Mango

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Here is another video showing a V13 climbing a rocky slope. They also showed seven V13's riding together up a trail. The V13 looked capable. 

I couldn’t hear any banging when the suspension dropped at maximum like in previous clips so maybe they finally added some rubber buffers. 

Edited by Paul g

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

I couldn’t hear any banging when the suspension dropped at maximum like in previous clips so maybe they finally added some rubber buffers. 

I couldn't really tell from the video.

But I have to say, with what we have been shown so far in posted videos, the Sherman-S's suspension is looking the most compliant to my eyes. Too bad we can't hear the suspension because of the background music. Also, in Sherman-S favor, its sliders are sealed and are wet-lubricated internally.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

But I have to say, with what we have been shown so far in posted videos, the Sherman-S's suspension is looking the most compliant to my eyes. Too bad we can't hear the suspension because of the background music. Also, in Sherman-S favor, its sliders are sealed and are wet-lubricated internally.

I almost got tricked into believing ShermS had some rubber dampener 😅😅 . I reviewed the videos again and corrected myself. The movement at the end of the sliding seems smooth, but you never know without sound turned on.

• Like 1

Again why almost all test videos is make with kids in cyclystic helm. 🤦‍♀️

We need some tests with adult persons who is representative not lightweight kids.

From all videos is suspect V13 from very bad setings in pedal/footplates modes i mean soft medium hard.

Maybee is becasue riders is funny light persons and cant give strong power comadns using pedal for strong braking and acelerating or just firmware is ctrl+c ctrl+v from others inmotion EUC what not respect 22inch diameter i dont know why pedal modes looks that bad.

19 hours ago, techyiam said:

Agree. Looks like Leaperkim found the magic formula… in one try.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, UtahRider said:

Agree. Looks like Leaperkim found the magic formula… in one try.

I have to say, it was unexpected, but impressive rebound, especially after the Abrams flop. I thought it would be unlikely that they would be able to make a comeback. And here we are, just look at the build quality, and suspension.

• Upvote 1

Only issues I can see with the sherman S (in my opinion) are that its only 100v, and 4200 dollars for a 100v wheel that maxes out at 45mph doesnt sit right with me. Second, the magnesium allow side cases are going to be costly to replace when they get damaged, and depending on the alloy it can be even more brittle than a good polycarbonate.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

its only 100v, and 4200 dollars for a 100v wheel that maxes out at 45mph doesnt sit right with me.

+1

I too would have preferred a higher top speed, may be 126V would have done it. This and 3500 W motor would have made the $4150 easier to swallow. I need the headroom for keeping up with traffic.

• Like 1

It’s really a wait & see game with all this hype. Eventually the price of most of most of these new wheels (V13, I doubt), will come down. The hero has been out maybe less, than a year & shops like freemotion are doing a unadvertised “selloff” for $2200 to make room for inventory along with some other wheels (commander, Abrams). So as far as for higher pricing of these wheels, & the selection & volume of wheels resellers have in stock, It’s going to take a little time after these new wheels are truly tested, & proven,  for the prices to seem more reasonable to riders.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There are SOOO many wheels coming soon, I am really hoping the V13 and the Master Pro are good, I would love a cruiser wheel built for us big boys. I am excited to try seated riding in comfort.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Some photos of a V13 at various stages of a strip down, as found on the InMotion Discord feed:

From picture it seems promising. It looks like plastic crap from outside - But now I see more modularity and nice metal construction. Fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, fbhb said:

IMG_20221002_143743_766.jpg?width=474&he

4 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

From picture it seems promising. It looks like plastic crap from outside - But now I see more modularity and nice metal construction. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, wow, look at the controller. It's a plug-and-play module! If you have to replace that, looks like you just pop off the old one and pop on the new one, all the connectors are integrated so no fiddling with making sure the right wire goes to the right spot.

• Like 2

Welp, looks like I'll definitely be replacing that tire - trash knobby confirmed. Sigh. 

What would y'all recommend for street tire that is actually available in the US? Please provide purchase links if possible! Assuming now that the rim size is set...

6 hours ago, HEC said:

Is that a public Discord server? If yes, can you share the link? TY!

No problem, follow this link: • Discord | #inmotion | Electric Unicycle Forum

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fbhb said:

Some photos of a V13 at various stages of a strip down, as found on the InMotion Discord feed and Also on the Telegram Suspension EUC Club feed:

IMG_20221002_143738_074.jpg?width=474&he

I'm definitely NOT inspired by the look of the V13's suspension implementation though!

IMG_20221002_143745_414.jpg?width=474&he

Man I wish inmotion went with an inverted motorcycle-style fork setup like the sherman S. They seem to be trying but the air piston/nylon sliders setup isnt the greatest. On the other hand, look at the fuckin girth on those wires. I am starting to believe their power claims.

17 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

Welp, looks like I'll definitely be replacing that tire - trash knobby confirmed. Sigh. 

When I look at it I see the exact same tread pattern as on the Veteran Sherman; isn't that considered to be one of the better knobby tires?

• Upvote 3

Got in to the hobby with hsiang’s videos mid September.  And pre ordered the v13 at ewheels sep22 I guess it’s not ideal to learn on such a big expensive wheel so I might get a cheap $300 wheel to learn on while we wait for the batch one drop.  Excited to read from you experts on here!  Seems like there are so advancements coming into the game at this time.  It’s my biggest recreational expense times 10 though not counting gear.  Need to work more to pay 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Those motor power cables are beefy! :thumbup:

Indeedly doodly! That was also one of the key points advertised in multiple Inmotion V13 videos. Those 100 Amps will feel very comfy in there ...

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Got in to the hobby with hsiang’s videos mid September.  And pre ordered the v13 at ewheels sep22 I guess it’s not ideal to learn on such a big expensive wheel so I might get a cheap $300 wheel to learn on while we wait for the batch one drop.  Excited to read from you experts on here!  Seems like there are so advancements coming into the game at this time.  It’s my biggest recreational expense times 10 though not counting gear.  Need to work more to pay 

Back when I started learning I got a v11 and people said the same thing. They told me having a suspension wheel that's big and heavy will make it much harder to learn. Now the v11 is nowhere near as big as the v13, but my point is I learned just fine and had a blast doing it. I'd just be concerned about dropping the brand new $4,000 v13 as I learned.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Josiah said:

What EUCs are available for $300?