Mango

On 9/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, yoos said:

The second part sound quite odd. Unless one of the V13 innovations is a weight sensor, I don't see how weight is an obstacle to max speed (on a wheel with presumably generous current and power headroom). If anything, heavier riders have an easier time torqueing a wheel to achieve a higher speed (they exert more torque with less agressive lean), while their aerodynamic drag is not that much more. The heavier rider will have less headroom at the same speed though. In other words, a heavier rider will have a lower safe top speed, but that's relevant for begode wheels where the rider is free to push the limit, while inmotions (and kingsongs) approach has always been to guarantee the same top speed (hard-coded with tiltback) for all riders (within weight limit spec) by reserving enough headroom (and therefore the IM,KS top speeds are conservative reinforcing begodes image as the performance brand).

All EUC’s sense load, responding through beeps & or tilt back. Elevators sense load. Trucks have a load limit, the closer you get to it truck goes slower.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HEC said:

Says who and based on which criteria specifically? They're surely not beating (or even getting close to) amounts sold by Inmotion...

Agreed, anyone can buy a inmotion EUC on Amazon, which says a lot, & AFAIK it’s probably the only EUC that has all the certifications to sell at a big box retail store.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Supakatt said:

Agreed, anyone can buy a inmotion EUC on Amazon, which says a lot, & AFAIK it’s probably the only EUC that has all the certifications to sell at a big box retail store.

I didn't realize Amazon had standards for what could be listed for sale, some of their stuff is pretty sketch. But I guess I learn something new every day.

In my mind, Amazon is just another distribution channel. Having Amazon in the mix can't make their other distributors very happy but it might spur price competition!

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

I didn't realize Amazon had standards for what could be listed for sale, some of their stuff is pretty sketch. But I guess I learn something new every day.

In my mind, Amazon is just another distribution channel. Having Amazon in the mix can't make their other distributors very happy but it might spur price competition!

Yes they do, & Yes some items are potentially sketchy, DOA out the box, & has happened to me, & I’m sure most people here remember the holiday season of exploding hoverboards, with batteries that had bad, or no BMS at all. So to sell certain electronic items to consumers in certain countries, online retailers & the products they sell have to meet certain requirements like safety. 

Unfortunately, that’s the very main reason I will not purchase another Begode Wheel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HEC said:

Says who and based on which criteria specifically? They're surely not beating (or even getting close to) amounts sold by Inmotion...

Alien rides has said that 80% of their sales are begode. Other retailers have also said similar figures. 

What numbers are you seeing from inmotion and who from?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eyss said:

Alien rides has said that 80% of their sales are begode. Other retailers have also said similar figures. 

These reports about share market are making me confused, they seem to contradict each other.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think that current boards are the weak link limiting braking, and that EUCs need huuuge supercapacitors so they can brake powerfully and not meekly like that! Like easily 10kW or 15kW absorbing capacity for the time you need to come to a stop. Way more than acceleration peak power, where the firmware may very well limit power delivery to conserve battery and keep people from doing crazy things. But braking needs to work! This video does not look like powerful braking to me (hard to say from this useless video). More like "Come on, freight train, stop already... aaah!". Imagine needing to actually not hit something in this situation.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm beginning to think that current boards are the weak link limiting braking, and that EUCs need huuuge supercapacitors so they can brake powerfully and not meekly like that! Like easily 10kW or 15kW absorbing capacity for the time you need to come to a stop. Way more than acceleration peak power, where the firmware may very well limit power delivery to conserve battery and keep people from doing crazy things. But braking needs to work! This video does not look like powerful braking to me (hard to say from this useless video). More like "Come on, freight train, stop already... aaah!". Imagine needing to actually not hit something in this situation.

Wait a minute! :blink:  @meepmeepmayer isn’t that more than 3 or 4 times the entire EUC battery? Anyway, I like you think big 😁

• Haha 1

It looks to me that the distance is around 30m - 40m?

