Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

15 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

I had the OG Sherman with stock knobby for over 2 years. Upgraded to Sherman S with knobby. I've 1,200 ish miles on it. My biggest issue was the tippy getting off balance feel when going higher speeds and in windy conditions. Finally against my will, my fellow riders suggested lowering my PSI from 42 to 32, which solved the issue. It is alot more stable even at windy conditions. No range anxiety at all. Can't go back to non-suspension wheels.

so you getting the same range as your og Sherman, I'm only wanting the S for suspension and range I only speed now and again as I stay off roads so the police won't catch me😊

I usually run 30psi and think I'll have a bit more sag to I might lose a bit more suspension but compared to having none with my og it should be still good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Sherman-S is now out selling the Master at Eevees, and it isn't May yet. It's ranking is right behind the V12. It just may catch up to the Sherman Max. Who knows.

This a 100 lbs wheel.

I see the weight isn't putting anyone off as it stayes more planted just like the og

Edit: I was informed the factory prelubed  some parts on the wheel  before shipping. No leaking or seeping after sipping it away

. False alarm on my end

Batch 3|
I got this wheel 4 days ago.

I was changing my pedals I noticed an oil residue under  left pedal hanger.

I’m not sure if this is a serious issue or just "weeping" which i hear is nothing to be concerned about with oil shocks.
I did put a piece of paper on the floor and had the device standing against the wall overnight just to see if any oil drips.
No oil drippage.

If this is fixable, please let me know what I need to do.
If this is "normal" then I wont worry about it

This is only happening on the Left side.
image.jpeg.4fbe4af9c708aa8d86fb1254fd59e65c.jpeg

Edited by WILSONEUC

37 minutes ago, WILSONEUC said:

Batch 3|

I’m not sure if this is a serious issue or just "weeping" which i hear is nothing to be concerned about with oil shocks.
I did put a piece of paper on the floor and had the device standing against the wall overnight just to see if any oil drips.
No oil drippage.

That looks to be leaking to me . I just checked my Sherman S and no leakage or any oil residue after 1600km's (1000 miles). I would get in touch with whoever you bought it from for a warranty claim.

Edited by Clem604

Quick Sherman question. So I had just left the house at 100%. 100.8v I’m riding 35mph then brake at a stop light. Somewhat hard but rode was completely flat. I’m used to riding an EX30. When i go to start I get extreme tilt back. The screen says “High” something i’m not exactly sure i was trying to get from in the middle of the street as cars were behind me. Then it returns to normal and message disappears.. Then i’m looking at the screen and I see BR blinking. Which i looked up means Right battery pack. but it stopped blinking after a minute. I’ve been riding under 10mph. Wondering what’s up. Do you think it was too much regen. Should I be concerned? After it not presenting any more errors for 5mins. I continue riding i even hit 40mph here and there for an additional 37miles dropping voltage to 91v. Never saw in more errors or had any additional issues. But just a bit concerned as this is my first time owning a Sherman always owned Begode and never encountered this before on any other wheel. Is it okay to ride, should I check something? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WILSONEUC said:

Batch 3|

No oil drippage.

seems like a leak, keep the paper on the floor and stand on the wheel and bounce up and down see if any drips come , take the black bit off the top stantion it might be leaking from the top seal , wrongway had it in his video I think

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Or could it be that Underground EUC is stealing all the sales from the dealers/distributors for Begode and Extreme Bull wheels. :)

can pretty much confirm. They said there were around 50 units brought in for EUC Underground. Where I am has another 40 units ordered and spoken for. Eevees and other retailers aren't gonna be seeing much sales at all for those wheels so their bestsellers list reflects this.

From the activity on the facebook group, id say sherman-s and the EX30 are pretty even. Not scientific whatsoever, but just my observation.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, stephen said:

seems like a leak, keep the paper on the floor and stand on the wheel and bounce up and down see if any drips come , take the black bit off the top stantion it might be leaking from the top seal , wrongway had it in his video I think

Yea I didnt see any dripping after trying what you recommended, nor was there any accumulation around the area. Im not sure what a "top stantion" is that you are referring too. I appreciate the responses while I wait to see what eWheels has to say about it.

6 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

From the activity on the facebook group, id say sherman-s and the EX30 are pretty even. Not scientific whatsoever, but just my observation.

Hard to tell since ewheels.com sells a lot of wheels, and they are the exclusive Veteran distributor in the US. But still, my hunch is that a lot of fast guys are getting the EX30's, and there appears to be a lot of fast guys. :)

I think Inmotion needs to have a wheel that can better compete in this space. 22" and 3024Wh may have missed the mark for this particular market segment. 

With Begode improving build quality and waterproofing, Leaper Kim may need to improve performance too, if they don't want to lose market share in the near future.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

Hard to tell since ewheels.com sells a lot of wheels, and they are the exclusive Veteran distributor in the US. But still, my hunch is that a lot of fast guys are getting the EX30's, and there appears to be a lot of fast guys. :)

I think Inmotion needs to have a wheel that can better compete in this space. 22" and 3024Wh may have missed the mark for this particular market segment. 

With Begode improving build quality and waterproofing, Leaper Kim may need to improve performance too, if they don't want to lose market share in the near future.

a 20" 3600wh inmotion wheel would have been the winner for me. Basically a smaller v13. I noticed what kept alot of people away from the v13 locally was its sheer size. People gravitate to the best "all rounder" even if the wheel is purpose built, they pick the most all rounder of the bunch. 20" wheels are more of an all rounder than 22" wheels. 

I think what all manufacturers should be doing next is working on cell monitoring with their bms. Only ones in this race are leaperkim and begode though. Kingsong and inmotion already have it down. 

The patton is looking to be a great performer at 126v. The sherman-s could have been 126v but I think after the abrams they played it as safe as possible and doubled down on 100v

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

a 20" 3600wh inmotion wheel would have been the winner for me. Basically a smaller v13. I noticed what kept alot of people away from the v13 locally was its sheer size. People gravitate to the best "all rounder" even if the wheel is purpose built, they pick the most all rounder of the bunch. 20" wheels are more of an all rounder than 22" wheels. 

For me, I think a 20" 3600Wh Inmotion wheel would be better suited for group rides. For riding around town by myself, I still prefer a 22" wheel. I am strictly a pavement rider.

I think what all manufacturers should be doing next is working on cell monitoring with their bms. Only ones in this race are leaperkim and begode though. Kingsong and inmotion already have it down.

I am not sure whether there are enough people who are willing to pay for this feature. There are people already complaining about the existing prices.

The patton is looking to be a great performer at 126v.

How can you tell? Maybe it is, but I couldn't tell. I would say the Patton is easier to accelerate and brake than the S22 (not Pro), but I didn't find it easier to accelerate nor brake than my Abrams, oddly enough. I only rode it at low speeds, though, and I am not big nor heavy. I can say I can accelerate and brake easier on my V12 than on the Patton. Maybe for a bigger and heavier rider, or those who can use the pads more effectively, would get different results. I don't know.

On the other hand, I can feel the power on the V13, using stock pads. It is certainly not what I expected.

It is not clear to me that the 126V has helped the S22 or the Patton for how I tested them. The S22 was the most disappointing in this regard. But at the same time, the S22's chassis dynamics and suspension compliance was outstanding. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

What i would like to see is a north American/European built wheel that stands up to the climates we are in, sizes of the people are typically larger as well,  designed with redundancy and maybe an IP67 rating, tubeless setup/etc, tire size that lets us have more choices. Sadly I suspect the pricing would dbl what it is now.  Thought I read somewhere Eevee's was looking into designing their own, but I might be mistaken in that.  

9 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

What i would like to see is a north American/European built wheel that stands up to the climates we are in, sizes of the people are typically larger as well,  designed with redundancy and maybe an IP67 rating, tubeless setup/etc, tire size that lets us have more choices. Sadly I suspect the pricing would dbl what it is now.  Thought I read somewhere Eevee's was looking into designing their own, but I might be mistaken in that.  

The business case is not great, it's a small market, big investment, a lot of R&D, fierce competition, barely anyone would buy one if the price was twice then what it is now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

We all would enjoy more innovation and competition. Given most manufacturing and assembly occurs in PRC, it is easier for a PRC firm to source the parts and technology to build an EUC there. I'm not sure anywhere else could do it.

Well it could easily be done in North America, the facilities exist, sadly as I mentioned the cost would not benefit the return on investment and we would likely be payign 10-15k a wheel.    

I'll settle for the current manufactures, actually thinking about sealing items with gaskets versus silicone and maybe quality screws.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

OG pedal angle too steep. Any other aftermarket Sherm-s pedals that are more flat?

NyloNove pedals are much more flat if you don't dial up the dihedral angle. I found them too flat and increased the angle to make mine closer to the factory pedals' angle. NyloNove pedals also get rid of that gimmicky ratchet BS. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

OG pedal angle too steep. Any other aftermarket Sherm-s pedals that are more flat?

The Nylonove and Aliexpress pedals both have adjustable angle and can be completely flat, I've tried both.

• Like 3