Mango

3 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Here's a good suspension workout. Not full-size steps, but this is the first time I have really seen this much of the suspension movements.

Wow! Playback at quarter speed and notice only the wheel go up and down, the body of the euc hardly bounces . That is very impressive. The V13 and the Sherman-S are showing class leading suspension compliance for going up and down stairs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, techyiam said:

How can you tell?

19 hours ago, Robse said:

Source?

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

I reason I asked was because I was curious as to whether you know something that the public doesn't, since Inmotion themselves on Facebook say the following officially: 

306456694_5382733351808760_2232850858453

4 hours ago, onizukagto said:

If you don't trust Inmotion's engineering skill.... 

How can you trust any other EUC manufacturers?  

I mean, compared to inmotion engineering, they all probably looks a bit sketchy. Innit. 

Might as well just ride a scooter and be done with it. 

Maybe an inmotion scooter? :P

No. But you're not wrong. 

Until they start selling the 2nd batch, the first batch is still considered QC version. 

But it's all marketing jargon cos inmotion deliberately priced and worded the release as such. It's just being honest really. I wish other product markets did the same. 

Hardware improvements will appear in the second batch, which are deemed officially by Inmotion as "production" as indicated by the price hike. 

It's actually a smart marketing move to be honest, you are trading honesty with reality. 

First batch at best, will always have aspects that don't match intended audience or worse, have flaws that will be exposed in real life scenarios. 

Hopefully not as spectacular as the S22, which is arguably the best time to find a fatal flaw, at the very beginning before any unit has been sold. As opposed to Begode models that like to wait a few months to gain your trust before it tries to burn your house and family. :blink1:

To everyone asking where I get this info, please see the bottom line of my post. "This is just my 2 cents" :D

As far as InMotion referring to the pics they release as an "engineering prototype", I just see it as a way for them to show us the wheel but retaining a cop out for if we see something we dont like. Display not bright enough? "Oh its a prototype". Suspension makes a funny noise? "Prototype". Meh.

9 hours ago, MrEUCMan said:

I went for the V13 because:

1. I am not planning on using it in a race, agility to me is not a priority.

2. I need a wheel that can cruise comfortably at high speeds with stability and reliability.

3. I need range, even at 25 to 30 mph cruising speed, I need at least 50 miles with room.

4. I don't need to be the fastest or the most aggressive. Matter of fact, my V13 will probably never go over 35mph.

V13 seems to fit all these criteria.

Likewise. I dont really do trails, and im not interested in races or tricks. I need a long range high speed cruiser that gets the job done well, and this seems to be it.

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Just wondering, which wheel are you interested in getting now?

I am interested in the Shermax, and I would be interested in ShermaS as well, if they don’t put any lead in it’s plastic- would be a stupid move from their part if they continue with this idea, in my opinion. And don’t get me wrong about InMotion, if they let go of the remote calibration and other stupid complications with their wheels I am ready to change my mind right away, but I see they’re really invested in this quirky stuff, and have even more bizarre ideas for future, like AI that learns what user wants,(what user wants :facepalm: , I have settings) and so on, and they prove are not capable of basic stuff, like choosing the right MOSFET for the job, or not writing properly the FW for their models. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Paul g said:

I am interested in the Shermax, and I would be interested in ShermaS as well,

Reasonable choice, lower risks, but solid rewards. EX30 can be more risky, but potentially more rewards.

if they let go of the remote calibration and other stupid complications with their wheels I am ready to change my mind right away,

Good point. I have EEVEES to take care of that for me. 🙂

but I see they’re really invested in this quirky stuff, and have even more bizarre ideas for future, like AI that learns what user wants,(what user wants :facepalm: , I have settings) and so on, and

The AI CEO has been replaced. Not sure if AI and the $10,000 flagship model is still on the table at Inmotion.

they prove are not capable of basic stuff, like choosing the right MOSFET for the job, or not writing properly the FW for their models. 

The last CEO at Inmotion who approved the tried and true mosfets, but thin margins have been replaced by a CEO that believes in generous margins, at least for the V13.

All euc manufacturers have poor OTA firmware update service. IMO, Inmotion is not the worst. All euc manufacturers have firmware updates for early batch wheels.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The last CEO at Inmotion who approved the tried and true mosfets, but thin margins have been replaced by a CEO that believes in generous margins, at least for the V13.

Where did you find out about this?

Edit: It’s very blurry who owns these Chinese companies, it also looks like they’re privately owned so it’s even less transparency about them.

Edited by Paul g

Now is the right time for InMotion, LeaperKim and KS to also learn something important from Gotway: you need to adapt thick foam around the euc, not only for mere seated riding comfort, but, more important, for overall protection of the wheel. Gotway has something to contribute to euc safety.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

ROFLcopters

The way Gotway contribute to EUC safety is by existing as a sort of horrible warning ;) 

I don’t deny Begode is really bad in general with safety, but that doesn’t mean they do everything wrong.

You have a Begode Master. :efef50e3ba:

Edited by Paul g

10 minutes ago, Paul g said:

I don’t deny Begode is really bad in general with safety, but that doesn’t mean they do everything wrong.

Indeed they don't. They remain my favourite brand regardless of their numerous shortcomings, because the good bits about them are SO good... beautiful, brave, recklessly balls-to-the-wall lunatics - gotta love 'em :)

Edited by Cerbera

26 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Indeed they don't. They remain my favourite brand regardless of their numerous shortcomings, because the good bits about them are SO good... beautiful, brave, reckless lunatics :)

😂 , make yourself a FireBox :rolleyes:

Here's the longest ride video I've yet seen; the guy looks like he's having a blast!

In the first 30 seconds or so he has the camera in a bad position wedged in the pedal so it's quite shaky. Once he picks up the camera it gets significantly better. He does keep running into a warning beep for the first half of the video, which I suspect is an intentionally set value because he knew he'd be on pedestrian paths.

The path itself he is on seems like it's fairly rough with large paver bricks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rebeuc said:

Here's the longest ride video I've yet seen; the guy looks like he's having a blast!

In the first 30 seconds or so he has the camera in a bad position wedged in the pedal so it's quite shaky. Once he picks up the camera it gets significantly better. He does keep running into a warning beep for the first half of the video, which I suspect is an intentionally set value because he knew he'd be on pedestrian paths.

Nice. 

Rider said he cruised at max, 75km/h but only cos he couldn't handle any higher. 

Still pretty good for a pavement run. 

4 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Wow nice this one actually looks pretty fast. Not sure if the 360 camera plays tricks on me. I would not dare riding this fast without gear on such a path with pedestrians and trucks lol

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

If this is solid info then I am even more stoked for the V13. When riding on a single wheel at 30+mph, generous margins should be standard. I have heard similar information in a few places around the web about inmotion's philosophy being very different this time around. 

• Like 1