Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Just got my Sherman S 66lb model, it came with old pedals and trolley handle. 🤬

I’m sure your dealer will be getting the gift pack and will forward it on. Even the UK, which is notoriously slow compared to the US, has received the upgrades and is sending them out.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

I get mine tomorrow and it will come with old pedals and Trolley but get the gift set when it arrives to the dealer in about an month i was told

1 hour ago, Stevebee said:

I’m sure your dealer will be getting the gift pack and will forward it on. Even the UK, which is notoriously slow compared to the US, has received the upgrades and is sending them out.

Yes sure but it was supposed to be included already according to LeaperKim but it wasn't. As I design 3D printed accessories this is a bummer and I will have to pay my reseller for express delivery because I don't want to wait 2 months.

Anyone here happen to have a side-by-side photo of new and old trolley handle? I know the main difference but I want to eye the dimensions for a mount I am designing.

What is your charging time with the standard charger? From 75 to 100 (with cell balance finished) is around 4 hours for me... As I know the maximum allowed charging current is 15A, so if I buy an other 10A charger I can use it next to my current charger, or I have to distribute the charging current between the two ports?

On 5/30/2023 at 10:50 AM, Rawnei said:

Please what is you SN or assembly date or QC date i think about Sherman S but my seler have shermans in container 1 moth + more to delivery i want avoid unluck what you have.

40 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Please what is you SN or assembly date or QC date i think about Sherman S but my seler have shermans in container 1 moth + more to delivery i want avoid unluck what you have.

It's batch 3 made in February.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Paul D said:

I broke a pedal during some off-roading. I had a low speed tumble. 

70708998722__D6F847DC-EEB4-415E-84E5-3574EC1F3EB6.jpeg

Exact same thing happened to my friend in a high speed crash, wheel was fine some scrapes but one pedal broke off, it's very bad design, hope you already have the replacement pedals on the way.

What is Best pad for the Sherman S for all purpose (seated riding friendly pad).????

Ive been tinkering left and right with the pads that I own and i just cant find the perfect setup for this wheel other than the Grizzla Pad originals.

So far from my testing the Grizzla pad original version (smaller version) works surprisingly well and has enough width for torque, breaking and can sit down with it without sacrificing pad positioning.

I recently bought and made a video on the clark pad bio-pads , again hype train  made me want to buy it and even though it is an awesome jump pad/ best pad that clark has which i would give it a 5 out of 5 stars in that departmen , it is not really seated riding friendly pad at all. You can make it happen  but it will require sacrificing pad positioning  in favor for seated , loosing contact with the front , and needing to always split your hip just to sit down to get over the large chonkers (torque pad).

MonoCustomize leather pads, they do the job but the pad is bowed out a bit, and the leather has a lot of friction/grab...which i do not like.

I have not tried the clark extremes on my sherman s yet, but I have it on my master and i love it on my master. I have it just right where i want it on my master but i may have to try it out on my sherman .

What are you guys using for pads on your sherman s for seated riding ?

Edited by WILSONEUC

Most pads can be adjusted to feel good riding seated (as long as it's two pieces not one big piece), but some sacrifices other things like bunny hopping capability etc, with my limited experience I feel a good compromise with Grizzla both Classic and Flow (more adjustable).

10 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

What are you guys using for pads on your sherman s for seated riding ?

I have the Grizzla "Flow" pads and I have no issues with seated riding. I'm already used to having to open my legs wider to accommodate the pads from riding my V11 with the regular Grizzla pads.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

Yea i heard good things about those pads as well. Does anyone have a side by side comparison of the clark pad Bio Pads next  to the Grizzla Flows (top down view)? I want to see how deep those pads are   in comparison to each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

First group ride and 7 hour cruise yesterday on the Sherman S 66lb version, this thing is a beast, we did a lot of technical off-road and it performed awesome, very powerful wheel, 66lb spring worked great for me on some very tricky terrain, didn't really think about or feel concerned about the weight of the wheel it's very well balanced was easy to maneuver and throw around around rocks and roots.

Very smooth feeling on pavement also, it's a powerhouse for sure. 10/10 would ride again.

thanks for the report! what's your weight btw? 

1 hour ago, bunny said:

thanks for the report! what's your weight btw? 

Slightly over 100kg geared.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Swapped motor bolts to 12.9 grade steel bolts and torqued them close to spec (I did 17Nm LK says 18Nm),

If you are using flat and lock washers with your new bolts, and if no threadlocker is used, your installation would be a good test case to see whether threadlocker is needed for your use case, which I presume is fairly gnarly since you do offroad and technical stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, techyiam said:

If you are using flat and lock washers with your new bolts, and if no threadlocker is used, your installation would be a good test case to see whether threadlocker is needed for your use case, which I presume is fairly gnarly since you do offroad and technical stuff.

No lock washers, only bolt and blue loctite, LK bolts has a smaller head (not as tall as normal 12.9 bolts) thus adding spacer and lock washer to normal 12.9 bolt (which I didn't have at hand anyway) would make it too tall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

No lock washers, only bolt and blue loctite, LK bolts has a smaller head (not as tall as normal 12.9 bolts) thus adding spacer and lock washer to normal 12.9 bolt (which I didn't have at hand anyway) would make it too tall.

Interesting.

The S22 use loctite, but the bolts have a countersunk head, and no washers are used.

The Master use loctite, but bolts use a lock washer, but no flat washer.

Both of these wheels have axle bolts fastened in aluminum alloy hollow bore axles.

It would be good information to know if loctite alone would do the job, with the axle being made from aluminum alloy.

Interesting, where are you finding the torque spec’s?  Reason being is I am approaching 500kms here likely within the next couple of weeks and I want to take the wheel apart, check out the west/tear, clean it up retorque, likely wheel swap and possibly tubeless setup.  

anyways, I haven’t found the torque settings anywhere, and this is the first reference of a torque I have seen anywhere. Which is awesome, most seem to just loctite and snug up in videos which I have never been a fan of.  

thanks

steve

• Like 1