Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

10 hours ago, stephen said:

so what range are you guys averaging compared to the og Sherman or Max is it similar or better range to either ,I know og is only 3200wh just wanted to know how much etc

I regularly getting over 100km's (62 miles) with around 35% battery remaining at around 10C temps. I should also mention that my riding weight is 200lbs. I suspect that I will get more range during the summer. I'm excited to find out.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I regularly getting over 100km's (62 miles) with around 35% battery remaining at around 10C temps. I should also mention that my riding weight is 200lbs. I suspect that I will get more range during the summer. I'm excited to find out.

thx what's average speed on that information please ,, cheers

• Like 1

Just now, stephen said:

thx what's average speed on that information please ,, cheers

My average speed on most rides is between 35-45km/h (21-27mph) with a few quick blasts up to 65km/h (40mph).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clem604 said:

My average speed on most rides is between 35-45km/h (21-27mph) with a few quick blasts up to 65km/h (40mph).

Is that an app reported average speed? Because an actual avg speed of 45km/h would require quite a lot of time spent at 65km/h.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

Is that an app reported average speed? Because an actual avg speed of 45km/h would require quite a lot of time spent at 65km/h.

I didn't use the app on my last ride so that average number is mostly me just guesstimating. On my 130km ride it says I was averaging 23km/h

I ordered my Sherman-S from AliExpress, 2nd batch. I noticed some significant wobble in my wheel after coming down from bonks/jumps. I took it to PEV Works and they said that the seating of the tire is great, but the tire is manufactured poorly and is not symmetrical. There is a lot of wobble in the tire, not so much that it is dangerous, but it does prevent me from carving the way I want to. 

I wanted a different tire anyway so it wasn't a big deal for me to replace it. What was a bigger deal that PEV Works found a sheared motor bolt inside the wheel. They claim to have used hand tools only for the disassembly, so the motor bolt was probably broken from the factory. The technician was able to extract the bolt, but still annoying. 

Just an FYI for potential/current Sherman-S owners. 

Edited by Bustapalapno
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bustapalapno said:

I ordered my Sherman-S from AliExpress, 2nd batch. I noticed some significant wobble in my wheel after coming down from bonks/jumps. I took it to PEV Works and they said that the seating of the tire is great, but the tire is manufactured poorly and is not symmetrical. There is a lot of wobble in the tire, not so much that it is dangerous, but it does prevent me from carving the way I want to. 

I wanted a different tire anyway so it wasn't a big deal for me to replace it. What was a bigger deal that PEV Works found a sheared motor bolt inside the wheel. They claim to have used hand tools only for the disassembly, so the motor bolt was probably broken from the factory. The technician was able to extract the bolt, but still annoying. 

Just an FYI for potential/current Sherman-S owners. 

It seems like there have been a lot of these reported lately.  I wonder if this issue is bigger than we realize?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Clem604 said:

thx for this I'm not a speed freak so guess I'll be getting around 90+ miles and that's the reason I bought the Sherman-S and obviously the suspension and build 😊

• Like 1

It looks like Leaper Kim got it right with another Sherman model. This time, it is with the Sherman-S. It is currently outselling the Master at Eevees.

It is the number 1 best selling big wheel by a long shot at Eevees.

It almost seems like if a wheel has a name with Sherman in it, it will sell well.

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

It almost seems like if a wheel has a name with Sherman in it, it will sell well.

And/Or if they are perceived as being well built by a company who are actually trying to deliver good machines into the marketplace - a thing people seem to be cognisant of. Half-baked products aren’t for everyone, even at keener prices, it seems.

Did my final adjustment to the compression and rebound. I have 18 clicks on both. I have the compression 2 click harder than centre, the rebound 2 clicks less than centre. This gives 27%  sag, I’m 78kg with gear. Feels good and smooth. Almost all my riding on street.

Was torn at the time between V3 and the Sherman as I wanted something reliable with good safety. Happy with my choice as there appear to very few issues being reported and absolutely no issues with mine… thank god

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stevebee said:

Did my final adjustment to the compression and rebound. I have 18 clicks on both. I have the compression 2 click harder than centre, the rebound 2 clicks less than centre. This gives 27%  sag, I’m 78kg with gear. Feels good and smooth. Almost all my riding on street.

