Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

24 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Is the stock Sherman-S rim designed to work with tubeless tires also?

Tubeless tires do work on the Sherman rim as my Michelin tire is tubeless although I am still using it with a tube.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clem604 said:

Tubeless tires do work on the Sherman rim as my Michelin tire is tubeless although I am still using it with a tube.

Oh, I meant without a inner tube. In general, tubeless tires always work if an inner tube is used.

14 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Oh, I meant without a inner tube. In general, tubeless tires always work if an inner tube is used.

You can run them tubeless on the sherman rim with some modifications.

• Like 1

The guy in the video has been riding it for awhile now. Think he looses 2-3 psi a week if I am remembering the comments correctly. that being said the hole looked a little big for the valve, likely hard to find the exact fit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

The guy in the video has been riding it for awhile now. Think he looses 2-3 psi a week if I am remembering the comments correctly. that being said the hole looked a little big for the valve, likely hard to find the exact fit. 

The Abrams uses a tubeless tire, right from the factory. The tire itself is marked tubeless, and the rim has a ridge all the way around the shoulder of the rim to hold the bead in place better. When mounting a new tire, with enough tire pressure, the tire bead will pop over the ridge and seat properly on the rim. 

But here is the odd part. Even though the tire came tubeless from the factory, the tire beads are still glued to the shoulder of the rim from the factory.

Maybe the person should try gluing the tire beads to the rim too?

One of the tire beads on my Abrams came unglued. Instead of using tire sealant / adhesive, I just used rubber cement. I clean the two surfaces using alcohol, let dry, and then apply the rubber cement on each surface using an artist brush (tire bead, and rim). Don't let the surfaces touch. Wait 5 minutes, then pump it up to seat the tire beads properly first. I used an air nozzle with the valve stem core removed. Put back in the valve stem core, then inflate tire back up to proper tire pressure. 

The tire on my Abrams doesn't lose pressure. 

Edited by techyiam

9 hours ago, stephen said:

where from everywhere I looked says out of stock?

Hulaj Market - they had all 4 types of the Sherman S pedals in stock when I ordered them 12 hours ago, as well as the Kinetic 2.0 pads.

Edited by Kamber

I finally got to shortly try a ShermS yesterday. I’ve been reading on it enough not to have many surprises, but there were a few.

The ergonomics of the wheel are mainly decent, and it only feels slightly bigger than the V11. The width didn’t seem like an issue in a way it does on the S22. But the bare top area of the shocks did feel uncomfortable when mounting and cornering. A cover for that area would be a must for myself.

Accelerating was incredibly slow. I’m used to a V11 with a similarly sized tire, yet the difference was enormous. I took a relatively steep forward lean against the pads, but I just had to hang in there for several seconds as I waited for the wheel to accelerate. Granted, I have adjusted the ride mode settings on my V11 to be very effortless, and I’m pretty sure that the ShermS was in the hard mode which makes it the opposite. Still, no matter how you’d adjust the V11 it would still be easier to accelerate and brake by a huge amount. The wheel’s weight pays a bigger role with this than I would’ve thought. I’m sure there is a very large amount of power available, but accessing it requires way too much physique from the rider for the ShermS to be suitable for the kind of technical off-roading I like to do.

Beeping for power on and power off is extremely loud. No getting out for a ride in the middle of the night without waking someone up. Sure the beeps need to be loud when blasting at 70km/h, but to have the beeps as loud when just powering on the wheel is pretty thoughtless from the manufacturer.

Then there’s the suspension. I weigh 105kg, and this was the 62lbs version. I can agree with every single praise the suspension has ever gotten. This is absolutely a next level system. Some say that an S22 with rollers would be as good, but the S22 (with rollers) that I tried a year ago wasn’t even very close. The ShermS suspension is simply sublime. It behaves extremely well, even while leaving and creating a sideways torque on the shocks.

I really hope that the next Inmotion suspension system is good enough to get at least somewhere near the ballpark, because as a whole the ShermS is definitely very far from being the wheel for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Accelerating was incredibly slow. I’m used to a V11 with a similarly sized tire, yet the difference was enormous. I took a relatively steep forward lean against the pads, but I just had to hang in there for several seconds as I waited for the wheel to accelerate. Granted, I have adjusted the ride mode settings on my V11 to be very effortless, and I’m pretty sure that the ShermS was in the hard mode which makes it the opposite. Still, no matter how you’d adjust the V11 it would still be easier to accelerate and brake by a huge amount. The wheel’s weight pays a bigger role with this than I would’ve thought. I’m sure there is a very large amount of power available, but accessing it requires way too much physique from the rider for the ShermS to be suitable for the kind of technical off-roading I like to do.

interesting especially with 100kg weight , at what speed would you say it picked up speed instantly it's supposed to have good torque once rolling ,I don't usually set off fast anyway but videos I've watched and once mounted it seems to set off instantly, maybe it will be better for some as you can mount it get get in position before it takes off, I'm a long range cruiser and wanted/needed suspension for my ageing body lol ,, looking forward to my assumptions of this ,I ride always soft mode and maybe give you that bit more lean,, cheers for the write up 

17 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

i printed these. they are working great.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5844288/files

20230422_093130.jpg

awesome! 

