Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

On 4/20/2023 at 3:47 PM, Forwardnbak said:

The guys at Eriderz lent me a shermanS today. What a great wheel! I only had a brief friendship but we made friends really quickly and I would happily have another play date. 

Nice of E-Riderz to let you take it for a burn! I love mine!

I'm hoping E-Riderz get the support from Leaperkim to provide current owners with the upgraded pedals and suspension mount.

I've had aftermarket pedals and seat on backorder with E-Riderz for around 2 months now.

Edited by Robb0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robb0 said:

Nice of E-Riderz to let you take it for a burn! I love mine!

I'm hoping E-Riderz get the support from Leaperkim to provide current owners with the upgraded pedals and suspension mount.

I've had aftermarket pedals and seat on backorder with E-Riderz for around 2 months now.

It was super nice of them. It’s a great wheel to roll on in my very brief test. I uploaded a video and linked in the video thread. 

I think the ordering pedals are a great idea, i forgot the test the seat but I used to sit on the v11 handle so I’m sure anything is better than that. 

I did sit on it while not rolling and the height seems fine. 

Hope you items turn up soon Robb0

email from ewheels:

-----------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

LK has committed to providing all SS Customers these three upgrades. We're probably looking at about 50-60 days out, for the slow-boat from China to arrive. 

Thank you,

Eric
Sherman-S Upgrades.jpg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Evans said:

email from ewheels:

-----------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

LK has committed to providing all SS Customers these three upgrades. We're probably looking at about 50-60 days out, for the slow-boat from China to arrive. 

Thank you,

Eric
Sherman-S Upgrades.jpg

Well, that is great news!

so all you Sherman-S rider what's your thoughts on your purchase, was it worth it did it meet your expectations with range etc and nimbleness anything you'd like to share, especially for those waiting for one , me included, thanks guys

• Like 1

What power pads has everyone enjoyed using on their SS? This is my first EUC and my batch 3 order is finally arriving on Monday; haven’t yet bought pads and wanted to see what the popular options are that are relatively easy to source for someone in the US. For reference, I’m a 6ft 240lb if that is of consequence.

1 hour ago, stephen said:

so all you Sherman-S rider what's your thoughts on your purchase, was it worth it did it meet your expectations with range etc and nimbleness anything you'd like to share, especially for those waiting for one , me included, thanks guys

I don’t have any regrets. I upgraded from a v11 and it feels like a significant upgrade. Feels very nimble, and at 220 lbs, I don’t feel a lack of power. I’m still waiting on trails to open up. We are having a very long winter. 

The plastic parts that cover the top portion of the suspension are brittle. They are disintegrating on me. Eventually the screws will have nothing to hold on to. 

ETA- stock pedals but with hex screws instead of the Philips and grizzla flow pads. 

Edited by Paul D

58 minutes ago, Kamber said:

What power pads has everyone enjoyed using on their SS? This is my first EUC and my batch 3 order is finally arriving on Monday; haven’t yet bought pads and wanted to see what the popular options are that are relatively easy to source for someone in the US. For reference, I’m a 6ft 240lb if that is of consequence.

I bought the grizzla flow pads but waiting for wheel now, they seem a good size and comfy

1 hour ago, wstuart said:

Im at 800 miles on a batch 1 wheel.  Every ride I ride the Sherman S I'm blown away by the increase in comfort, stability, confidence and performance over every other wheel Ive ridden.  It really is game changing and next level.  The wheel also acheives a performance sweetspot that almost seems to defy physics.  My, EX, MSP and V11 feel like toys now.  It felt like going from $500 Walmart mountainbike to a $7000 downhill bike.  

More on the physics defying:

100lb wheels offer the benefit of stability and inertia going over bumps but at the cost of maneuverability.  Somehow this wheel allows me to have my cake and eat it too.  I dont feel the 100lbs while riding except for the fact that the wheel eats up rough terrain.  Its meneuverable and torquey enough for tight single track trails, yet somehow also has the stability and highspeed performance for faster street riding.  With the exception of huge jumps, I cant think of anything this wheel cant do.  

The only thing i didnt like:

Its taken me 600+ miles to get comfortable on this wheel.  Im a reltively new rider and im very tall sonit might just be me though.   Riding in wind was the last thing I had to get comfortable with - took me about 700 miles.

Ive posted extensively about things ive done to get comfortable on this wheel.  If you do expereince instability I reccomend glancing at those posts. 

thanks for the write up , I've been riding 6 years the weight out me off at first but like you and many others said it's not really noticeable when riding , looking forward to it ,, thx

26 minutes ago, Paul D said:

I don’t have any regrets. I upgraded from a v11 and it feels like a significant upgrade. Feels very nimble, and at 220 lbs, I don’t feel a lack of power. I’m still waiting on trails to open up. We are having a very long winter. 

The plastic parts that cover the top portion of the suspension are brittle. They are disintegrating on me. Eventually the screws will have nothing to hold on to. 

ETA- stock pedals but with hex screws instead of the Philips and grizzla flow pads. 

thanks for that I've had a v11 it was fine but I needed longer range 

58 minutes ago, Paul D said:

grizzla flow pads. 

27 minutes ago, stephen said:

I bought the grizzla flow pads but waiting for wheel now, they seem a good size and comfy

Which size did you guys go for, the big or the compact? Not sure which would be more appropriate for the SS or my size.

1 hour ago, Kamber said:

Im 6'8", 240lbs - my experience might be relevent.  I found proper pad setup to be CRUCIAL, especially for riding in wind.

