Mango

Mark Yu claims he was able to reach top speed on a V13 with the suspension removed. 

Now we have Wrong Way in a video showing how effortlessly he reached a top speed of 90+ km/h on a Begode Master Pro (with suspension).

I hope someone can showcase the V13's soon before all the speed demons are all spoken for in Master Pro preorders. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fuerte said:

I hope Inmotion is going to release an amazing wheel as Gotway already has their flagship models in the hands of testers!

2 hours ago, Mayhem said:

It is pretty weird that a wheel that has been shown boxed up with units “ready to go.” Still hasn’t had the wheel in the hands of anyone outside their network. 

I think this is a good thing rather than something you have to worry about.  It's pretty clear that inMotion has learnt from their past mistakes and are doing all their tests behind the scenes, in house.  Begode has just done their usual slapped their wheels together let us riders be their beta testers.  Numerous Master cut outs and frying batteries are a good indication.  I'm not saying the V13 will be completely flawless out of the box on their 1st batch but I'd feel a lot safer stepping onto it.     

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kamikaze_K said:

I think this is a good thing rather than something you have to worry about.  It's pretty clear that inMotion has learnt from their past mistakes and are doing all their tests behind the scenes, in house.  Begode has just done their usual slapped their wheels together let us riders be their beta testers.  Numerous Master cut outs and frying batteries are a good indication.  I'm not saying the V13 will be completely flawless out of the box on their 1st batch but I'd feel a lot safer stepping onto it.     

Yeah I mean with 42 Chinese mosfets in the v13 what could possibly go wrong 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Just now, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Yeah I mean with 42 Chinese mosfets in the v13 what could possibly go wrong 🤣🤣🤣

hahah but come on, let's be real.   What ISN'T made is China these days???  ;) iPhones made in China???  What could possiblly go wrong???! 

• Haha 3

Just now, Kamikaze_K said:

hahah but come on, let's be real.   What ISN'T made is China these days???  ;) iPhones made in China???  What could possiblly go wrong???! 

Oh I know I had two capacitors blow on my wheel that was only 4 months old along with all the battery safety fuses ..I went down hard on my chest and faceshield and luckily everything was under warranty .but now with the new board in ..as I’m zooming down the road at 40mph I try to block out the fact it could happen at any time .🤣

5 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Oh I know I had two capacitors blow on my wheel that was only 4 months old along with all the battery safety fuses ..I went down hard on my chest and faceshield and luckily everything was under warranty .but now with the new board in ..as I’m zooming down the road at 40mph I try to block out the fact it could happen at any time .🤣

Oofty!  well we ARE traveling on one wheel after all!  hahah Ride safe brother. :) 

• Like 1

Although the CEO did state at the very beginning of the launch video that the V13 is primarily a heavy cruiser, I am still curious as to why the V13 would cutout when landing a jump at speed, given the supposedly high safety margins. 

Having said that though, this video shouldn't have been leaked out because the V13 is still under development, and is not a preproduction demo wheel that were sent out to distributors and dealers. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Glad it got out since many distributors have made large preorders, without any 3rd party testing allowing to evaluate the quality, safety, reliability of the wheel.

Even if this video did not leak out, I kind of doubt Inmotion would not fix it before production, especially after that costly V12 cutout warranty replacement program they just had.

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Even if this video did not leak out, I kind of doubt Inmotion would not fix it before production, especially after that costly V12 cutout warranty replacement program they just had.

With the rider himself describing this fall as rider error instead of wheel cutout, I see the story repeating itself instead.

Repeating from, months before the V12 release (with timestamp)

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel good about Inmotion's choice of multiple MOSFETs in parallel; Inmotion is willing to spend money to make a better motor-controller.  EUC design includes lots of electrical components over-and-above the motor-controller.   We need a clear explanation from Inmotion as to why the video, above, shows that the wheel stopped turning,  Otherwise I agree with @supercurio, the V13 could have a prolonged post-production development process just like the V12.

Edited by Cress
grammer, spelling

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

A difference, for a self-balancing vehicle is that the motor was expected to try to catch up with the rider in order to restore horizontal pedals.
Which did not happen, and it looked like a wheel without a motor in it.

Ofc but what I mean is that because of the kick of the shock it threw the rider forward and then overtorqued the wheel it is not just a random cut out

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

Ofc but what I mean is that because of the kick of the shock it threw the rider forward and then overtorqued the wheel it is not just a random cut out

Ah yes agree, the motor worked just fine to bonk this rock, and somehow disengaged one it was in the air or at landing.
I reached to the rider in the video in order to request the original 360 footage. Maybe it can tell more about exactly when the cutout happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Mixed messages on this one, sadly:

(Sorry for contaminating this thread! :-))

Nah. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to remove 9 screws and check. I already bought a tube of sealant just in case, arrives tomorrow. Wheel arrives Friday. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MrEUCMan said:

Nah. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to remove 9 screws and check. I already bought a tube of sealant just in case, arrives tomorrow. Wheel arrives Friday. 

+1

You live in the Pacific Northwest, so, I can see why you are drawn to Inmotion and Veteran wheels. On top of that, I don't see a wheel out there that you don't have to wait for unknown amount before the bugs get worked out. Furthermore, a couple dab of silicone is so small a price to paid in comparison to wheels such as S22, and Master.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I thought you'd only just cancelled your preorder on the first batch of the V13? Or is this a very new personal moto?

I recently had a very bad experience w/ InMotion wheels (V11). Also back when I bought the V10 (non-F) batch 1, the bearings started to make noise right out of the box, but it never got worse so I kept riding, but the noise is always there. And yes, I did cancel my preorder on the V13 and moved the $ to a Sherman Max, which should arrive this week.

• Like 1