Was torn at the time between V3 and the Sherman as I wanted something reliable with good safety. Happy with my choice as there appear to very few issues being reported and absolutely no issues with mine… thank god

what is is set to when you receive the Sherman? , did you put it in the center then you did your clicks ?

got one on order so just trying to find out stuff

Edited by stephen

42 minutes ago, Freeforester said:
3 hours ago, techyiam said:

And/Or if they are perceived as being well built by a company who are actually trying to deliver good machines into the marketplace - a thing people seem to be cognisant of. Half-baked products aren’t for everyone, even at keener prices, it seems.

I agree with you here. I was just joking. The reality is that Leaper Kim got a lot of things right, even on things when the customer didn't know yet.

When the OG Sherman was first announced, not everybody was on board. Many complained about weight, higher required effort to ride and price. 

And now with the Sherman-S, no one was certain where the sweet spot would be now, as least not until after the fact. Inmotion went with 22" and over 100 lbs. Begode followed suit.

However, for Begode, even the copycat Commander Pro didn't do well.

So, Leaper Kim got other things right too, like low early batch issues count, higher build quality, better waterproofing, and the best suspension in the business. It also looked like that the top speed was high enough too. So yeah, Leaper Kim did good, again. 

Personally, after spending time with my Abrams, I now prefer the 22" wheels for commuting and adventuring. When it comes to big wheels, apparently, more people prefer the 20" wheels more, for their use cases, currently.

I think it was in the middle, not far off what I use now. When changing. I turned it all the way anti clockwise, the counted the clicks until it turned no more. I the backed of from the max so in my case, 11 clicks for Rebound and 7 clicks for Compression.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Stevebee said:

I think it was in the middle, not far off what I use now. When changing. I turned it all the way anti clockwise, the counted the clicks until it turned no more. I the backed of from the max so in my case, 11 clicks for Rebound and 7 clicks for Compression.

thx for that I'm 90kg so it might be spot on from factory cheers

Edited by stephen

New firmware update has just been released. 3.0.09

Check your leaperkim android app.

I believe it adds angle cut out adjustment.

Maybe it also fixes the cut outs when jumping? Yet to be confirmed. 

Screenshot_20230412_220254_LeaperKim.jpg

Screenshot_20230412_220753_Translate.jpg

Edited by Robb0
Added photo
  • Like 2

Out of curiosity, why use compression dampening at all? Don't you want suspension to be as responsive as possible and then just adjust rebound?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Out of curiosity, why use compression dampening at all? Don't you want suspension to be as responsive as possible and then just adjust rebound?

i found with no compression dampening the wheel felt disconnected from the road. it was great for smoothness but i felt that control was less responsive.

after some experimentaion i have compression 8 clicks from hardest and rebound 9 clicks from slowest. i also increased preload so that sag is about 18mm with me on the wheel.

btw, i have not change these settings for about 500miles. the suspension has not changed over time/wear for me

1 hour ago, Clem604 said:

My Sherman is still using whatever suspension setting it came from the factory with. It just feels great to me at those settings so I'm going to leave it.

that's what I'll do for now

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

It looks like Leaper Kim got it right with another Sherman model. This time, it is with the Sherman-S. It is currently outselling the Master at Eevees.

It is the number 1 best selling big wheel by a long shot at Eevees.

The eevees sales figures mean really little if you look at how many of each model they are actually stocking. You can check by adding maximum number of the wheel to your cart and it'll show how many are left. They barely had any masters in stock last year. It was out of stock for most of the season when I was looking for a wheel around then. The regular S22 outsold their sherman max until they took down the listing replaced by the s22 pro. They brought way more s22s in to sell which inflated the numbers, but id argue you see way more sherman and sherman max out on the road than the s22

Their bestsellers might be indicative of the sales in mainly vancouver, but I can say over here in Toronto I know 4 sherman-s owners and a Toronto retailer has 20+ EX30 orders. These sales figures dont really tell you much besides for a very small area

Edited by Cobaltsaber
  • Upvote 2