Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

RagingGrandpa

I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out why my Sherman S beeped while riding.  

I was doing a super relaxed ride just now, nothing over 25mph.  I was accelararing out of a corner and hit a large speed bump (that I go over frequently.  As I went over the bump it sounded like my wheel did one single 'beep' (like the exact same beep it would do if I hit the button to turn on the headlight).  Did I ask for too much from thr wheel?  There was no pedal dip or change in performance and I was only going about 20mph at the time.  Battery was 70% and temps were cool - it was night time

EUC world says 3500watts was max power for the ride at 35 amps.  Min battery voltage was 86v.  Min safety margin was 38%.  Im not sure why it beeped.  It was a very uneventful slow ride.  

Edited by wstuart

2 hours ago, wstuart said:

I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out why my Sherman S beeped while riding.  

I was doing a super relaxed ride just now, nothing over 25mph.  I was accelararing out of a corner and hit a large speed bump (that I go over frequently.  As I went over the bump it sounded like my wheel did one single 'beep' (like the exact same beep it would do if I hit the button to turn on the headlight).  Did I ask for too much from thr wheel?  There was no pedal dip or change in performance and I was only going about 20mph at the time.  Battery was 70% and temps were cool - it was night time

EUC world says 3500watts was max power for the ride at 35 amps.  Min battery voltage was 86v.  Min safety margin was 38%.  Im not sure why it beeped.  It was a very uneventful slow ride. 

Since you have EUC World do you log? Logs are more detailed than the tours. Also was it the wheel that beeped or EUC World alarm? If it was EUC World you can see in the logs what alarm was triggered, if it was wheel that beeped the interesting value would be safety margin (PWM).

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Since you have EUC World do you log? Logs are more detailed than the tours. Also was it the wheel that beeped or EUC World alarm? If it was EUC World you can see in the logs what alarm was triggered, if it was wheel that beeped the interesting value would be safety margin (PWM).

I just looked at the log after the ride.  It said the safety margin was 38%, which seemed pretty easy on the wheel.   I ride very connservatively.  Ive never had the safety margin go below 30%  

8 hours ago, smash said:

Are there any images of the throw patterns?

I have the original Cyclop headlight and this one looks to be an upgraded version. I have pictures of the throw pattern a few pages back, I think page 122.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does everyone go stiffest spring on Sherman s, to cater for all eventualities or is this the wrong way to look at it?  If the spring is too stiff for my weight with gear (175lbs) will the wheel be more unstable under braking due to insufficient sag?

@Lilvodka I have the 62lb spring in mine and I’m around 155lbs before gear. It’s a good ride for the mostly urban riding I do. I’ve done some sets of stairs, up and down curbs, potholes, ledges and roots. It’s been great so far. And I’m at a few thousand km. I think it depends on the kind of drops you’re using it for. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

I have the lightest spring, after more than 1,000 miles I still don't regret it. I weigh 76kg, whatever that might be in American.

I haven't ridden a lot over the last few months due to the weather, but it is now mid-spring and the weather is OK today, so I might head out now and run up another 100km or so.

Back from my ride, did 100.2km. The battery percentage bounced back to 18% once I stopped, but it showed as low as 12% when riding. I am pretty sure that it the lowest I've had the battery and I've done the same distance before. I think I'm cracking along at faster speeds now, when I was newer to the wheel I was probably not confident enough to ride as fast. I'm still happy to be able to zip along at up to 71.6kph and travel 100km with no real fear of running out of power. This is why I am glad to have the Sherman S rather than the Patton or any other wheel that has less than 3,600Wh. I'm happy with a 3 hour ride, not really looking to ride more than 100km - making this wheel really close to perfect for me.

Screenshot_20231011_160646_EUC World.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lilvodka said:

Does everyone go stiffest spring on Sherman s, to cater for all eventualities or is this the wrong way to look at it?  If the spring is too stiff for my weight with gear (175lbs) will the wheel be more unstable under braking due to insufficient sag?

You should go with the spring that gives you the best range of sag but that might be difficult to know ahead of time so you will have to ask other riders and compare weight, with 175lb weight you definitely don't need the stiffest spring, 62lb would be more suitable.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jugon666 said:

Hi again people, I am looking to replace the 4 silver colored bolts for each side of the battery packs connecting to the controller box. Does anyone know the exact model of bolts to buy for the sherman s? Thanks in advance!

M6x14mm, why do you need to replace them?

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 12:38 AM, Lilvodka said:

I got the 66lbs springs, and I weigh max 90kg fully geared. Its very comfortable.

I've used about half preload on the springs and it gives me somewhere between 25%-30% sag. What struck me as a bit strange when adjusting the preload was that there was practically zero resistance on the first circa 8mm of travel, almost like the spring is a bit too short for riding with low preload. 

In practical terms it works great and IDK enough about suspension to know if its valid criticism or just how coil shocks work.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2023 at 9:13 PM, Rawnei said:

M6x14mm, why do you need to replace them?

Thank you very much for the info. Reason is: I was disassembling the sherman s to do the first 3000km check up, etc. when putting it back I was careless enough to slightly damage the hex socket on one of the bolts... Total user error from my side, so I thought I would just replace them all next time. 

Edited by jugon666
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

This is a great review, i always like hsiang's reviews. I feel like he's pretty honest and i enjoy the way they are edited. Have to admit, although i love the v13. If it didn't exist i would have gone for this wheel and it seems like a great one. That seat upgrade is sweet and the wheel looks like it rides great. I wonder what psi he runs in that tire, looks i little low. i haven't been over 25 miles on a ride, 60 must be a nice long trip. Getting to be nice riding weather up here in the north east this time of year, i can wear all my gear finally...:P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

I agree this was the wheel I was looking at most when I bought my V13, I really liked my ride on it.

The guys around here all love their sherms. 

an hybrid euc between the sherman s hydraulic suspension + v13 raptor controller + 134V 3600wh battery capacity would be the dream euc who rules them all! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I got curious when he said he could get 100 miles out of a sherman s on a single charge? I wonder what is the average speed which allows such range and the final voltage of the battery after the trip? I am asking because I am not getting much more than 60 miles out of mine... could it be that I am pushing it too hard most of the time? is 100 miles really realistic?

• Like 1