My comfort and stability on the wheel improved dramatically when I switched to a pad setup that was tight around my ankles and loose around my shins - allowing me to lean forward and back more easily.  The pads that allow you to easily do this are the Nylonove Kinetics and Grizzla Flows that have 3 hinged sections.  I highly reccomend getting pads in that style rather than rigid one piece pads. I use Nylonove Kinetic pads.  I was using one piece pads before and i could acheive the tight around my ankle feel while still being loose up top.  They were either tight everywhere or loose everywhere.

Improving the grip of the pedals is also important.  This can be done for cheap by replacing the buttonhead screws with mountain bike spikes. - you actually must do this if your gonna ride offroad.  If you decide to spend the bucks on after market pedals, i think any and all are good and offer increase performance over stock.  I got the metal ones from aliexpress that are wider up in the toe section.  I ride with my toes sticking out (pronating) so these pedals were way more comfortable for me and gave me a greater sense of control. 

Edited by wstuart

4 minutes ago, Kamber said:

Which size did you guys go for, the big or the compact? Not sure which would be more appropriate for the SS or my size.

I tried both the medium and large size of Nylonove kinetic and the large were better.  I reccomend going big.

Oh also - get the leaperkim pads that cover the bumpy upper suspension bits.  This makes cornering alot easier because if give a smooth consistent surface for your leg to slide against.  I was surprised by how much this helped cornering. 

37 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Im 6'8", 240lbs.  I found proper pad setup to be CRUCIAL, especially for riding in wind.

My comfort and stability on the wheel improved dramatically when I switched to a pad setup that was tight around my ankle yet loose around my shins - allowing lean forward and back easily.  The pads that allow you to easily do this are the Nylonove Kinetics and Grizzla Flows that have 3 hinged sections.  I highly reccomend getting pads in that style rather than rigid one piece pads. I use Nylonove Kinetic pads.

Improving the grip of the pedals is also important.  This can be done for cheap by replacing the buttonhead screws with mountain bike spikes. - you actually must do this if your gonna ride offroad.  If you decide to spend the bucks on after market pedals, i think any and all are good and offer increase performance over stock.  I got the metal ones from aliexpress that are wider up in the toe section.  I ride with my toes sticking out (pronating) so these pedals were way more comfortable for me and gave me a greater sense of control. 

Seems like the Grizzla and Nylonove are the indeed the go-to's; I'm leaning toward Grizzla because i'm having difficulty finding a US retailer for the Nylonove Kinetic pads. Actually, I can't find a US retailer for the Grizzla pads either, but eevee's in Canada stocks them.

Definitely plan on upgrading the pedals as needed too, need to do some more research first though. Not sure what all are the options for the SS; so far I see Nylonove and the eRides pedals, but unsure if any Clark pads will fit.

Edited by Kamber

9 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Oh also - get the leaperkim pads that cover the bumpy upper suspension bits.  This makes cornering alot easier because if give a smooth consistent surface for your leg to slide against.  I was surprised by how much this helped cornering. 

Do you know what these are called or have a link? Took a quick look and couldn't find it here.

Also, where do you source your Nylonove products from? Stateside?

Edited by Kamber

1 hour ago, Kamber said:

i printed these. they are working great.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5844288/files

20230422_093130.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kamber said:

48 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Im 6'8", 240lbs - my experience might be relevent.  I found proper pad setup to be CRUCIAL, especially for riding in wind.

My comfort and stability on the wheel improved dramatically when I switched to a pad setup that was tight around my ankles and loose around my shins - allowing me to lean forward and back more easily.  The pads that allow you to easily do this are the Nylonove Kinetics and Grizzla Flows that have 3 hinged sections.  I highly reccomend getting pads in that style rather than rigid one piece pads. I use Nylonove Kinetic pads.  I was using one piece pads before and i could acheive the tight around my ankle feel while still being loose up top.  They were either tight everywhere or loose everywhere.

43 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I tried both the medium and large size of Nylonove kinetic and the large were better.  I reccomend going big.

I keep using this guys photo I'm sure he doesn't mind,I think it looks absolutely stunning so I've gone the same set up , e-Rides pedals and grizzla flow big , I'll add a seat later  ,stunning

Screenshot_20230410_153543_Telegram.jpg

11 hours ago, Kamber said:

Do you know what these are called or have a link? Took a quick look and couldn't find it here.

Also, where do you source your Nylonove products from? Stateside?

Yeah searching for stuff on aliexpress is a nightmare.  Their shipping is fast though I think this link will work. This is for the suspension cover / seat set

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005091505581.html

I get my Nylonove stuff directly from them.  Hulej market i think is the name of the site.  Shippping isnt always fast.  I love their pedals on my non suspension wheels

Edited by wstuart

1 hour ago, Kamber said:

Thanks all — ended up placing an order for a set of NyloNove Kinetic 2.0 big pads and pedals. Hope they don't take forever to get here, but I suppose it is what it is at this point! 

where from everywhere I looked says out of stock?

44 minutes ago, stephen said:

where from everywhere I looked says out of stock?

Hulaj Market (the main Polish distributor) Always shows popular items as being out of stock, so you need to keep checking their site regularly! You can also have them "notify via email" when back in stock, but need to act real quickly when stocks arrive as they Always sell out instantly usually within the first few hours! I've ordered several times from Hulaj Market and probably just dropped lucky with my timing.

• Upvote 2