If not slowed down, the braking time seems to be around 3s

If assuming Mark's going at his top speed in the previous video, around 70kmh, this would be very reasonable stopping distance / deceleration compared to typical motorcycles / cars according to my brief Google search. I'm not an expert and could be wrong.

I guess it's more so the fact they don't show direct data, or non slow-mo videos that makes it more sketchy.

Edited by sunstrong

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It doesn't even look like he came to a full stop, they just cut the video when he stood up.  Where I come from that's called a California roll

7 hours ago, Paul g said:

These reports about share market are making me confused, they seem to contradict each other.

I would imagine that alot more V8s and v10s are bought at places like Amazon by new riders (or me - I just bought a v8s on amazon).  I would guess a place like alienrides is selling to experienced riders who wanna go 30mph +.  Maybe that's a smaller market than slower new riders....

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I would imagine that alot more V8s and v10s are bought at places like Amazon by new riders (or me - I just bought a v8s on amazon).  I would guess a place like alienrides is selling to experienced riders who wanna go 30mph +.  Maybe that's a smaller market than slower new riders....

Could be, but people were saying other wheels sale better, like once was V8, than V11, then Sherman. I really don’t have any direct knowledge about that. Only resellers have this info.

12 hours ago, Eyss said:

So 18 out of the 25 wheel models in their inventory they sell are begode, that’s 72% if they sold only one of each wheel they had in stock. This is not counting Extreme Bull wheels that use begode parts. So realistically it only takes another manufacturer to have limited production, or other delays, that turns into not restocking that wheel due to those reasons, & that wheel over time becomes less popular because they can’t keep up with the demand for high performance wheels. Obviously begode takes full advantage of this with the variety of wheels they have available & in stock @ retailers like Alien Rides.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

I was more concerned with the fact he apparently had to grab the front, and then hang almost completely off the back of it to get it to slow down, and even then it took a VERY long time to happen.

Yeah, I think that POS knobby tire has a lot to do with that too. I really hope inmotion gets it together & puts a street tire on that V13 from the factory. Those knobby off-road tires these EUC’s manufacturers are pushing on us lately are cheap hot trash.

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

Wait a minute! :blink:  @meepmeepmayer isn’t that more than 3 or 4 times the entire EUC battery? Anyway, I like you think big 😁

kW, not kWh. Wattage is just the momentary power consumption or regeneration, which can be very high but is very short. You'd have to decelerate hard for minutes to possibly exceed the battery capacity, but since you're not slowing down from like Mach 10 that isn't happening.

My idea was that EUCs can have 3000W or 5000W momentary power output easily, so I doubled that for 10kW. Then added 15kW because margins. Nothing more sophisticated (or knowledgeable) going on in my head;) Rough plausibility check: the V13 is 8p, so the battery can output about 8*10A = 80A continuously, which gives 126V*80A=10kW that are theoretically possible even ignoring temporary power spikes. So these 10kW or 15kW numbers suddenly aren't crazy at all. I want something like 10 seconds of 25kW absorption now (comes out to 70Wh in capacitor capacity). Then you are guaranteed you can always brake hard, and harder than you can accelerate.

I don't know if it's really the electronics limiting the braking, or if the tire would just slip if you were braking harder. But I suspect with beefier electronics, the firmware would have to limit the braking notably less.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

And those are the exact reasons why many people don't like these large diameter wheels. Because it takes a huge amount of effort to make them accelerate and brake. THAT'S the issue in the video, not power delivery. A low powered 16" EUC is much much easier to stop, and can easily do so in a much shorter distance than a 22" EUC.

You're not wrong about that ! Even tho my MS3 doesn't go very fast it still takes a surprisingly long time to accelerate and brake (no special aftermarket pads here), unlike my otherwise pathetically weak little Airwheel 14 incher I started off on - that could turn on a dime, and stop faster than people on foot could !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 2