I was looking at the files and they only seem to be for the left side of the euc. When you print them do you just use a "Mirrored version" or something in the software for the right side? Except for the connectors I guess

I've never printed anything but my buddy has a nice printer.

54 minutes ago, Poker said:

When you print them do you just use a "Mirrored version

Yes after you get everything the way you want it on one side you mirror the stl to print the other side.  It may be called different things depending on the slicer you use, but the ones I have used have a check box to mirror.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
Typo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Poker said:

awesome! 

I was looking at the files and they only seem to be for the left side of the euc. When you print them do you just use a "Mirrored version" or something in the software for the right side? Except for the connectors I guess

I've never printed anything but my buddy has a nice printer.

yes - just mirror them in the slicer (the program that generates the printer's gcode) to get the other side

Anyone know exactly what high speed mode does technically?

What are the downsides to it?

Does PWM alert margin change with the high speed mode on/off?

5 hours ago, stephen said:

at what speed would you say it picked up speed instantly

I didn’t notice any improvement in the ease of acceleration, but I only took it to about 40 km/h. I wish I would’ve asked for a medium or even a soft mode.

5 hours ago, stephen said:

it's supposed to have good torque once rolling

Torque wasn’t the issue. I’m sure it has magnificent torque. But accessing the torque requires a much steeper lean than I’m accustomed to. As if you had a car with great power, but you just need to push the gas pedal much deeper for it to wake up and go, compared to others that are peppy already at the beginning of the gas pedal range.

But the suspension… oh man. Something to daydream about for sure!

That was the biggest plus when I got the Sherman S after my V11 - the suspension was a pleasure all the time. I thought the V11 suspension,  whilst simple, worked really well but it was such an improvement. V11 much easier to manoeuvre and control initially due to the weight

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I didn’t notice any improvement in the ease of acceleration, but I only took it to about 40 km/h. I wish I would’ve asked for a medium or even a soft mode.

Torque wasn’t the issue. I’m sure it has magnificent torque. But accessing the torque requires a much steeper lean than I’m accustomed to. As if you had a car with great power, but you just need to push the gas pedal much deeper for it to wake up and go, compared to others that are peppy already at the beginning of the gas pedal range.

i have been riding the sherm s for over 1000 miles now. at first it was difficult to tap into the power (and braking). i dont seem to notice that anymore. in fact i feel i have way more accel now than i ever did on my v12 - esp at higher speeds.

i think i just learned to be more aggressive on my power pads. 

i guess its like most things: we adapt.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Steve Evans said:

i have been riding the sherm s for over 1000 miles now. at first it was difficult to tap into the power (and braking). i dont seem to notice that anymore. in fact i feel i have way more accel now than i ever did on my v12 - esp at higher speeds.

i think i just learned to be more aggressive on my power pads. 

i guess its like most things: we adapt.

I would agree with this. I’m doing things on the SS that the v11 would die on. Still love the v11 though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If the Sherman S you rode was in hard mode this makes sense.  You gotta try medium or even soft.  Medium significantly changes the responsiveness.  I would almost say the sherman S is unrideable on hard mode - and I'm 105kg, so I have weight to throw around.

What I remember feeling weird was the fact that switching from hard to medium mode didnt necessarily make the pedals feel softer.  Instead it just made the wheel significantly easier to accelarate.  Actually made the wheel feel twice as fast.  Soft mode made the pedals feel soft, which I didnt care for.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

This was my experience as well. I've gotten used to giving the wheel more input for acceleration and braking but the output is also definitely more. On my V11 I never really used the front pads, just the rear ones for braking.

Edited by Clem604

57 minutes ago, wstuart said:

If the Sherman S you rode was in hard mode this makes sense.  You gotta try medium or even soft.  Medium significantly changes the responsiveness.  I would almost say the sherman S is unrideable on hard mode - and I'm 105kg, so I have weight to throw around.

What I remember feeling weird was the fact that switching from hard to medium mode didnt necessarily make the pedals feel softer.  Instead it just made the wheel significantly easier to accelarate.  Actually made the wheel feel twice as fast.  Soft mode made the pedals feel soft, which I didnt care for.  

I tend to ride in medium mode when cruising, but I switch to hard when on more technical single track. I have found hard mode to be less stable at speed when I forget to switch back to medium after some off road riding. 

I’ve been thinking I should just keep it on medium. 

FART = Speed in danish.

I go to fast but I have a lot of fun omn this amazing machine ---- I friggin love it ... rang eaint bad .... Frontlight does not work without the phone app. Acceleration and suspension quality is the best I have tried ever. 

342977504_262536472774431_84955089933947342540669_158172643865884_33644103750874342644173_1173331070733281_4457015832536342439712_776008940584313_17887155457709

"FART" means speed in Danish ....I friggin love this wheel...... amazing power and high fun factor.....

Spoiler

342977504_262536472774431_84955089933947

Edited by Finn Bjerke

Anyone have recommendations on what materials to use on which areas to protect the wheel from hard scrapes/scuffs/dings that would be commonly incurred? New rider here and I’m going be learning on the SS; I’d imagine it will take a few spills in the process and want to protect it to whatever reasonable extent possible.