Mango

Just now, Jon Wall said:

55 on a single wheeled machine must be really moving!

I used to feel that way about going 30 on my v11, now I'm constantly riding the beeps at 35-37 because the roads/paths in my area are more than capable of 40-45. Having 55 as the max speed just makes it much more comfortable cruising at 45. But you can be damn sure I'm gonna hit the beeps on that v13 😂

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 9:28 AM, Lets Do Science said:

I just pre-purchased my v13! via Chinese retailer on Aliexpress. Per their sales, they are expecting to ship out the first production models in October so i'll likely receive my shipment sometime in November. I'm expecting to be one of the first in the US with this wheel, i'll definitely update y'all once received. This will be my first InMotion wheel, really hoping it won't force tilt back too aggressively like my buddies v11 does to him. 

That aggressive tiltback is why I like inmotion wheels. Its kept me safe on many occasions when I couldn't hear the beeps or was riding aggressively. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

It's the same thing as my motorcycle, I don't always go 160 down the interstate but when I do it's sure a blast 😂. My main reason for wanting that is the huge margin for safety that I will have. I generally want to cruise around 40-45mph as that's the speed limit in my area,

A V13 class wheel makes sense then.

Locally, the city speed limit is 30 mph. I prefer not to be passed by many cars. So a workable speed range would be something like 30-ish mph to 40-ish mph.

Outside the city core, on bike lanes next to highways, I can go faster. But I am currently on a V12, plus I am not at that stage yet.

So, I am still debating whether to get a Sherman class wheel or a V13 class wheel.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I used to feel that way about going 30 on my v11, now I'm constantly riding the beeps at 35-37 because the roads/paths in my area are more than capable of 40-45. Having 55 as the max speed just makes it much more comfortable cruising at 45. But you can be damn sure I'm gonna hit the beeps on that v13 😂

Wait a minute, are the speeds you are referring to in km/h? 

The V11 has a top speed of 55 km/h. 

The V13 has a top speed 90 km/h. 

I believe @Jon Wall was referring to 55 mph or 90 km/h. 

Correct 55mph not km/h.  I have repeatedly done 46mph on my Sherman Max. That was a comfortable clip for me and about all it had. I do enjoy this wheel 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

A V13 class wheel makes sense then.

Locally, the city speed limit is 30 mph. I prefer not to be passed by many cars. So a workable speed range would be something like 30-ish mph to 40-ish mph.

Outside the city core, on bike lanes next to highways, I can go faster. But I am currently on a V12, plus I am not at that stage yet.

So, I am still debating whether to get a Sherman class wheel or a V13 class wheel.

Yeah in my area the speed limit is 45mph on normal roads, so I am already getting blasted by cars. There are many spots where the bike lane just ends and I am now in a lane shared with traffic, so going 35mph is rather precarious especially when my wheel is screaming at me the whole time to slow down. I was considering a sherman class wheel but it just doesnt seem like its going to be enough (however maybe the sherman S will be decent) however even if the shermans had enough speed and suspension, I still trust inmotion more safety wise. 

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Wait a minute, are the speeds you are referring to in km/h? 

The V11 has a top speed of 55 km/h. 

The V13 has a top speed 90 km/h. 

I believe @Jon Wall was referring to 55 mph or 90 km/h. 

I am referring in MPH, so my V11 caps at 37mph and I was saying that I often hit 160mph on my motorcycle for fun, but most of the time I behave myself :lol:. Its one of those situations where I'd rather have the headroom and not need it vs needing it and not having it. 

4 hours ago, Jon Wall said:

Correct 55mph not km/h.  I have repeatedly done 46mph on my Sherman Max. That was a comfortable clip for me and about all it had. I do enjoy this wheel 

Man I cant wait to cruise at 55 on a single wheel. I am a bit of a speed demon, I have taken every bike/car I've owned to its absolute limit speed wise and I plan on doing the same with the EUC. Of course I will be wearing full moto gear, but a dump from an euc at 55 is way better than a dump from a bike at 100+. 

• Like 3

On 9/9/2022 at 12:19 PM, UtahRider said:

I’m a little more impressed. About 9 more times would be even more impressive. Thanks IM.

Why aren't you impressed with just one demonstration? 

I mean, did Begode or kingsong official durability demonstration video of its latest models impressed you more? Did they do 9x real-world drop test? 

If they did, i can see why you are sceptical. 

Sceptical not in the authenticity of the demonstration, but the confidence of inmotion in its own product. 

Those real-world official drop test videos by Begode and kingsong must be impressive. Those manufacturers must have steel balls of confidence to show their riders that they have confidence in the build and quality of their products. 

You must send me those official Begode and Kingsong real-world drop test video links. I want to be impress too. 

9 times huh? But why not 10?

Oh wait, imperial, not metric. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

The jump from 30mph entry level wheels to more powerful 45mph is fairly big. I'm thinking with a very small headwind I hit 46 mph. Couple times felt like I hit a barrier and couldn't get anymore even crouched. Other times felt easy and could maintain up a small grade. I'm thinking 50-55mph is another large barrier to get through. Given the weight of the wheel and the wind force, I  wonder what kind of lean it will take to get 55mph. And can it hold it with any headwind?

