controlled place to practice stopping on a steep slope.  It is a skill that you can quickly develop with a little repetition.

I agree that regardless whether he is going to go as fast down very steep hills or not, he should consider figuring out a way to overcome the death wobble on his wheel. It is all part of an electric wheel rider's learning process, and another arrow in the quiver.

No question that doing drills will help improve one's skills.

• Like 1

I noticed a few drops of water under the charging port cover after getting caught in the rain. LK needs to design a better port cover, especially for one facing forward. Any after-market solutions?

On 6/27/2023 at 12:51 PM, Paul D said:

I burned out the stock tire. 

image.jpg

Im considering istalling that tire.  Shinko 244 right?

How has that tire changed the wheels handeling and grip?

17 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Im considering istalling that tire.  Shinko 244 right?

How has that tire changed the wheels handeling and grip?

Yes, Shinko 244. The grip seems really good still and the handling is not drastically different. I do notice that it turns more easily and it’s quite a bit quieter on pavement. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

That's fast. 

Yeah it was about a 5 day turnaround time. It's nice that they have every part for the Sherman S in stock. Hopefully I won't be needing them 😐.

• Like 2

I

On 6/29/2023 at 9:38 AM, Paul D said:

Yes, Shinko 244. The grip seems really good still and the handling is not drastically different. I do notice that it turns more easily and it’s quite a bit quieter on pavement. 

I was considering getting 244 on my Sherman S, do i get the same size as my stock knobby?  NOW im getting comfortable with that Shinko tire on my Master, so having it on my Sherman S might be a good choice. Is 244 on the Sherman S handle good at high speeds or is the stock knobby better in that regard. The stock knobby feels planted  in many cases but hard to turn when i reach 25 miles hr.   Anyone know if there is an "easy" way to install a tire on this or piont me to a video for it?

Edited by WILSONEUC

On 6/30/2023 at 6:32 PM, Clem604 said:

Yeah it was about a 5 day turnaround time. It's nice that they have every part for the Sherman S in stock. Hopefully I won't be needing them 😐.

Oh that is not bad at all. I was thinking you might be down and out for a bit. What was the damage? Parts/etc 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 7:38 AM, Paul D said:

This is my next modification to the wheel. I have it sitting in my garage figure I’ll burn out the Stock tyre provided I can get some decent weather to get out riding. We went from having no rain,  to having  rain and or high winds every couple days now!

I also I need to buy a chest protector my jacket are too hot to wear when I’m trail riding. Asphalt travel no issues, slower then 10kph I’m sweating like a wh&”e in church.  

Edited by CDINPHX