Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

3 hours ago, Freeforester said:

The Master was/is more trouble to most, needs a lot of work, parts, time and money to get working well, compared to a ready to roll ‘S’; maybe they’re not so keen on all that ‘Mastery’, being as they are offering warranty on products they sell, if we were to walk a mile in their shoes (another Master breakdown, possibly), then we might see the cool business sense it makes to offer reliable products. We’d all love to see Begode get its act together, and build some good, working out of the box, pads that stick and batteries that fully charge when asked-type wheels, but they’ve got a bit of a reputation for being ‘slap-dash’, inconsistent, and not wholly reliable for the money, out of the box. This is where they’re letting themselves down, and business minded people aren’t so naive as to overlook their shortcomings any more than savvy customers.

The ‘great Begode turnaround’ may well be on the cusp, but for many, it’ll take quite some time and batches of ‘reliable’ models for their self-tarnished reputation to be forgotten/forgiven.

The first batch of s22s were also a disaster. Every unit needing the motor to be pinned otherwise you can experience stator slip, cutouts and burnt motherboards. Also the sliders on the s22 were bad and needed to be redesigned for the s22 pro and aftermarket sliders exist. Yet the s22 technically sold better than the sherman max for eevees. Im just saying you cant base quality, reliability and popularity on a "bestsellers" list on a website alone

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Clem604 said:

As promised, some pictures of the larger Aliexpress seat. It's larger (obviously) but it's softer and much more comfortable than the upgraded Leaperkim seat. It attatches the same way as the LK seat so I reused the velcro on the trolley handle. I like it so far but we will see after I put some miles on it.

SmartSelect_20230413_172123_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8d5ecbb3befddad1aec889970d749de3.jpgSmartSelect_20230413_172137_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3effc8fb6b4cf875d58f88a279ce40c5.jpgSmartSelect_20230413_172158_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2827999564d4f0bcde29c662da1296fd.jpgSmartSelect_20230413_172243_Gallery.thumb.jpg.16aff1dfbf4bc797dbecafe673da8557.jpg

Mine also arrived yesterday, seems decent, but unfortunately had rain and other things going on here yesterday so haven’t as yet had time to install it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Mine also arrived yesterday, seems decent, but unfortunately had rain and other things going on here yesterday so haven’t as yet had time to install it.

It feels noticeably taller, which I like. What is going to take some adjustment is that I have to give more input for acceleration but braking is now improved as you can hang further back on the wheel which is nice. Not too bad for $75CAD ($56USD)

12 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

isn't one side a damper and one side a shock?

But pre-load is for adjusting sag and since you can adjust pre-load on both sides I am assuming both sides affects sag.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

isn't one side a damper and one side a shock?

correct once you've messed with the setting a bit it will be easy, id just play with the compression and rebound I'd leave the preload doing alone unless your heavy 

Btw is there any sort of consensus over ongoing issues with the Sherman S and the state of those issues?

Some things I was aware of (not reported by everyone but multiple cases):

-Problem with metal mounting part between suspension and battery case cracking and breaking.

-Shocks leaking oil.

-Stiction in suspension system.

-Motor screws breaking off.

-Multuple issues with pedals (I saw LK shipping new ones now)

-Anything else?

Edit, picture of new pedals from Telegram:

IMG_20230415_102149_466.thumb.jpg.abd43dc2c40ebbc5c73bcc5c5fff51db.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Btw is there any sort of consensus over ongoing issues with the Sherman S and the state of those issues?

-Problem with metal mounting part between suspension and battery case cracking and breaking.

-Shocks leaking oil.

-Anything else?

thought there was a new trolley handle

1 hour ago, Stevebee said:

With mine - none of the above

Same, I'm currently at 1550km's and have had zero issues so far. I look forward to taking it to 5000km's before the summer so I can flesh out any issues but hopefully none. Those new pedals look pretty cool though.

8 hours ago, stephen said:
9 hours ago, Rawnei said:

-Shocks leaking oil.

-Anything else?

thought there was a new trolley handle

wonder if the new pedal will be given for free to those that have already bought it

On 4/15/2023 at 10:21 AM, Rawnei said:

-Shocks leaking oil.

-Anything else?

We can check clamp breaking off the list, LK will be releasing an updated fixed version, word is that it should be free for existing owners but as always check with your reseller:

clamp.thumb.jpg.8ec6c0eb750da3343860e05ded6e5647.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really wish there was a guide for all of the items in the onboard Sherman S menu.  This past weekend I noticed that I couldn't get to the 2nd page of menu items by long pressing the OK button until the 2nd beep.  It would show briefly and then disappear as soon as I let go of the button.  I thought I had to go to that page for the High Speed Mode selection.  Well, I just found it on the first page and turned it off.  I experienced incredible range despite the High Speed Mode being on.  With a riding weight of 200 lbs, outside temp of 75 degrees Fahrenheit, tire pressure of 35 psi, and speeds between 25-35 mph on mostly flat pavement or hard dirt, I ended with 63.2 miles and 39% battery remaining immediately after the ride.  Two days later, without charging, DarknessBot shows my SOC as 47%, which doesn't surprise me but worth noting.  I noticed that my wheel seemed like it required more effort to accelerate this weekend, almost like it couldn't "coast" as well as before.  I even checked the axle to make sure something hadn't wrapped around it.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I didn't change the ride mode from Hard and there's no unfamiliar noises.  Jason sent me the new firmware that was released Friday but I don't know how to install it.

On 4/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, Clem604 said:

It feels noticeably taller, which I like. What is going to take some adjustment is that I have to give more input for acceleration but braking is now improved as you can hang further back on the wheel which is nice. Not too bad for $75CAD ($56USD)

Looking forward to an update after you put some miles on it.

• Like 2

Then Sherman S 66 lbs second batch is something created around 20.04.2023 year.

Is this logical i except they fixed this in assembly or not?

This mean Sher S what arive in ship after 3 months can be this batch 2 just oen box plug and play?

If some seler not use AIR shipping. 

IS recognisible just by "new pedals/footplates" instaled":

10 hours ago, Clem604 said:

After 150km's, at least half of those were seated, I can say that this will be replacing my LK seat. Yes it is harder to accelerate due to the softer, more cushy nature of the seat but braking is much improved because you are able to sit and lean further back. Since the seat is taller I think the wheel handles much better as I found the LK seat to be too low which it made the handling very twitchy when seated. A bonus of the  new seat is that my ass no longer slides around as it did on the LK seat which is just due to the difference in material used for the seat. So far I think this seat is a win and I'll be using it until something better comes out, maybe a Luna seat with square attachment points.

Thanks for the update!! I will order one.

• Like 1

If anyone ever get the chance to record a video on changing the motor bolts i would really appreciate it!
I have a Sherman S on the way and seeing that this is an issue for some i might as well just preemptively swap them when it arrives, but i have zero experience with taking an EUC apart besides basic maintenance of the board and inner shell of my old Begode RS.