2 minutes ago, Jon Wall said:

The jump from 30mph entry level wheels to more powerful 45mph is fairly big. I'm thinking with a very small headwind I hit 46 mph. Couple times felt like I hit a barrier and couldn't get anymore even crouched. Other times felt easy and could maintain up a small grade. I'm thinking 50-55mph is another large barrier to get through. Given the weight of the wheel and the wind force, I  wonder what kind of lean it will take to get 55mph. And can it hold it with any headwind?

Yeah wind resistance is the biggie above 45mph. Generally I ride seated and find the wheels perform way better due to the lower wind resistance, but I make it work standing up as well. I am sure the V13 with its powerful motor and ESC would have no problem holding top speed with a headwind. The limits really come down to the rider and their skill level at that point. 

55mph just sounds so fast on a euc. Funny how 16-20 mph is satisfying on a Onewheel stroll with my daughter. Her and I both ride pedal unicycles as well on the same trails lucky to hit 10mph at times with a big effort . Much more challenging but a ton of fun going that slow. Same trail on my suspension wheel and trail is over to quickly and looking for more obstacles for amusement.  I wonder how this new wheel will fly down the road to get to the trails, do the trails, and smile  the whole ride home! Amazing times 

• Like 2

This question might be more appropriate for the tire thread, but how does sizing work for 22" wheels? I contacted alienrides who suggested 80/90-90-14 fit for the v13, however, I have an 80-90-14 fit on my RS right now - wouldn't that fit be too small for such a larger wheel? I'm trying to get a street tire ready. Side note, knobbys are just the worst yet seem to be the standard now for whatever reason, hella annoying. 

5 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

80/90-90-14 fit for the v13

Yes, this is definitely a mistake, the rim should be 17 inches instead of the 14 used for the 18-20 inch wheels, so you'll need a tire with that inner diameter. I think this is common size for mopeds and such so there should be plenty of options.

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That really shouldn't be a debate at all. Besides having the #1 customer service Inc the whole world (of EUCs), they are the #1 influencer to push manufacturers to fix any severe safety issues. The way I see it, the only way to be safe as a customer is to buy from Ewheels. I have wished for years to have that kind of an opportunity.

An Ali bought wheel might get to you sooner, but simply look at wheel launches of recent years and ask yourself what is the probability of not having any kind of issue that would require warranty services.

You can probably wait a bit when you know you've made the better choice.

Don't get me wrong; me, my brother and my friends have bought several wheels from Ali with great success. But that was back when the 18XL was a new wheel and first batch issues weren't invented yet. I wouldn't do it anymore.

That's my personal opinion.

I agree with you. 

I can add too that if you are looking to buy early on, then it might be a bad idea to buy locally and from someone that has a good reputation to sort out things and that is an official Inmotion partner/dealer. 

Those few bucks you might save initially could turn out to be an expensive 'saving'. 

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

Although, both the Abrams and Master Pro/X use a 17" rim, I believe the V13 uses a 16" rim, even though they all use 22" tires.

I would view a smaller rim diameter as a positive if it support tæller tire. As this would mean more cushion effen from the tire to avoid rim damage despite the rim might be stronger, tæller tire would normally mean more comfort ride too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I would view a smaller rim diameter as a positive if it support tæller tire. As this would mean more cushion effen from the tire to avoid rim damage despite the rim might be stronger, tæller tire would normally mean more comfort ride too. 

I also prefer taller profile tires. But in the V13 case, tire choices for 16" rims could be somewhat limited.  

But if there exist just one tire that I like to ride with on road, I am OK with it.

23 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Why aren't you impressed with just one demonstration? 

I mean, did Begode or kingsong official durability demonstration video of its latest models impressed you more? Did they do 9x real-world drop test? 

If they did, i can see why you are sceptical. 

Sceptical not in the authenticity of the demonstration, but the confidence of inmotion in its own product. 

Those real-world official drop test videos by Begode and kingsong must be impressive. Those manufacturers must have steel balls of confidence to show their riders that they have confidence in the build and quality of their products. 

You must send me those official Begode and Kingsong real-world drop test video links. I want to be impress too. 

9 times huh? But why not 10?

Oh wait, imperial, not metric. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

Lol. You took my post way to serious. These demonstrations don’t mean shit to me. You really think they’d show us a wheel that explodes in one of these silly demonstrations? (it’s not a test, a test means something totally different and none of these EUC manufacturers performs them).

On 9/12/2022 at 7:22 PM, chanman said:

Yes, this is definitely a mistake, the rim should be 17 inches instead of the 14 used for the 18-20 inch wheels, so you'll need a tire with that inner diameter. I think this is common size for mopeds and such so there should be plenty of options.

According to Inmotion there is not many options that fit. https://fb.watch/flHcqE6uQ6/

• Like 1

I believe the v13 and Abrams use a 16" rim, and the Monster pro uses 17". Correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree that 17" would be best since that's the most common motorcycle size with the most tire options. Plus bigger tire = smoother ride. It's already a big and heavy wheel so adding one more inch isn't a big deal.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie