Mango

Three are bits of impressions in different chats from testers. From what I have read, I think V13 is… just good, but not super-exciting, mostly because of its weight and top-heaviness. Maybe this is why there are not too many reviews are out, as InMotion may be analysing of what this all means from the marketing perspective. 

20 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

It's not much but I did see this posted recently; can't actually see the wheel though:

Isn’t that around 48mph (78km/h)?  Seems to have plenty of headroom, wonder how far its battery can sustain such a speed 🤔

At least some dealers are getting "wiser". :D Kudos for doing that. Let's hope euc quality will get improved right out of the box. Not after first/second batch.

Ps i don't even come in this V13 tread often. As i simply don't need V13. And it doesn't interest me at all.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cress said:

Everyone newly interested in EUCs should understand they are making a commitment to EUC technology as it develops and making a commitment to EUC Manufacturers who are in a learning process !!  :)

:D  It should be written on the box then.. You are buying "experimental/prototype" product. Expect not working as intended product... Something in those lines.

Our family for sure didn't know any of these "defects". Good thing we bought an older, already fixed wheels..

You buy new phone - if it doesn't work, you return it. You buy new graphics card for 2000$, doesn't work? - Return. Anything you buy and if it doesn't work as it SHOULD!! People return them for a refund. Warranty is specially made for that. If something goes highwire. You turn it in for repair, or exchange equal device. Free of charge.

Most new users simply buy the damn EUC and ride. Same as buying bicycle, or scooter. They don't go true hundreds of topics/videos just to find out, if that wheel is working or have some kind hidden defect.. Most would expect the DAMN thing to work! Because most would not think that they are buying "Prototypes".

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/14/2022 at 2:09 AM, techyiam said:

Wrongway purportedly to have ridden just a hair below 90 km/h on a city street at night. Mind you, that section of road that he was on, was wide, empty, and quite insulated like on a bridge. Should he have crashed, it would have been a single vehicle accident. And he was riding a first batch? That was just normal riding in a group.

Of course he also rode it at 90 km/h on a 80 km/h highway for reviewing purposes, shown in his first impression video? 

My gut tells me there are a bunch of riders who can't wait to get their hands on one, and go 90 km/h, and beyond.

Maybe but how do the rider blame when somethings goes wrong. 

My V11 had a puncture at 30kmh. And I went down very fast. I am pretty sure most riders that ride fast do not consider this to happen. Mainly because they are "skilled" and comfortable with speed. I just don't think you can keep balance to a safe or safer stop. This is the 2nd time a puncture has happened to me on different EUC while riding. 

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

My V11 had a puncture at 30kmh. And I went down very fast.

Do you use Slime in your tires?

I actually have puncture multiple times on my T3. The breech was actually a slit that was more than 5mm long. I was riding around 30 km/h at the time. It lost air quite fast, but I didn't crash. It just felt all a sudden more and more unstable. So I slow down and got off and check. Unfortunately, it lost too much air, so I had to walk it. And soon after, it became completely flat. And when it happened the first time, I had no Slime in the tire. With Slime, tire pressure lost can be slower, if the puncture is big enough, otherwise, it can self seal.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:36 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Anyways, this is unequivocally good! If anybody, it's the dealers who can force changes with the manufacturers. Money talks. And manufacturers will have to step up quality unless this becomes the norm and then who will buy their wheels right away?

Unfortunately, unless significant amount of dealers will follow, this is basically drop of water in the sea and get hardly noticed by Inmotion, as 1st batch will be sold out regardless. Most resellers are limited to 10 - 20 EUCs per batch, so it will have literally zero impact unless dozens of resellers will refuse to sell initial batch. Still, kudos to EUCO, whatever is their main motivation behind this move. Also, keep in mind that new manufacturing / shipping batch doesn't equal to new "design" or improvements batch.

Edited by HEC

34 minutes ago, HEC said:

Unfortunately, unless significant amount of dealers will follow, this is basically drop of water in the sea and get hardly noticed by Inmotion, as 1st batch will be sold out regardless. Most resellers are limited to 10 - 20 EUCs per batch, so it will have literally zero impact unless dozens of resellers will refuse to sell initial batch. Still, kudos to EUCO, whatever us their main motivation behind this move. Also, keep in mind that new manufacturing / shipping batch doesn't equal to new "design" or improvements batch.

I dont know if EUCOs plan is one to give kudos to. They are basically only applying it to 1 manufacturer. So not only is the the impact questionable, they continue to sell other wheels lacking the same QA to their customers they are supposedly protecting. I am all for trying to solve problems, but put a plan in place that actually attempts to solve the problem. QA problems are not limited to inmotion wheels. They are across the board.. 

I get the v12 pretty much screwed everyone over from distributor to customers so there needs to be something to prevent that from happening again. Then call it what it is, dont disguise it behind some we care about our customers message.  I dont think they have any malice behind it, but it just seems like an odd solution for the problem at hand. (to me)

Do we know which from the options below are being used?  And would we get the news once batch one has left the manufacturer? 

How long does it take to ship from China to the USA? Rules of thumbs for lead times (in regular conditions) are 1-2 weeks for regular post, 3 days for air express freight, 8-10 days for air freight, and 30-40 days for ocean freight.

The decision of EUCO to wait out the V13/Challanger is not unique. Speedyfeet has done it too in the past. 

It has happened too with other brands. It was motivated by too many problems with KS18L first batch. But what happens is eager early birds just do the shopping elsewhere. 

As long you only do this on one model it is not worth anything to the end user. 

• Like 1

It is too early to be certain for now, but the 3024 Wh Inmotion V13 may find itself in a less attractive predicament. 

Currently, the 4800 Wh Master Pro sales momentum trend is quite bullish at Alienrides. It first surpassed the V13 best selling ranking at Alienrides, than a couple days ago, it even surpassed the Monster Pro. It climbing the sales chart, besting Monster Pro, V13 preorders, Commander, and EX20S. This doesn't include the Sherman Max because, in the US, Veteran wheels are exclusive to eWheels. 

If this trend keeps up, and the owners take them on group rides, those wheels that have less than 3600 Wh battery capacity may end up not having enough range to stay with the group in the not too distant future?

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

wheels that have less than 3600 Wh

Well, Veteran and Inmotion calculate the Wh differently (Ah multiplied by 3.7 vs 3.6 volts), so the V13 should keep up much better than what the numbers suggest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

It is too early to be certain for now, but the 3024 Wh Inmotion V13 may find itself in a less attractive predicament. 

Currently, the 4800 Wh Master Pro sales momentum trend is quite bullish at Alienrides. It first surpassed the V13 best selling ranking at Alienrides, than a couple days ago, it even surpassed the Monster Pro. It climbing the sales chart, besting Monster Pro, V13 preorders, Commander, and EX20S. This doesn't include the Sherman Max because, in the US, Veteran wheels are exclusive to eWheels. 

If this trend keeps up, and the owners take them on group rides, those wheels that have less than 3600 Wh battery capacity may end up not having enough range to stay with the group in the not too distant future?

Not sure exactly how the EWheels/Leaperkim business is arranged but Alien Rides and Freemotion sells them too so not exclusive to eWheels. Just fyi.